Belal wants to fight Shavkat next over Usman

blaseblase

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score

"For me now, I would rather it be Shavkat,” Muhammad told Kevin Iole. “I think he has more aura. He has the undefeated (part) about him. There’s no excuses after beating him. If I go out there and beat Usman, Usman’s on a three-fight losing streak. He’s old. He’s on his way out. I think he needs another win to get in the mix and show that he’s still hungry, to show that he still has tread on the tires. But I want Shavkat more. You look at the other guys, Ian (Machado Garry) isn’t even calling for it. (Jack Della Maddalena), I think he’s still hurt. I think it would be between Shavkat and Usman, and between those two, Shavkat makes more sense."

Well there you have it, for the idiots constantly complaining that Belal is ducking Shavkat. He brought Usman's name up once in an interview and everyone had a meltdown. :p

Book it, Usman last win is from 3 years ago, time goes flying.

People have anointed Shavkat as the uncrowned champion, but he's still relatively untested.

If Belal wins and makes Shavkat look bad, which is entirely plausible, this place will have a meltdown.

People have anointed Shavkat as the uncrowned champion, but he's still relatively untested.

If Belal wins and makes Shavkat look bad, which is entirely plausible, this place will have a meltdown.
Yeah he has some noticeable flaws in his game: lack of striking defense and his takedowns aren't that great. It's entirely plausible Belal shuts him down.

Usman is still dangerous.
He was winning the 2nd Edwards fight, then got caught towards the end.
and had a relatively close match in the 3rd Edwards fight.
He also arguably won against Khamzat on short notice and going up a weight class.

Belal is a proper champ. He worked his way to the top and wasn’t given any sort of push from the UFC. He put himself in a position where he couldn’t be denied and he’s open to fighting anyone.

As he should want to if he wants to bolster his resume as much as possible.

he’s relatively untested, but the tests he’s had he’s absolutely aced them.

Much less interested in who a champion would prefer to fight than I am in who he actually ends up fighting. And thats assuming I believe this, which i dont

Back