Beijing Is Looking At A Biodome Structure To Protect The Elite From Pollution?

If everyone dramatically reduces their consumption habits the pollution would reduce in a matter of months.

We live in a throw-away society. For people to conserve, we might need to go back to making quality household products that last but then that would affect the economy.

Even then, with the rapid advancement in computer and electronic technology, there is still going to be a lot of eletronic garbage and pollution resulting from its manufacture.

We live in a throw-away society. For people to conserve, we might need to go back to making quality household products that last but then that would affect the economy.

Even then, with the rapid advancement in computer and electronic technology, there is still going to be a lot of eletronic garbage and pollution resulting from its manufacture.

I agree we do live in a throw-away society. Still, everyone cna do their bit.

For example;
I've had the same computer for 7 years
I walk to work(30 minutes walk)
We grow our own were we can
Vegan household
only have 1 TV
Dont own a tumble dryer, never will.

if everyone took a similar stance things would be much better, but humans are greedy, lazy and ignorant to their surroundings.

I agree we do live in a throw-away society. Still, everyone cna do their bit.

For example;
I've had the same computer for 7 years
I walk to work(30 minutes walk)
We grow our own were we can
Vegan household
only have 1 TV
Dont own a tumble dryer, never will.

if everyone took a similar stance things would be much better, but humans are greedy, lazy and ignorant to their surroundings.

China and India make up about half the earth's population? a third? How are you going to convince them to do "their bit" when they would rather plan bio-domes than clean up the pollution?

China has an emerging economy based on industrial production and massive hungry populations. They are not going to derail their economy and will actually continue to demand MORE resources. China hasn't even got moving good yet IMO. Wait and see how much petroleum alone they demand in the next 10-15 years.

My only point being its going to take a helluva lot more than owning the same computer for 7 years to fix that.

China and India make up about half the earth's population? a third? How are you going to convince them to do "their bit" when they would rather plan bio-domes than clean up the pollution?

China has an emerging economy based on industrial production and massive hungry populations. They are not going to derail their economy and will actually continue to demand MORE resources. China hasn't even got moving good yet IMO. Wait and see how much petroleum alone they demand in the next 10-15 years.

My only point being its going to take a helluva lot more than owning the same computer for 7 years to fix that.

I know people won't change, thats why my ending statement was a dig at the general population :)

I know people won't change, thats why my ending statement was a dig at the general population :)

I read something a couple years ago, can't remember where but the scary thing was the number of automobiles that would be required if China ever truly got up and running on a massive scale. The cost and resources to make all the cars is enormous. Just the tires alone, which have to be periodically replaced, take something like 7 gallons of petroleum each.

A civilization that was rather advanced for thousands of years, reduced to this. They should really get their shut under control. Their pollution is damaging the entire region.

A civilization that was rather advanced for thousands of years, reduced to this. They should really get their shut under control. Their pollution is damaging the entire region.

The Japanese are taking aim at this problem reporting it as their problem also do to the rapid growth in China.

bc759867544e49a619aff1ff25b4ffe7.jpg

There are some amazing photos of the damage happening to Japan due to pollution from China. As bad Japan is it seems far worst in China. China excepts it's a problem and seems to be aggressively trying to fix the problem. The problem is this biodome concept is going to get negative press because of the idea.

http://the-japan-news.com/news/article/0001098778

I hope that build it, the image of that thing crashing down in flames after the popular uprising will be iconic and memorable, a truly defining image of the 21st century.

If that thing for up, exactly how long does it take for the siege to start?

I hope that build it, the image of that thing crashing down in flames after the popular uprising will be iconic and memorable, a truly defining image of the 21st century.

If that thing for up, exactly how long does it take for the siege to start?

LOL very true could be amazing. Of course if they build it the thing will be covered with plain clothed military personal. :)

I read something a couple years ago, can't remember where but the scary thing was the number of automobiles that would be required if China ever truly got up and running on a massive scale. The cost and resources to make all the cars is enormous. Just the tires alone, which have to be periodically replaced, take something like 7 gallons of petroleum each.

The thought of the Chinese population consuming at the same level as the US fightens the life out of me.

WW3 will be essential at some point :p

If everyone dramatically reduces their consumption habits the pollution would reduce in a matter of months.

Completely unrealistic. A change in policies is what is needed

"We must sacrifice parts of the environment to ensure our success.."

- A former Chinese President.

I disagree. They can't ignore this for much longer, the air is seriously hazardous to their health..

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2013/dec/12/china-coal-emissions-smog-deaths

Nothing surprises me anymore. Greed seems to be the main focus for corporations and big business.

The fact that they've let it go on this long tells me alot about human value to a Governement.

I think change starts with the people, but people don't want to accept personal responsibilities.

Nothing surprises me anymore. Greed seems to be the main focus for corporations and big business.

The fact that they've let it go on this long tells me alot about human value to a Governement.

I think change starts with the people, but people don't want to accept personal responsibilities.

Well I agree with you here.

Back