Beijing Is Looking At A Biodome Structure To Protect The Elite From Pollution?

Huh? 250,000 premature deaths isn't noteworthy? Really?

In a nation of over 1 billion people, any number less than 10 million is less than 1 percent of the population. A number less than 1 million is less than 1/10 of 1%.

So, in relative terms...no, not noteworthy.

In a nation of over 1 billion people, any number less than 10 million is less than 1 percent of the population. A number less than 1 million is less than 1/10 of 1%.

So, in relative terms...no, not noteworthy.

China has a serious problem with fossil fuel use and pollution. Few could intelligently argue otherwise.

It may be that the number of direct deaths currently caused by said pollution is not statistically significant, but at current pace, it is all but inevitable.

It probably makes sense to curb it now as opposed to later.

China has a serious problem with fossil fuel use and pollution. Few could intelligently argue otherwise.

It may be that the number of direct deaths currently caused by said pollution is not statistically significant, but at current pace, it is all but inevitable.

It probably makes sense to curb it now as opposed to later.

No one's saying their overall fossil fuel use and pollution isn't a problem that needs to be addressed. It is and it does.

But pointing to some minimal number of deaths as motivation doesn't really make sense when the numbers are insignificant against the general population. We have perfectly safe modern medication where the side effects that are more likely to occur than that. Hell, you're more likely to get a girl pregnant while wearing a condom than to have that premature death occur and no one screams about in the inefficacy of condoms, lol.

No one's saying their overall fossil fuel use and pollution isn't a problem that needs to be addressed. It is and it does.

But pointing to some minimal number of deaths as motivation doesn't really make sense when the numbers are insignificant against the general population. We have perfectly safe modern medication where the side effects that are more likely to occur than that. Hell, you're more likely to get a girl pregnant while wearing a condom than to have that premature death occur and no one screams about in the inefficacy of condoms, lol.

LOL. Touche, Pan. Touche

STOP BUYING THINGS FROM CHINA, please. It truly is the race to the bottom, and it is sad that capitalism has allowed it to happen.

bubbles-2.jpg

bubbles-1-500x323.jpg

Well a London design firm has been hired to work on designing a giant dome to protect the elite from the rapidly increasing pollution problem in China. You would not want the elite to want to move so you look into ways to keep them around. Good idea you would not want to help the regular people who have to deal with this problem everyday. They est. 800,000 square kilometers of

LOL. I like how in the first pic the sky is all grey and smoggy and as soon as you get inside the dome it's all clear blue sunny skies.

I like how they don't show you where the gun turrets will be...or how deep the moat is.

I never understand why people want to live in these mega cities. The pollution is usually terrible. I even find New York unbearable last time I visited it, and Beijing is about 5 times worse.
This. I can’t wait to retire in the countryside. Cities are nice to visit for a few days, but i’ll take wide open spaces any day.

This. I can’t wait to retire in the countryside. Cities are nice to visit for a few days, but i’ll take wide open spaces any day.
My ex-fiance was all about living in - like downtown - a big city. She's from NYC and I absolutely despised everything about it. The tight spaces for dwelling, parking, noise, pollution, prices, taxes, traffic, etc. It is fun if you like to eat out, be involved in local festivities, use public transport and walk everywhere, but you can't get away from anything.

I guess China didn't get the memo.

Country is polluted.

Solutions
A. Clean up pollution
B. Build bio-domes

Seems they are bad at multiple choice tests.

C. Blame pollution on another country

chinese%20propaganda%20poster.png

<{cum@me}><{cum@me}><{cum@me}>

Former colleague of mine have kids at an international school in Beijing.

They have tunnels built on campus so kids don't have to walk outside when going to different classes, to PE, etc. Their PE classes are in a dome.

Back