Beautiful counters by Santos

Arm Barbarian

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Right hand left hook combo while backing up.

Just flat-lined Jan in his tracks.

That's some serious power.

Is Santos a late bloomer headed for great things, or is he just thriving on good matchups?

I like how Thiago was actually somewhat reserved here, as opposed to just spamming attacks like a Tekken character.

He’s such a fun fighter to watch. I’m happy to see him succeeding.

Guy literally left the floor with a punch. Scary power

Is Santos a late bloomer headed for great things, or is he just thriving on good matchups?

Good question. Jan is pretty damn solid though. I don't think Santos can hang with Jones, but he's dangerous for most of the rest of 205lbs.

LHW is still shallow as fuck. MWs are moving up and steamrolling the competition.

Impressive that he did that to Jan, although I'm not sure why he charged in like that

Santos is legit. If Reyes beats Volkan in 2 weeks, Santos vs Reyes would be a great #1 contender fight

it shows he does not even need to be reckless.
he can relax, take his time and find the chin.

Amazing power.
Amazing win!

Hope he gets top 5 fighters now.

I like how he avoided that uppercut too.
Pretty nice sequence right there.

Conor Aldo esque with the Saenchai kick backfist at the end if the 2nd. He's improved for sure

Jan was supposed to be a nightmare match up for him. Good wrestling, technical striking.

Wouldn't it be nuts if somehow 6 months from now we had Santos vs. Smith rematch for the LHW title

that left hook was something

gif anyone?

I like how Thiago was actually somewhat reserved here, as opposed to just spamming attacks like a Tekken character.

He’s such a fun fighter to watch. I’m happy to see him succeeding.
Nah. Hes just in a wasteland. Guy he kod a couple fights back is challenging for a title with him right behind while either could barely crack top ten in middleweight.

Impressive that he did that to Jan, although I'm not sure why he charged in like that

Santos is legit. If Reyes beats Volkan in 2 weeks, Santos vs Reyes would be a great #1 contender fight

Holy shit, that would be pure

giphy.gif

Good question. Jan is pretty damn solid though. I don't think Santos can hang with Jones, but he's dangerous for most of the rest of 205lbs.
I'd give him about 25% chance against Jones with some nasty strikes. Jones doesn't want any of that and takes it to the ground for the top finish or choke, but there's a measurable chance he gets clipped or caught in a reversal/scramble if Santos can handle the spotlight.

He has some horrible technique, but he definitely has the power you can't play with.

It was the accuracy that impressed me. He nailed him right on the chin, and that's what put him down.

All around a good showing from him. Kept patient and didn't get frustrated.

There were dozens of shots Santos throughout the fight that had crazy heat on them. He is a dangerous customer, esp. if he continues to evolve and improves his set ups.

I think he's ready for a title fight. He might have a chance against jones.

Back