Being friends with gay guys

We have 1 gay mate that we caught out, he went nuts/drugs for awhile moved to another city, had a kid and eventualy moved back home. Its never spoken about between the group of mates as hes a not your normal poof and doesnt show any feminine traits, but we all know.

As long as their core identity isn't "I'm gay!" they can be rather good folks. That said I don't have any sodomite friends.

I can easily imagine being friends with Milo Yiannopoulos despite the latter suffering from homosexuality.

Why not, they’re just normal people.

I had a lesbian friend I used to do martial arts with. She was cool. Didn't really have any gay male friends, not that there's anything wrong with that.

Milo, really? Was thinking you'd be more Jack Donovan.
Jack might be more similar in style as I am, and yes, I would probably have a blast with him too, but he is not a Christian, which is rather important to me. For a former Satanist Jack is a great guy and I'm quite fond of a couple of his books.

I was friends with a gay guy but, after dealing with some of the gay and bisexual guys I work with, it was hard for me to go see him last time when I was home even though the guy never came on to me.

Seriously, half of the gay guys out there are 10x creepier than the creepiest straight dude stalker. I have worked with a couple of these guys that are constantly staring at me at work and , even though I mean mug them, ask them "what the fuck are they looking at" and I ask them "what the fuck is wrong with you", they still stare and think they might have a shot. This has been going on for years. I guess it turns them on or something
Hmmm... 3 possibilites:

1 - They think you're a homophobe so they want to mess with you and make you uncomfortable. Sort of like a game, inside joke.
2 - You're giving them conflicting vibes.
3 - They think you're a closet case, basically a case of "the lady doth protest too much"

The best way to deal with all the above is to simply ignore them. Are they looking? Ignore it. Are they saying anything? Ignore it. Be professional, only speak to them when necessary (work related) and keep your distance.

Jack might be more similar in style as I am, and yes, I would probably have a blast with him too, but he is not a Christian, which is rather important to me. For a former Satanist Jack is a great guy and I'm quite fond of a couple of his books.
Former satanist?

I was friends with a gay guy but, after dealing with some of the gay and bisexual guys I work with, it was hard for me to go see him last time when I was home even though the guy never came on to me.

Seriously, half of the gay guys out there are 10x creepier than the creepiest straight dude stalker. I have worked with a couple of these guys that are constantly staring at me at work and , even though I mean mug them, ask them "what the fuck are they looking at" and I ask them "what the fuck is wrong with you", they still stare and think they might have a shot. This has been going on for years. I guess it turns them on or something

If you really want to get these guys back, have sex with one of them and then immediately tell him that you identify as a woman.

You'll confuse the hell out of him and he'll be absolutely disgusted that he just had straight sex.

I have 1.

Generally I won't make friends with gay men, because unfortunately I suffer from a phobia of homosexual men.

However, one of my close friends is gay.
I was already good friends with him for several years before he came out as gay.
I couldn't tell because he acts like a normal bloke.
We remain good friends but whenever he talks about the gay stuff he does I get very uncomfortable.

They sense you've got some sugar in the tank and they're biding their time.

Is he some kind of "suspected" closet gay dude or what? I continually see posters make these kind of references about him.
He's so far in the closet he suckin dick in Narnia

Is he some kind of "suspected" closet gay dude or what? I continually see posters make these kind of references about him.

He makes a lot of threads about the male physique. To me he just comes off as a gymbro he just forgets to end his posts with no homo

I have two good lesbian friends. I have gay acquaintances...but i wouldn't put them on friend level. We chat, and see each other around every now and then, but we aren't regular hangout buddies. I have no problem with having a gay friend though.
Gay dudes have usually been fun to hang out with at a bar, or when drinks start flowing, because the dudes i've hung out with just DGAF, and were pretty funny.
BUT, i've also had gay dudes that get REALLY touchy once drinks start flowing.
I'm pretty secure, and don't mind a little gay shit as long as we're joking, but i've had a few times where i thought it was too much.

Had a buddy who i didnt find out was bisexual until we stopped being friends and he moved away. But once i found out all the pieces clicked:
Always telling his guy friends they looked good
Dressed very metrosexual, tight jeans, v-necks, jewelry and such.
Absolutley hated the word "Fa***t"
Was ok with his gf cheating on him

I don't have any gay friends, but when
I was best friends with a gay dude. He wasnt out when we became friends. Even had a long term girlfriend. When he finally came out I didnt care much and continued hanging out with him.

What changed is when he 1)said seeing me shirtless is when he knew he was definitely gay and 2)described the taste of cum while he was drunk, when no one asked.

Had to cut ties.
IloveTHIS.
so honest.

I used to be friends with a gay Austrian guy at the gym I used to go to.

Nice guy, talked a lot.

Only issue I had with him was when he took his Y fronts off whilst we were in the locker room as we talked. I nonchalantly stood up and maintained eye contact as I wondered what that purple smudge below my peripheral vision was...

I lost contact with him after I moved...

Back