Being popped for a diuretic is not nearly as bad as being popped for a roid or PCT

She has said it via multiple outlets. Really, lying would make it even worse, so I am inclined to believe her for what may be the firs time. Of course, the pathetic collection of excuses she posted on facebook was terrible.

And there are a ton of medications to control high blood pressure that do not strain the kidneys, including most ACE inhibitors. Fuck, Lisinopril actually can help protect the kidneys while controlling high blood pressure. Sure, I do not know the specifics of why Cyborg had high blood pressure, although there are some obvious theories (including AAS use which can raise blood pressure, a safe theory since we know she has used before), I cannot say with certainty what type of protocol should have been followed. However, any responsible physician should follow the path of least harm, and using a substance that produces additional stressors for organs already close to overload (according to Cyborg, she had the most difficult weight cut in human history, and she neglects to acknowledge that it is her continued weight gain that makes it difficult) is irresponsible in the extreme.
Interesting. Thanks for the insight. I admittedly don't know shit about this, but it struck me as odd the way she came out with so many excuses. I can understand trying to use something to make weight for a big fight, but honestly given her history and the fact that she knows to expect USADA testing, using a prohibited item to cut the weight just doesn't make sense to me, and that's before we get to the health concerns you've pointed out above. Because of that, I feel that either she is lying outright or is admitting the diuretic use because she was taking other things as well but only tested positive for the diuretic, and so she has a legitimate (except for all the reasons why it's not) excuse and she can play victim, not guilty party.

Interesting. Thanks for the insight. I admittedly don't know shit about this, but it struck me as odd the way she came out with so many excuses. I can understand trying to use something to make weight for a big fight, but honestly given her history and the fact that she knows to expect USADA testing, using a prohibited item to cut the weight just doesn't make sense to me, and that's before we get to the health concerns you've pointed out above. Because of that, I feel that either she is lying outright or is admitting the diuretic use because she was taking other things as well but only tested positive for the diuretic, and so she has a legitimate (except for all the reasons why it's not) excuse and she can play victim, not guilty party.

It literally makes the opposite of sense.

Sure it is.

It gives you an unfair physical advantage over your opponent, one that was obtained by taking a banned substance.

It's the same thing lol

She didn't offend under USADA the first time, that rule doesn't apply.

And this you know for sure? In other sports there are different doping agencies that are doing the testing and that rule does indeed apply.

Lets not pretend she is taking that diuretic, out of competition, with no fight booked... for anything other than to mask her PEDs

People seem to forgive and forget about male fighters popped for roids or PCT, yet they give so much crap to Cyborg because of a lame diuretic. Double standards much?

giphy.gif

Wrong.

She just finished a rant because she knew she was gonna pop hot

PCTs and diuretics are used for the same purpose, to mask testosterone gains.

PCT or post cycle therapy is used to restore natural testosterone production. It has nothing to do with masking anything, and is actually about recovery.

No, pct drugs are not used to mask anythkng, they are use to speed up the hpta recovery process
PCT or post cycle therapy is used to restore natural testosterone production. It has nothing to do with masking anything, and is actually about recovery.
ok. It restores testosterone so the fighter doesnt get bitch tits. A fighter will get flagged for low T and PCT helps raise testosterone up which in turn hides the fact that they were using. Its used to deceive testing.

ok. It restores testosterone so the fighter doesnt get bitch tits. A fighter will get flagged for low T and PCT helps raise testosterone up which in turn hides the fact that they were using. Its used to deceive testing.

No, levels can be low for any number of reasons, including poor diet while overtraining. PCT is actually restorative treatment, and in no way masks use. Many fighters have tested below normal levels, and that is not grounds for failure.

If it was for a drug test the day before or day of or right after the weigh ins i'd agree with you threadstarter, but she had no weight loss reason to be trying to shed water in December that I can think of

So if a fighter pops for a diuretic used to hide his steroids usage, it's better than popping for steroids? It does not seem logical at all...

No, levels can be low for any number of reasons, including poor diet while overtraining. PCT is actually restorative treatment, and in no way masks use. Many fighters have tested below normal levels, and that is not grounds for failure.
People were questioning jones for low T levels.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Vi...Levels-Before-UFC-182-Highly-Suspicious-80631

Like I said, people use it to get their T levels back up after a cycle so it doesnt raise suspicion.

Back