Belcher as the underdog?

HearMeNow

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Kind of struck me as odd that Belcher would be the underdog in this fight? Granted not a big fav over Okami..but I figured the odds would be flipped. -125 for Belcher and around -105 for Okami.

Whatever though, great for me as im goin for Belcher...

It's a tough fight to call, but I hear you. IMO Belcher is gonna pick Okami apart.

Belcher has already lost to Okami soundly....

They've both improved since their last fight. Not sure why he would be the favorite.

Skill wise it seems close. I think there will be one clear winner in the end however.

Belcher lost the first fight but he has improved much more than Okami has since the last time they fought. Also, Belcher does tend to have issues with wrestlers so I can understand him being the slight underdog. I still think that Belcher will win the fight.

A lot of people will tell you Belcher has improved more than Okami. A lot of them will also offer no more details.

Ask yourself this: In which fights after they met has Belcher shown that he has developed enough in the TDD department to keep it standing or away from the cage? Beating Palhares is for instance impressive, but do you believe that fight is very relevant to how Okami will come at him?

i don't know - those odds seem right - basically saying it's a real close fight - that margin of difference is negligible

yes, the guy who was dead even with akiyama and herman should be favored over the guy who beat marquardt, dominated munoz, and dominated boetsch for 2 rounds.

Seriously though...

2 fights ago I was watching Patrick fucking Cote take Belcher down.

This is a big step up in competition for Belcher against a guy who already beat him. He is the obvious underdog.

Back