Being friends with gay guys

But Yo @Zer Speaking of Greats, has nobody heard of Frederick? Dude was a fucking all-time great cap peeler. <Lmaoo>

Napoleon Bonaparte saw the Prussian King as the greatest tactical genius of all time;[97] after Napoleon's victory of the Fourth Coalition in 1807, he visited Frederick's tomb in Potsdam and remarked to his officers, "Gentlemen, if this man were still alive I would not be here".[98] Napoleon frequently "pored through Frederick's campaign narratives and had a statuette of him placed in his personal cabinet."[99]

Most modern biographers agree that Frederick was primarily homosexual and that his sexuality was central to his life and character.[157][158][159][160][161] After a lowering defeat on the battlefield, Frederick wrote: "Fortune has it in for me; she is a woman, and I am not that way inclined."[162]

At age 16, Frederick seems to have embarked upon a youthful affair with Peter Karl Christoph von Keith, a 17-year-old page of his father. Rumors of the liaison spread in the court and the "intimacy" between the two boys provoked the condemnation of even his elder and favorite sister, Wilhelmine,[15] who wrote, "Though I had noticed that he was on more familiar terms with this page than was proper in his position, I did not know how intimate the friendship was."[14]

Frederick certainly spent much of his time at Sanssouci, his favourite residence in Potsdam, in a circle that was exclusively male, though a number of his entourage were married.[174][175] The palace gardens include a Temple of Friendship (built as a memorial to Wilhelmine), which celebrate the homoerotic attachments of Greek Antiquity, and which is decorated with portraits of Orestes and Pylades, amongst others.[176]

Orestes and Pylades:

Orestes-Pylades.jpg

In the 1750s Voltaire began writing his Mémoires.[179] The manuscript was stolen and a pirate copy was published in Amsterdam in 1784 as The Private Life of the King of Prussia.[180] In it, Voltaire explicitly detailed Frederick's homosexuality and the circle surrounding him.

<Dany07>

But check it:

Friedrich Wilhelm von Steuben (1730–94), was a Prussian and later an American military officer. He served as Inspector General and a Major General of the Continental Army during the American Revolutionary War, as well as General George Washington's chief of staff. He is credited with being one of the fathers of the Continental Army in teaching them the essentials of military drills, tactics, and disciplines.[1] He wrote Regulations for the Order and Discipline of the Troops of the United States, the book that served as the standard United States drill manual until the War of 1812.[2]

On the recommendation of Benjamin Franklin, Washington brought in Von Steuben, who had been an officer on the German General staff but fled the country when he was threatened with prosecution for homosexuality. He joined Washington's army at Valley Forge in February 1778 and became a Senior Advisor. Despite rumors about sexual behavior, there never was an investigation of von Steuben and he received a Congressional pension after the war.[127][128]
Sin is not a modern invention. And just because a great military tactician was homosexual it doesn't somehow convey legitimacy upon his perverted sexual predelictions.

I had a gay friend who had great taste for dresses. I loved bringing him along to shop.

I've had gay friends. They'll eventually turn on you in some way, but most friends do. They might do it a little quicker; there is a strange resentment that goes to what I think are some mental issues. I did have one gay buddy that was cool throughout that moved away.
Yeah, it's like having a hot chick around that won't fuck you. Only, you as the straight guy are playing the role of the hot chick that won't fuck.

I had a few gay riding buddies(motorcycles, get your mind out of the gutter) and it was cool for a while but they started to resent me and were like bitchy women once they realized I wouldn't ever be down with that shit.

I'm pretty gay sometimes and I'd be terrible to hang out with. I'm not one of those flamboyant gays that can steer girls towards my straight bros, I'm the kind of gay who's only gay because he's so terrible with women and would probably spaff in your hair if you blacked out in my presence. Kind of a buzzkill I know
I don't know how to take you, and you are much more intelligent than I am.

I will just agree with you. And maybe in the Mayberry movie club I could say I like a movie and you could make up a bunch of smart stuff to go with it?

I don't mind having gay friends, but friends come and go, no just kidding but seriously. The only issue I have is when I feel like either I am leading them on and provoking some sort of fantasy in their mind I want nothing to do with or they are like a closeted bisexual and they pull some kind of underhanded entitlement to my time and energy because of some money they spent on me to do something they wanted to do.

Best friend was gay. He helped me out more than anyone else ever did. He passed 2 years ago, and I was messed up for quite awhile. Made a thread here about it. Met some of his gay friends, and most become some good friends of mine.

They are like anyone else. Maybe expect more gay jokes, and some trying to be a bit overly familiar with you.

Hanging out with gay dudes is fine but they always go through a phase where they gotta try to say the most shocking shit to you. Its best to not even respond if you want it to stop. Also they will fantasize about fucking you and some of them will tell ya

Dick pics incoming, TS.

I was best friends with a gay dude. He wasnt out when we became friends. Even had a long term girlfriend. When he finally came out I didnt care much and continued hanging out with him.

What changed is when he 1)said seeing me shirtless is when he knew he was definitely gay and 2)described the taste of cum while he was drunk, when no one asked.

Had to cut ties.

He probably thought to himself that you would think "IloveTHIS", when he said those things.

Pro-Tip: If it seems likely, it probably is. Some 70%+ aren't open about their orientation to the closest of family and friends (unless they're bisexual), which is kind of tragic. It's also partially because we tend not make it the central aspect of our identity and don't identify with mainstream "gay culture".
yeah, I have a couple friends like that and if they are white they tend to identify with aspects of the alt right/troll culture/the manosphere rhetoric and tend to be the most outspoken against lgbt/sjw culture. The ones that aren't white have this weird sort of racism against whites while they appropriate aspects of the culture they like to give them status and generally target those of lower socioeconomic status as the target of their condescension but especially whites of lower socioeconomic standing.

But yeah it is because they pull that sort of crap, with me, that I started thinking they are bisexual, except for one that is kind of obvious. Girls pull similar sort of shit but it has a different feel that I feel much more intensely and lately have started to make the connection that it's because those guys are on some level closeted bisexuals.

The only ones that don't seem to have those hang ups, in my experience, are older full on gays that got 'manly' careers in a gay dominated industry.

I used to smoke weed with this gay dude in the courtyard of these apartments we lived at. Until he started saying shit like "you should come over, it won't be anything weird." That was the end of that.
Bwahahah. That made me crack up, haha.

So he's a former satanist turned white nationalist pagan with a masculinity fetish?
Pretty much, though I'm not sure about that WN part. A tribalist definitely. And to him, masculinity really appears to be a fetish in the actual sense of the word. I'm not overly concerned with that. To us both Conan of Cimmeria is somewhat of an exemplar man, and that is enough.

That sounds about right. This is anecdotal itself but it's the observation of a politically homeless independent and they're "my people", so to speak. The percentage of white dude bisexuals that lean if not full bore side with the right-wing on the political spectrum would appear fairly substantial and I know a fair few. They desperately want to be heterosexual, but have this little immutable characteristic and just simply aren't. "You like dudes (too), dude". And I think it kind of eats them up on the inside.
yeah, I think it does eat them up and they seem to deal with it with various substance abuse addictions so they have something that is acceptable to themself as an issue to relate it too. It annoys me because while they tend to be fairly functional addicts it kind of has the potential to wreck havoc on those around them in roundabout ways. Like rather than self sabotage they sabotage those around them.

I don't care for a second who anyone chooses to spend their lives with, I even have friends and family that are Catholics for fuck sake, now that's fucked up

Hmmm... 3 possibilites:

1 - They think you're a homophobe so they want to mess with you and make you uncomfortable. Sort of like a game, inside joke.
2 - You're giving them conflicting vibes.
3 - They think you're a closet case, basically a case of "the lady doth protest too much"

The best way to deal with all the above is to simply ignore them. Are they looking? Ignore it. Are they saying anything? Ignore it. Be professional, only speak to them when necessary (work related) and keep your distance.

Yeah, I know that they interprete anyone getting upset as a homophobe or fighting true feelings but they are just overstepping boundaries. The guy goes around grabbing dudes arms, not mine, and feeling it and shit like that. Staring dudes down hard for minutes. It's hard to ignore. Plenty of other guys I work with have smiled a few times and left me alone when I didn't return anything

When a dude is staring at me, the first thing that goes through my head is get ready to fight. The project some thing totally different. Fight or fuck is what staring a person down means. I don't understand having sex with other men so I think they want to fight

Last edited:
As far as the bigger picture outside of race and politics, I've posted these figures a couple times in WR conversations - fuck that place - which demonstrates what I already knew was true. The differences here between L/G's and B's are nothing short of drastic and 12% (!) is insane. A lot of posters on here very likely have among their "straight" friends and aren't even aware of it.

The survey finds that bisexuals differ from gay men and lesbians on a range of attitudes and experiences related to their sexual orientation.

For example, while 77% of gay men and 71% of lesbians say most or all of the important people in their lives know of their sexual orientation, just 28% of bisexuals say the same. Bisexual women are more likely to say this than bisexual men (33% vs. 12%).

Likewise, about half of gay men and lesbians say their sexual orientation is extremely or very important to their overall identity, compared with just two-in-ten bisexual men and women.

Fig1.png

Fig2.png

SDT-2013-06-LGBT-0-07.png

FT_15.02.19_LGBT-Americans_310px_1.png

SDT-2013-06-LGBT-3-12.png

SDT-2013-06-LGBT-0-17.png
Makes sense. I really think the race and politics stuff is just a type of compensation for them. Same with the addiction and the shitty behaviors that result from the addiction. I don't think they are like heavily bisexual or if they are I don't think any of them have explored it. They just every once in a while say things in a non joking way that is gay and they are like really wondering how I'll react. I just sort of ignore it. Like, if they took those surveys I'm not sure they would even put down bisexual because that part of them is so repressed.

I sometimes have to hang out with this over the top flamboyant gay dude. He's my girlfriend's friend's gay best friend. Any time we are doing anything he is just going around posing for pictures the entire time. He was around with us for St. Patty's day and he took probably 200+ pictures. He also wears crazy fucking outfits. His whole thing is funny for about an hour then I need to not be near him anymore.

The only gay dude I knew very well was from my college days living in a house with a bunch of roommates. He was very gay, but he didn't fit the stereotypes: no neatly folded, meticulously kept, up to date clothing fashion, nor shoes. No lisp, no flitty walk.
And no hygiene, the dude stunk to hell and back, and always walked around without a shirt so you could really enjoy his armpit stench.

And unlike nearly every gay man I've met since, he was an absolute dick, irredeemably obnoxious.

Years later I heard he got killed in California after getting really angry at a driver while using a crosswalk, challenged him, and the guy ran him over.

*world's tiniest, smelliest violin*

Back