Being stubborn = nerve damage?

Eric O said:
OH STFU. Don't edit out parts of my posts and then critique them you :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:. I'll stomp your face in.

Oh im sorry ill add the rest.

"If you get caught tap. For god's sake its just training."

And your telling me and everyone else here that armbars are used only at a begginner level? To argue thats not an ignorant statment is pretty fuckin stupid. Tell Vernon White and Carlos Newton taht they "should haev trained enough they woulda seen them comin a mile away" after they lost to Sakuraba...and pretyt much everyone else in the sport of BJJ and MMA who've lost to armbars...

Everyone SHOULD know what an armbar is or they have no business rolling. Once they know what is it, they should know to tap.

The exceptions are white belt noobs who don't tap due to ego or ignorance and freakishly flexible people. I met a flexible freak in competition once and I thought I was gonna break his arm. Not good.

Another possibility is that you aren't applying the technique correctly.

I've seen high level belts get their arms popped and ribs broken on the mat in regular training, sometimes by lower belts. Everyone has to be careful when rolling. Many people will crank submissions if they don't get a tap.

Peace!

with regards to the guy i posted about that i injured in training..... He is an individual that just believes you should fight through everything. He makes getting a sub on him very hard work. And you can't talk him out of it. If he wants to risk his body and has been repeatedly warned and advised (and laughs at your advice), then that's just too damned bad if he gets hurt. i knew the heel hook would hurt him. But he's very advanced and has fought NHB fights. He knows what's up. I really don't feel sorry for him at all.

I fight my f'ing heart out because I'm a white belt and I feel like if I just tap because the guy is kinda in position for the sub, I'm robbing myself and him of learning. However, if a fucker gets that shit on, I tap like you wouldn't believe.

Back