Beautiful Fight

I wanted a R3 to see if Lee had any legs left.

But agreed, Lee looked really good.

Beating the lesser Shev sister is not impressive at all….she is totally useless on the ground

A lot of WMMA is poor technique which we know. For people who know basic BJJ how annoying was it to watch Lee "trial and error" her way to a submission. She seemed perplexed on how Shevchenko was surviving the triangle choke which is one of the first subs you learn in BJJ. It reminded me of someone pulling back on an arm in guillotine choke. She kept turning the wrong corner then resorted to locking her arm across the free arm which is the opposite direction she should have been going. After 2 minutes of trying to figure out a way to finish she goes for the sit back arm bar triangle which was there the entire time.

I don't train striking much so I'm sure people who do get annoyed every WMMA fight but the fact that some of these women who have been training 8+ years still don't know basic BJJ fundamentals is annoying. She not once tried to pull down on the head which any person who even watched MMA for a few years would notice a lot of triangles finish shortly after pulling on the head.

Swerve women mate I'm from the UK and women think there footballers should be payed as much as men ?
What I'd anyone thinks female athletes deserve the same pay pm me ill debate it with you

Lol 4 minute triangle choke...that didn't work.
It’s not that hard to finish a triangle if you use them often, Joe and DC were right, she should’ve been pulling on the head when her legs were fresh, she had some good angles if she would’ve finished the technique better, it could’ve been over right away.

It’s not that hard to finish a triangle if you use them often, Joe and DC were right, she should’ve been pulling on the head when her legs were fresh, she had some good angles if she would’ve finished the technique better, it could’ve been over right away.
It's amazing how she knew how to lock her legs correctly yet had no clue to pull the head down to tighten it. She literally locked her arms across the side she should have been on. Her corner at least should have been screaming to pull down on the head which I didn't hear but even the arm bar was there from the beginning but she only realized she could do that after transitioning in making the choke looser when trying to finish

There must have been a mix up in the delivery room.

It's amazing how she knew how to lock her legs correctly yet had no clue to pull the head down to tighten it. She literally locked her arms across the side she should have been on. Her corner at least should have been screaming to pull down on the head which I didn't hear but even the arm bar was there from the beginning but she only realized she could do that after transitioning in making the choke looser when trying to finish
It’s harder to hear with the crowd now but I swear I heard someone screaming “pull the head!”, some fighters can hear their coaches and some get caught up in the fight and can’t hear them sometimes.

When we stop seeing head and arm throws in WMMA then we will know it has improved.

edit- this wasnt the original thread I posted this in. <TheWire1>
They merged my post quickly. Sherdog is quick lately to merge shit that is the same fighters but unrelated thoughts. That being said I never thought about that. You never see over under arm triangle throws in the men division but it seems every women's fight has one. The have no sense of their weight apparently.

It is kind of funny how wide the talent gap is between Valentina, and Antonina.

It’s harder to hear with the crowd now but I swear I heard someone screaming “pull the head!”, some fighters can hear their coaches and some get caught up in the fight and can’t hear them sometimes.
Either way I have no clue how you know how to get into that position but not know to pull the head. I realize not knowing to angle off (which is still white belt mechanics) but the literally teach that in the finish. It's like getting an armbar and not knowing to arch your back and yank.

Back