Bellator 120 PPV numbers

no.

rumor has it it will be around the 50-80 mark.

Estimates yes, 50-65K

actual believable numbers, NO.

Bellator, or at least Bjorn, were hoping for at least 50k right? Am I making that up or did someone actually say that?

I think that Bjorn's mom streamed the event online without paying for it.

Bellator, or at least Bjorn, were hoping for at least 50k right? Am I making that up or did someone actually say that?

The word I got was that they would make money at anything 70 or over so 50 would probably be on the low end of acceptable.

50-65K is the number going around but there some factors which indicate it could be over 100K. There's almost no chance it was below 50K

the break even number that many have speculated on was 75K..so i guess Bjorn and Spike were hoping for this and more.

The word I got was that they would make money at anything 70 or over so 50 would probably be on the low end of acceptable.

50-65K is the number going around but there some factors which indicate it could be over 100K. There's almost no chance it was below 50K

With all due repect to you, if 70-85K is "making money" and they got 50K, that shouldn't be considered acceptable.

If you've got 8 weeks of TV to hype your PPV and Rampage/Mo and Tito Ortiz and you do less than the making money line, you should probably be kind of pissed off.

With all due repect to you, if 70-85K is "making money" and they got 50K, that shouldn't be considered acceptable.

If you've got 8 weeks of TV to hype your PPV and Rampage/Mo and Tito Ortiz and you do less than the making money line, you should probably be kind of pissed off.

You also have to factor in that they lost Eddie Alvarez and that had to cost them quite a bit.

I think that whatever the numbers are, they should stay away from PPV. Paying Rampage 100K per fight + spending money on a PPV that didn't make money is not a recipe for success. PPV as a money-making model (in MMA) is slowly being phased out, and chasing after some Mayweather dream of big PPV buys isn't worth Viacom's time.

You also have to factor in that they lost Eddie Alvarez and that had to cost them quite a bit.

They waited till the last minute to accounce it though, and main event was not Chandler so people looking at main event oly may not have noticed.

I think that whatever the numbers are, they should stay away from PPV. Paying Rampage 100K per fight + spending money on a PPV that didn't make money is not a recipe for success. PPV as a money-making model (in MMA) is slowly being phased out, and chasing after some Mayweather dream of big PPV buys isn't worth Viacom's time.

if you think Rampage is only making 100K per fight, I have some ocean front property in Arizona to sell you. He is making 5-10 times that amount.

if you think Rampage is only making 100K per fight, I have some ocean front property in Arizona to sell you. He is making 5-10 times that amount.

I heard that Rampage and Tito's salary alone was 2 million. That makes sense to me. 50k ppv and a 121k gate is a little less than a million in revenue for Bellator.

Back