Beautiful counters by Santos

Econo-Santos is born!

I was impressed how he was chewing up Jan’s lead leg with calf kicks and teeps/obliques.

Jan was supposed to be a nightmare match up for him. Good wrestling, technical striking.

Wouldn't it be nuts if somehow 6 months from now we had Santos vs. Smith rematch for the LHW title
there's no way jones wouldn't have an immediate rematch, unfortunately. what could happen is him getting caught in an out of the octagon mess, like in the past

Impressive that he did that to Jan, although I'm not sure why he charged in like that

Santos is legit. If Reyes beats Volkan in 2 weeks, Santos vs Reyes would be a great #1 contender fight
So who gets the next crack at Jon, assuming he beats A Smith? Jon fights in a week, so you would assume that he would be ready for his next fight around the same time that Santos would fight again. Not saying Jon should fight Santos, but wondering who his next fight will be against after A Smith, assuming he keeps the belt (high % of that).

Is Santos a late bloomer headed for great things, or is he just thriving on good matchups?
I think he’s better at lhw for sure. Late knock out is definitely impressive. He’s improving but I don’t think the ceiling is very high here for great strides in growth.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back