belfort only lost to champs? Same can be said for BISPING

I'm sorry but MMAth doesn't work like that, its their styles not who they have fought that matters.

so at bottom, I guess you could say that it's styles that make fights?

intriguing

just giving you a hard time. Easy joke is easy

Saying that Bisping has the experience advantage is idiocy at it's finest. Vitor has been fighting 8 more years, has more fights, tasted UFC gold, cage rage gold, ADCC gold, fought more elite competition, fought all over the world.

Insanity...

yeah but:

dan-henderson-knocking-out-michael-bisping.gif

Oh and experience goes to Vitor because he fought Anderson and Jones :)

Never gets old to me :)

If you count Sonnen's win against Paulo Filho as a championship fight, then yeah, Sonnen is also a former champ of the WEC.

If you count Sonnen's win against Paulo Filho as a championship fight, then yeah, Sonnen is also a former champ of the WEC.

It was a non-title fight.

Didn't know Matt Hammil won a championship

I think he needs to finish Belfort in this fight to make a statement. He needs to show Dana White that he can be a #1 contender.

It was a non-title fight.

Exactly, but Filho was the one who missed weight, eventually he sent Sonnen the belt therefore making sonnen an "unofficial" final WEC middleweight champ.

Difference is Vitor fought these champs while they were champions. Not ex champions years gone.

If vitor doesnt put him to sleep then i hope bisping pulls off a typical decision win so anderson can. Theres a lot of fighters i dont like but nothing pleases me more than seeing bisping asleep in the middle of the cage.

Sonnen has never held a title, and never will.

Coming close doesn't fucking count--especially since he would have been stripped for juicing even if he'd won his first bout with Silva, and got dump-trucked in the rematch.

That, and even though I hate Bisping, I thought he won the first two rounds against Chael....

Sometimes I wonder if people really watched the Sonnen/Bisping fight when they talk about it. Judges must have been on shrooms that day and Bisping would win a rematch anyday

The only chance Bisping has of beating Belfort is if Vitor gasses, and it will most likely be a boring decision as it was against Sonnen and Stann, technically he will have earned a shot if he beats Vitor, but who really gives him any chance of beating Silva?

Sometimes I wonder if people really watched the Sonnen/Bisping fight when they talk about it. Judges must have been on shrooms that day and Bisping would win a rematch anyday

It was a pretty clear 29-28 victory for Chael.

It was a pretty clear 29-28 victory for Chael.

First time I watched it I scored it 29-28 Chael but after rewatching it I scored it a 29-29 draw.

R1: 10-10
R2: 10-9 Bisping
R3: 10-9 Sonnen

Michael Bisping > Hamill > Jones
True story

I see what you did there. With better officiating, that deliberate knee to a downed Rivera should have given Bisping a DQ loss, making Rivera>Bisping>Hamill>Jones. True story: was looking through Rivera's fight record to see who else he lost to earlier in his career, and turns out he decisioned Tim Sylvia when they were both 1-0 amateurs. Wow.

Come on now TS, stop bringing logic into this. Bisping has lost to only former champions, but he's not Brazilian, he's British, and he's got a big mouth. Which means zero credit given by the majority of fans who are so emotionally charged they can't separate personal opinion from logic and fact.

I hate him therefore he's a rubbish fighter.

Chael was the Dangerzone LHW champion.

This made me curious as to who is the lineal Dangerzone LHW champion. Sonnen lost to Prangley, who lost to Babalu, who lost to Chuck (in their rematch), who lost to Rampage, who lost to Forrest, who lost to Rashad, who lost to Machida, who lost to Rua, who lost to Jones. This means that Jones and Sonnen are fighting to unify the Dangerzone LHW title!

Back