Belforts future?

dennisS66

hands up....chin down!
@red
Reaction score
so what happens if he did fail the test....does the UFC have influence to ask the NSAC to grant him a licence?also...how does the fight with sonnen end if he gets his licence?

UFC has no say in the matter. The only power they hold over the commissions is the money they bring in for events which does hold some clout.

Vitor did not have a license with Nevada at the time of his assumed failure. By law, if a fight is announced then they have the right to test and it will play a factor in his hearing.

If his testosterone was through the roof when they tested they will definitely bring it up along with his other failure in the past.

I'd assume he's going to explain that he was on TRT and approved to use it in other states and now that it is banned, he is clean. They will likely give him a conditional license and tell him he will be subjected to numerous random drug tests.

If they end up denying him his license and fight, there's literally nothing he could do at that point. Texas might license him but I don't think the UFC would do that. He would basically have to retire or fight overseas in countries that don't test. Bellator and WSoF are not options since they are bound by the same commissions.

thanks for your input Senzo Tanaka!

Bellator.jpg

if he failed for his test levels, he'll get a slap on the wrist and a reminder about the new rules.

If he failed for something else, every healthy, active fighter between LW and HW will get an opportunity for a high-profile, short-notice fight with Chael.

if he failed for his test levels, he'll get a slap on the wrist and a reminder about the new rules.

If he failed for something else, every healthy, active fighter between LW and HW will get an opportunity for a high-profile, short-notice fight with Chael.

I would think that the TRT would of cycled out of his system by now.or when they took the test.

The UFC brings in a ton of cash to the state and has a good relationship with the NSAC. You go to Vegas and it's clear that the UFC is now an important part of the city. I'm sure that will help.

UFC has no say in the matter. The only power they hold over the commissions is the money they bring in for events which does hold some clout.

Vitor did not have a license with Nevada at the time of his assumed failure. By law, if a fight is announced then they have the right to test and it will play a factor in his hearing.

If his testosterone was through the roof when they tested they will definitely bring it up along with his other failure in the past.

I'd assume he's going to explain that he was on TRT and approved to use it in other states and now that it is banned, he is clean. They will likely give him a conditional license and tell him he will be subjected to numerous random drug tests.

If they end up denying him his license and fight, there's literally nothing he could do at that point. Texas might license him but I don't think the UFC would do that. He would basically have to retire or fight overseas in countries that don't test. Bellator and WSoF are not options since they are bound by the same commissions.

thanks bro

I would think that the TRT would of cycled out of his system by now.or when they took the test.

It was a surprise test - he took it in Feb. Whatever it was, apparently it was still in his system. I assume if he pops again he's done, at least in the UFC.

The UFC brings in a ton of cash to the state and has a good relationship with the NSAC. You go to Vegas and it's clear that the UFC is now an important part of the city. I'm sure that will help.

thats what im thimking.

Back