Bellator 132: Pitbull vs. Straus 7PM ET Prelims/9PM ET MAIN CARD DISCUSSION

I'll be watching for sure, Alexander vs zwicker should have been in the prelims, jacoby va salter in the main portion IMO

lol Pitbull put Sherdog on blast for their shit rankings on Beatdown.

That card is so fucking weak.

Pretty excited for this card, been too long without a Bellator show. But I agree with others that they did no promotion or anything. I've heard nothing about this event, I bet a lot of people don't even know it's happening.

That card is so fucking weak.
Yeah the first two fights are pretty meh, think nobody cared to see Houston/Zwicker 2.

But I love the top two fights. I could care less how many times we see Straus, Pitbull and Curran square off they are always fun fights. Georgi and Bubba should make for a fun one to.

Plus I assume we get a Kimbo announcement at some point during the show. It's essentially two fights, was hoping going monthly would help Bellator but maybe they didn't have the roster for it like I thought.

lol Pitbull put Sherdog on blast for their shit rankings on Beatdown.

What did he say? Honestly Pitbull should be above McGregor it's not even funny. It's not even a debate at this point. Poirier is the most overrated FW ever. He ain't top 10 idc what anyone says. Who's his best win? Brandao? Holloway? GTFO he's all UFC hype machine. Pitbull has 2 top 10 wins, Straus and Curran. That's more than McGregor has right now. People don't understand how good Curran and Straus are. Pitbull also KO'd Karakhyan!! Come on people Pitbull is a monster!

Straus is gonna whoop his ass, mark my words. Pitbull is to busy focusing (crying) on the rankings. Strauss should have beat Curran in their last fight and he will ravage Pitbull tonight.

Love watching pitbull fights, hoping he wins tonight.

What did he say? Honestly Pitbull should be above McGregor it's not even funny. It's not even a debate at this point. Poirier is the most overrated FW ever. He ain't top 10 idc what anyone says. Who's his best win? Brandao? Holloway? GTFO he's all UFC hype machine. Pitbull has 2 top 10 wins, Straus and Curran. That's more than McGregor has right now. People don't understand how good Curran and Straus are. Pitbull also KO'd Karakhyan!! Come on people Pitbull is a monster!
He said the rankings are shit and that the MMA media should know better. He specifically mentioned Conor, Lamas, and Poirier as fighters he should be ranked above - I'll throw in Lentz and Bermudez. It's a shame Pitbull doesn't speak English (he is learning). The guy definitely has opinions.

I think Pitbull and Straus would both be in the top 7 or so in the UFC.

Pitbull and Straus are top 5 period! Curran is also top 10. Georgi and bubba top 20 and most of the rest top 40 and climbing

Pitbull and Straus are top 5 period! Curran is also top 10. Georgi and bubba top 20 and most of the rest top 40 and climbing

No

Both top 5? no, Pitbull is right around 5-6, Straus is back of top 10 and Curran right around the 10 spot.

Junkie's got Curran and Straus 9 and 10 and Pitbull 6

I wanted to go to this with a friend but my MMA group are cheap asses lol

nothing on the undercard is worth me watching the undercard, but will for sure be checking out the main card tonight.

I agree

Straus has gotten a lot better the last couple of years. He's diversified his striking game, setting up his distant shots, and become more aggressive. So this will be a stiffer test for Pitbull, who has improved in his own right.

Straus' measurements have always been odd to me. They indicate he's a 5'7" t-rex. But when he stood next to Curran for those fights he was basically eye to eye. And he looks disproportionately long-armed if anything. He is a black afterall. I remember they used to list Minakov as a t-rex too, it didn't look that way when he fought, and they've since updated his arm length to be like 5" inches longer. They should update Straus'. He looks like 5'9 with an arm reach of about 73". Right now is listed at 5'7"/67".

I would be more excited for that fight and card if Bellator had stacked this card as they should. Could have easily went Guerreiro-Georgi, Jenkins-Yamauchi, Zwicker-Jacoby, Anderson-Primus; w/ a 3 hr block, and gotten people to perk up a little more. They should have gotten even more adventurous and added Kongo-Volkov and Ivanov-Ayala, or fights like that. But as Pitbull-Straus 2 is getting closer I'm getting more excited for it. Block out most of the rest. I guess some of those no names on the prelims could surprise. The records aren't bad.

Back