Before I watched the UFC...meaning when I started watching "fights".

Tasar

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
So - we all know that we know a little bit about fighting. Not actually "fighting" but watching fighting I mean. We know why some dude doesn't shoot for a takedown or doesn't throw that many punches. Or at least we have a good guess - he might pay a price if he throws that body shot. Or he would be too open for a counter if he goes for the uppercut. Or he gets taken down if he throws a kick. Or he gets choked out if he gives up his back. And so on.

Now - I remember when I first watched fights. It was sometime in the 90s and I was maybe 15 years old and I remember I watched a boxing fight (probably on eurosport) and some dude was just knocked down and he was actually counted out because he could not get up before the count of 10. And what did I do? I asked my mum (who was watching with me-probably while doing some ironing) the following question: "why doesn't he get up faster?".

As if to say "he only has to get up faster and he can go on fighting". Was too green to understand that his equilibrium was knocked off and he was actually struggling inside to get up faster but he just C-O-U-L-D N-O-T.
Funny to think that those thousands of fights I have watched since then have both changed my perspective and educated me.

Dude be real with a sherbro right now.

R u high?

What the fuck did i just read? Actually let me get ur guy's number because u got to be toasted.

latest

TS I read your post twice and I still dont get what your point is. Its kinda like picking up a book and reading it from the half way point.

Back