Belal Muhammad calls for Leon Edwards rematch: ‘You didn’t earn yourself a title fight’

Edwards would had lost to Nate without time limit so he needs to rack up few more wins before he deserves TS.
Lol Nate was gifted two more rounds for a fight that should’ve been three. More time would not happen under any circumstance so no need for hypothetical scenarios.

You can't really declare Leon the winner after a single round. This is MMA and fights are judged over 3/5 rounds for a reason.

That said, I think he should move on. Leon clearly isn't interested in rematching him and Belal has now broken into the top 10. Michael Chiesa or Vicente Luque would be a great opponents for him right now.

If he keeps winning, he'll eventually get the Edwards rematch.

according to the logic of the person you replied to, if Conor just eye poked people after the 2nd round he wins every fight LOL

I don't blame the guy for trying but he is not getting that fight.

Realistically he can fight Magny or Khamzat if he ever comes back.

Why wouldn’t he ask to run it back? He got viciously poked seconds into the second round of a 5 round fight. Ok so he lost the first round, there were still 4 left.

Why wouldn’t he ask to run it back? He got viciously poked seconds into the second round of a 5 round fight. Ok so he lost the first round, there were still 4 left.

Because it was a last second replacement fight, and the UFC doesn't give a shit about Muhammad.

Right, so why wouldn't Muhammad ask to run it back?

He can ask, but they clearly don't give a shit about that fight.

Edwards is probably going to fight Masvidal or the loser of Burns/WB.

Also, it's not like anybody was demanding to see Belal again after that Maia fight.

Probably not but everything he said is spot on. Leon has not beaten any relevant WWs… he hasn’t earned a title shot..
there's also the fact that Leon's big claim to a top spot and title contention was his win streak, which he broke with the eyepoke, he's on a grand 1 fight win streak now lol.

It’s only fair. Leon targeted his eyes badly multiple of times.

there's also the fact that Leon's big claim to a top spot and title contention was his win streak, which he broke with the eyepoke, he's on a grand 1 fight win streak now lol.
Lmfao hadn’t thought of that. But excellent point!

I don't really want to see this fight again. I get that Belal wants to fight up, but I don't see any reason for a rematch until Belal can get some good wins.

Edwards is a dumb fuck if he really is content on waiting for a title shot.

Belal isnt really one to talk after he got his legs butchered en route to an unimpressive decision against Dhiego Lima who a 40yo Matt Brown just decapitated and then a really lackluster decision against retirement home Maia

Can Belal STFU, he honestly isn't anywhere near the top 5 and all he has done for the last 3 months is cry and beg for fights he doesn't deserve.

I think Belal beats the hell outta Leon in the rematch.

Belal is too motivated.. Leon needs to continue ducking Belal as it serves him no purpose fighting someone that low ranked.. but he should take it, there’s some hype to this rematch and Leon needs all the hype…
There is literally no hype in Edwards vs Muhammed 2 at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back