BEHOLD! The future of Taco Bell!!

I’ve never had my stomach fucked up or had to shit after eating Taco Bell. I don’t get why everybody always says that.

y’all need to toughen them sissy organs up

Wow so innovative, so technology, so new, so cool, and yet the stupid fucks don't offer pico de Gallo, can't make bean burritos fresco style, need I go on?! You get the picture.

Looks like Taco Bell is getting into the banking business. At least it looks like the bank I use.

I have seen it mentioned that Biden and big banks are looking to regulate away the medium to small sized banks, so maybe Taco Bell plans to take advantage of the possibly coming empty former bank buildings.

Everyone will fill the vaults
with shit.

This just looks like they took over a building that used to be a bank?

Dropping this much coin into fast food joints. The future looks very lizzo.

Do they also have a hot sauce poop shoot in case you wanted more?

Who's going to develop the software that does the engineering?

They have been trying and failing at this for 20+ years. It looks like a pipe dream to me for anything other than the most basic solutions (I work in IT).

The problem is that custom software solutions are.. Custom.. A lot of back and forth and consultation goes on before building and accepting something that works and covers all the weird scenarios that come up.

Automating a fast food cook would be childs play by comparison.

Last edited:
All that technology and the dirtbags cant put it together enough that i dont eat all my allotted sour cream in the first bite

(Que 2001 Space Odyssey Theme)

Taco Bell Defy

Exterior_Evening__Taco_Bell_Defy_1_1080x1080_1_crop.0.jpg

https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.cnn.com%2Fcnnnext%2Fdam%2Fassets%2F220607110910-01-taco-bell-defy-four-lane-drive-thru.jpg

Food is prepared on upper level, each lane has a elevator style delivery system:

Vertical_Lift__Taco_Bell_Defy_5_1080x1080_1.jpg

Four lanes, three for app/online orders and one for traditional drive-thru.

Goal is to average 2 minutes or less per customer.

Seriously though, this looks like it was designed with the possibility of automating the labor in mind.

It is like someone got the idea from of how bank drive throughs work.

Every fast food restaurant from here on out is going to be designed to allow for automation in their layout.

Automation at this level is the fantasy.
Most of what can be economically automated has already been automated in this context. The cashier and voice in the drive through line are all that can really be automated. The cooks are exactly what won't be automated. Even at $22 an hour they are already cheap and flexible robots.
Automation in the next 10-15 years is coming for knowledge workers and all the people playing with their dog pretending to be more productive working from home. I expect to see in my lifetime "software engineer" change to mean software that does engineering. Automating the drive through at Taco Bell is peanuts.

Except that there are already fast food robots.

Automation is not coming for knowledge workers because it is extremely difficult to automate expertise and the ability to interpret new and unformatted information. Software can be a force multiplier but it isn't going to be trusted to make judgements and decisions on anything that isn't simple. Experts are paid to not screw up important things, not grind through simple and trivial tasks.

Except that there are already fast food robots.

Automation is not coming for knowledge workers because it is extremely difficult to automate expertise and the ability to interpret new and unformatted information. Software can be a force multiplier but it isn't going to be trusted to make judgements and decisions on anything that isn't simple. Experts are paid to not screw up important things, not grind through simple and trivial tasks.

This gonna give the minimum wage protestors nightmares

Bad enough I gotta press touchscreen yes for printed receipt, now gotta catch cooties via touching that turntable.

Since they brought back Mexican Pizza, I only had it maybe once and every other time, everywhere, sold out.

The way all these cows around me eat that elevator would have to make a couple trips

Wild Cherry slushie was not f'ing bad at all. Large was not big enough. Just a tall and skinny cup.

I've never been to a Taco Bell, judging from the comments I'm not missing much.

(Que 2001 Space Odyssey Theme)

Taco Bell Defy

Exterior_Evening__Taco_Bell_Defy_1_1080x1080_1_crop.0.jpg

https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.cnn.com%2Fcnnnext%2Fdam%2Fassets%2F220607110910-01-taco-bell-defy-four-lane-drive-thru.jpg

Food is prepared on upper level, each lane has a elevator style delivery system:

Vertical_Lift__Taco_Bell_Defy_5_1080x1080_1.jpg

Four lanes, three for app/online orders and one for traditional drive-thru.

Goal is to average 2 minutes or less per customer.

Seriously though, this looks like it was designed with the possibility of automating the labor in mind.
This seems like another step toward Idiocracy.

Back