Bellator 120 PPV numbers

They waited till the last minute to accounce it though, and main event was not Chandler so people looking at main event oly may not have noticed.

Most PPV buys are bought on the day of the show and by that point, it was well-known that Alvarez-Chandler was not on the show. Obv, those names don't mean a lot to casual fans but to hardcore fans, who would be the base for this show, it was the biggest match and they were well aware it wasn't happening.

I heard that Rampage and Tito's salary alone was 2 million. That makes sense to me.

I don't believe those figures for a second.

In their heyday they were worth that kind of money, but I don't see anyone paying them that much now.

Even Affliction's average payout for top 10, legitimate possibilities for best HW in the world was under 1M.
http://www.cagepotato.com/affliction-payouts-are-ludicrous-you-expect-more-one-way/
Nobody's buying Rampage and Tito 2014 as possible best in the world.

Dave Meltzer is more or less reporting 65K now and that Spike is pleased with the number and the plans going forward are for probably 2 PPVs a year.

http://www.f4wonline.com/component/...t-new-japan-next-ippv-your-questions-and-more

About 1:14:00 into the Podcast, he discusses this for a few minutes.
They lost money at 65k not to mention the gate was miserable. Theirn only bonus is they don't have to pay the fighters any PPV bonuses.

The being Spike pleased is a front and they have no choice for a 2nd PPV or to cut Eddie since Eddie is contractually required to be on PPV.

In their heyday they were worth that kind of money, but I don't see anyone paying them that much now.

Even Affliction's average payout for top 10, legitimate possibilities for best HW in the world was under 1M.
http://www.cagepotato.com/affliction-payouts-are-ludicrous-you-expect-more-one-way/
Afflictions deal with Fedor was a copromotional deal. They had to split a ton of revenue with M-1. Also Tito and Rampage were use to making at least 500k and often millions a fight once their back-end share came through.

If those figures for Tito and Rampage are correct, they are for a lot more than fights. Especially Tito.

Rampage4Real did good ratings for them, I imagine some of the money for that. I'd heard they were working on reality series for both of them. They've done appearances on TV shows as well as on TNA wrestling. All of that would be covered under a contract that high.

In the range most expected, not sure if they made or lose money though.

Will be interested to see what the next one does, if they did Page/Tito and Eddie/Chandler or Brooks with maybe Warren/Dantas could it do better?

With Tito winning and Page winning if they fought I think that fight becomes bigger now than it was gonna be last Nov.

Rampage and Titos contracts are paid by Spike not Bellator so they have effect on the issue.

Da Bombers, Da Bombers, it looks like you may be winning our wager!

That wasnt a joke prediction?

I'd love to say it was but no, it was based on statistical history. What I failed to factor in (and I had no way to properly estimate this) was the conversion power of Bellator vs UFC in turning TV viewers into PPV buying customers.

The number was based on the drawing history of everyone on the card but would've been more accurate had it taken place in UFC.

At least now I have a base for future predictions. The next one, I'll figure it out the exact same way I did this one and knock off 75%.

They lost money at 65k not to mention the gate was miserable. Theirn only bonus is they don't have to pay the fighters any PPV bonuses.

The being Spike pleased is a front and they have no choice for a 2nd PPV or to cut Eddie since Eddie is contractually required to be on PPV.

Doubt its a front, as great as an Eddie fight vs Chandler/Brooks would be, Viacom wouldn't put on a second PPV just to make it happen if they were upset with the 65k on this show. I also assume they don't have to have the fight on PPV or cut Eddie. His settlement calls fornit i'm sure but they could always just pay him an additional bonus as a compromise to not have it on PPV or the legal route where they can show they tried to have him on a PPV and he wasn't able to follow through, if it wins pr not would be irrelevent, it'd hold him up and he doesn't have the years to be wasting. Not saying it'd be right, simply saying they have options and IF they hold a 2nd PPV then it's not a front, they're at least content with the first PPVs numbers or they wouldnt allow a second.

We also don't really know if they made or lost money because no one really knows what Tito and Rampage are making. Itwas announced before the fight by Tito that he makes the same weather he wins or loses his fight. I don't believe for a second that Tito and Rampage both made a million dollars.

I believe that the amount of money Tito Ortiz made wasn't 2 million (which was, according to people who WOULD know, a signing bonus). Rampage earning 500K seemed to be an unofficial official fact of sorts given a few legitimate members of the media have mentioned that figure. You'd assume Tito is in that range as well. Point is, those two weren't fighting for prelim money. The amount they paid guys is probably more than they brought in for the PPV.

NOW I suppose the question is whether or not 65K is a success financially but whether or not 65K is enough of a sign that there's interest to spurn off another PPV. Bellator shill/reporter Luke Thomas says that 65K is above what "Spike execs" thought it'd do. Believe that if you will or won't but if it's true, you'd assume that they're probably salivating at the idea of Tito vs Rampage on their second try at PPV with all of the kinks worked out from the original broadcast.

Dave Meltzer ‏@davemeltzerWON 1m
Regarding Bellator numbers that was an industry vague estimate from early last week. Wouldn't trust a number as definite this early.

Sounds like dynamite Dave is walking back a bit on his original number.

253,000? Awful prediction.

Common sense would have been able to accurately determine conversion from TV viewer to PPV buyer for Bellator compared to UFC, as just about everyone else who made PPV predictions called it at around 50,000-60,000 with people realizing it probably wouldn't break 100,000.

253,000? Awful prediction.

Common sense would have been able to accurately determine conversion from TV viewer to PPV buyer for Bellator compared to UFC, as just about everyone else who made PPV predictions called it at around 50,000-60,000.

My gut feeling was that they'd be lucky to hit 100K, which was what I thought they'd do with the original lineup. The prediction wasn't based on my gut feeling but a statistical model that has been very accurate predicting buyrates in the past.

WEC did 175,000 buys with less of a TV audience than Bellator and Rampage and Tito are far bigger stars than Urijah Faber was at that point. Their prelims did a similar number on Spike, slightly higher, than Bellator's did. The key difference, and it was one I freely pointed out in the article I wrote out with the pre-card prediction, is that Zuffa was behind UFC and using the same platform to promote it. It might as well have been a UFC event.

Call it hedging my bets, if you will, but I flat out said that I didn't expect them to come close to that number but that's what the statistical evidence showed that it should be.

Back