Belcher vs. Okami - Something you may have missed

eXtv

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
iThe64rAI3xgC.gif

I just now posted in a similar thread, perhaps they can be merged.

I saw it, also hoped he was out. No such luck.

what are you saying he was out?? He wasn't but whatever

Similar thread exists, also I don't think it looks like he was out. He drops his head down to avoid eating another one of those. After his head drops watch his left foot, he cinches up the body triangle to keep control, not something he'd be working on while unconscious.

Didn't miss it. Okami wasn't out. Your guy lost. Deal with it...

I missed seeing an actual fight take place, thats about it.

Yeah, I think he immediately dropped his head because he didn't want it to happen again. Or maybe he thought it left an opening as it seems he immediately went for the choke.

I saw it during the fight and was waiting for Belcher to do something but when I saw Okami landing shots right after I thought I saw wrong.

I think it rocked him, he takes it and drops like a rock. Doesn't matter, didn't finish the fight and Belcher got smothered for 15 minutes. He got embarrassed

Oh dear, another thread about this?

I don't think Okami was out, otherwise, Belcher would have felt it and capitalized. Okami's legs were still wrapped around him, so he was concious.

Good performance by Okami but the poor guy will never be anything more than a #1 contender gatekeeper until Anderson moves and/or retires.

Last night just illustrated that a great grappler is nothing to sneeze at. Cain got caught a few times even with JDS's back elbows but like he did in the Kongo fight kept coming. I was going for Belcher but ended up having to do pushups, squats and losing a sig bet. Okami and Cain showed what great grapplers can do even when rocked. Its one of the few reasons I have respect for Sonnen.

Back