Beer vs cocktails

Cocktails are, in most part, the Marvel Cinematic Universe of the alcohol world.

Take that how you will.

when people are ask the question about their favourite drink and answer Beer, my response will always be

<DontBelieve1>

My answer is beer in certain situations:

If I am eating hot spicy food like curry or vindaloo or greasy food like burgers and ribs.

When I go out cycling or hiking in the summer, that first sip of cold beer after, I don't know what it is, just taste amazing.

Of course, I do prefer beer with a bit more body than the run of the mill lagers such as wheat beers and ipa.

Usually beer but I do like a good cocktail depending on where I am.

I've been rocking the Moscow Mules lately.

At restaurants or bars its beer for me. I am not paying $10 for three sips of a drink.

When I start drinking I dont want to stop. So having a beer on sunday at 10am is a lot better of an idea than having a screwdriver. Id be fucking lit if I drank liquor the way I do beer. I only drink light beer though cause I was getting fat off modelos. I like the taste of Coors light honestly and its only 10 bucks for an 18 pack by my house.

Cocktails are fun to make and drink, but really overpriced at most places. Usually if I’m “going out” to dinner I will get a cocktail. If I’m just going to a bar or whatever I will drink beer.
It’s the opposite in this area.

A decent beer is 7 bucks at least. Long islands would go for 9 or 10. Taste better and more booze. Different probably in other areas though

Beer for meals or if I'm just being social at a gathering where my goal is to not get drunk.

Cocktails for when I want to drink.

Cottage, Patio, Ballgame, BBQ - Beer.

Nightclub or Lounge - Cocktail

Dinner party, Special event, Conference mixer - Cocktail or wine

Depends on the mood, the cocktail, even the venue. I wouldn't order a beer at a cocktail bar, or a cocktail at beer hall.

Most bartenders can't make a drink worth a shit anyway, its a lot of vodka + sugarwater shit. However, when you go to a good cocktail bar and get something really special, or even a perfectly balanced classic that's a good night.

why not both? a beer cocktail

i fucking love michalatas and ive been having some passionfruit beers in vietnam the past week

Wine gives me the best buzz. I love beer, but I hate getting fat.

Cocktails are only consumed by liberals. @HI SCOTT NEWMAN

Yup agreed, cocktails are for softies. The real drink for a strong man is Pepsi Cherry.

3e9c23e5ab79023948532185bcf996d5.jpg

Cocktails. I like beer; but basically the carbonation makes me feel like I’m exploding, I piss for a million years, and barely get any buzz at all. So I prefer cocktails, but actual ones you know? Like, a 7 and 7 isn’t a cocktail, it’s a mixed drink. A Manhattan is a cocktail.

Back