Belgian Police in shootout; just thawrted a major attack

Inb4 the "suspect" was an 8 year old holding a gameboy.

Oh wait, this wasn't in America.

Belgian police tonight shot dead two suspected Islamic State jihadists believed to have returned to Europe to carry out terrorist atrocities.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...id-Belgian-town-centre-leaves-three-dead.html
A senior Belgian counterterrorism official told CNN that the alleged terror cell is believed to have received instructions from ISIS.

Some members of the cell had traveled to Syria and met with ISIS, which plotted the attacks as retaliation for U.S.-led airstrikes in Syria and Iraq, the Belgian source said.

"This was in the framework of an operation looking into an operational cell made up of people, some of whom coming back from Syria," Werts said. "The investigation made it possible to determine that the group was about to carry out major terrorist attacks in Belgium imminently."

http://www.cnn.com/2015/01/15/world/belgium-anti-terror-operation/

Good for them, but it's starting to look like Europe is beginning to reap what it has sown.

Good for them, but it's starting to look like Europe is beginning to reap what it has sown.

They will keep trying to depose Assad even while Assad is fighting the same forces that want to destroy Europe/European way of life.

They will keep trying to depose Assad even while Assad is fighting the same forces that want to destroy Europe/European way of life.

Exactly. But whoever is in charge is promoting insanity and wants or NEEDS the world to burn. The Middle East in flames and Europe becoming more chaotic till it reaches a breaking point.

It seems that the nations must be brought to their knees beginning for a solution.

well done belgique.
Charleroi should be cleaned too. too many rats and baby gangs there, surely is full of ISIS lovers.

Inb4 the "suspect" was an 8 year old holding a gameboy.

Oh wait, this wasn't in America.

In America the FBI would have found some loud-mouthed malcontent and goaded him into action by helping him plan the attack and pretending to sell him all the bomb-making supplies he could afford, then at the last moment hold the patsy up as a proud symbol of success.

2015 will be the Arab Spring - in Europe.

I can't understand how these guys are freely coming home after going to Syria and Iraq. Anytime I fly its like 20 questions about my trip at security.

You would think in this day and age of intelligence gathering it would be easy to nab these guys as soon as the plane hits the tarmac.

I picture two bearded guys with micky mouse hats on to fool customs officials.

^^you're right, but made me think of this

I can't understand how these guys are freely coming home after going to Syria and Iraq. Anytime I fly its like 20 questions about my trip at security.

You would think in this day and age of intelligence gathering it would be easy to nab these guys as soon as the plane hits the tarmac.

I picture two bearded guys with micky mouse hats on to fool customs officials.

It's not illegal to travel to Syria and back. And it's very hard to prove that someone has being supporting terrorist acts while they were there.

It's a major issue actually, legally speaking. Intelligence services seems to be able to handle it though.

They were planning to slaughter police and take hostages, do live online beheadings. Vile Islamic monsters.

Back