Beijing overtakes New York as new 'billionaire capital'

I wouldn't live in Beijing for a billion dollars

What good is money when you can't breath
money can buy a lot of things...

large.gif

If you're a billionaire then why the fuck would you want live in Beijing?

If you're a billionaire then why the fuck would you want live in Beijing?

Why would you want to live with annoying white people instead? White people are irritating on both sides of the spectrum. Look at the Left. Did you see the Oscars? Look at the right with their GOP candidates. Makes me want to stop paying attention to the English speaking world. Say what you will about the Chinese but at least they are not full of shit.

Why would you want to live with annoying white people instead? White people are irritating on both sides of the spectrum. Look at the Left. Did you see the Oscars? Look at the right with their GOP candidates. Makes me want to stop paying attention to the English speaking world. Say what you will about the Chinese but at least they are not full of shit.

ahahhaah no

I love the ignorance ITT. "well per capita ...", "well, wealth inequality" ...

Let me give you a non-theoretical perspective. I just got off the phone with our guy in Beijing and he is bringing investors to buy our US assets. That is what their money is being used for.

Anecdote #2: My ex-business partner is from Shanghai. Last summer he met with a friend from school at one of the largest developments in NYC. Turns out his friend is owner (through their holding company) of the entire development.

Keep telling yourself what makes you feel good, while I will stick to facing reality as it is and as it is likely to be in the near future.

Well, in all fairness, both points are valid. China does suffer from severe income inequality, particularly amongst urban and rural communities. Conversely (and to your point), China has the world's economy in a vice grip, and have made significant inroads with respect to purchasing North American and European assets (China just gave Petrobras in Brazil 10billion to finance short term debt obligations in exchange for cheap oil. Sinopec is involved in a number of joint ventures in American and Canadian oil plays).

With all of that being said, China's economy is built on a house of cards. The volatility of their capital markets threaten to send the global economy into a tailspin. Their central bank is also losing their ability to smooth economic hiccups - increasingly, they have resorted to devaluing their currency to drive exports. Spending billions of dollars developing industry and skeleton cities has not driven the self sustaining economies they have hoped for.

The fact that most Chinese park their money overseas is illustrative of the lack of faith their own people have in the Chinese economy. Capital flight is a huge issue in China.

In any event, we need each other. Like it or not, America is no longer the judge and jury in the global marketplace. We will have to learn to play nice and coordinate efforts with China, India and other rapidly developing countries moving forward.

ahahhaah no

Chinese are manipulative and are not exactly the most trust worthy culture in the world. however culture is very pragmatic. You have to do business with them very differently than you would with a Westerner. I treat Chinese very different in a business setting than I would a man from Texas. I can understand why a wealthy Chinese person would look at America today and say "fuck that".

You will probably counter my point by bringing up some silly war shit like that their jets are fake. But I feel to have a respected view on a culture you should have at least visited their homeland.

I thought Moscow already had more billionaires than New York?

And this is more of a source of embarrassment for the Chinese more than anything else. Communist rhetoric and more billionaires than the capital of capitalism. Lol selfpwnt

Chinese are manipulative and are not exactly the most trust worthy culture in the world. however culture is very pragmatic. You have to do business with them very differently than you would with a Westerner. I treat Chinese very different in a business setting than I would a man from Texas. I can understand why a wealthy Chinese person would look at America today and say "fuck that".

You will probably counter my point by bringing up some silly war shit like that their jets are fake. But I feel to have a respected view on a culture you should have at least visited their homeland.

^ god you are a massive child. You're the first and always the first to ride the china dick. So i have little no care to argue with you, tell me where the big bad america doll touched you?

Back