Opinion Beau of the Fifth Column: YouTuber, Social Commentator, a Voice for Good

It's true that not all children of cousins become republicans. Exceptions do exist.

I really feel for decent and intelligent people who live in rural communities. There were rural counties in which Trump won more than 90% of the vote in 2016. Can you imagine how suffocating it would be to be surrounded by that level and density of ignorance?

Decent gun buying advice- find one that suits you go to the range and try before you buy

Btw I despise the liberals itt “yeah he’s a country hick but he’s a SMART country hick so I like him”

Fetishizing what they deem to be smartness, and those unworthy are dismissed to the curb

“for a working person he’s not actually dumb”

fuck off elitist cunts

LOL. He's a bit of a slow talker. I have no idea how you guys listen to stuff at 1.x speed. It's so jarring.

Sounds normal to me, but then again I am from rural, Southern Georgia. ;)

Sounds normal to me, but then again I am from rural, Southern Georgia. ;)

I'd say that my normal speaking speed is him at between 1.5 and 1.75, but he still has long pauses at 1.75. When I was younger, I would involuntarily move my fingers in a circular motion when listening to some people. I've worked on just kind of silently meditating when I'm talking to a slow talker, though.

This guy isn't obscure (240k subs, 36M views), but he's only just come to my attention with some of his Coronavirus commentary, so I checked out more of his videos.

I would describe him as a down to earth dude who is sort of in the left, libertarian, anarchist wheelhouse. Very empathetic and a strong thinker for a layman. I believe he's a serious military veteran and independent journalist.

I would recommend him to anyone, but particularly to people who see themselves as independent.

https://www.youtube.com/user/unvoicedproject/featured

I have to ask, is this you in the video?

Whenever a Sherdogger shows everyone a new YouTube channel, their's always a 15% chance that it's their channel and this is just a clever Gorilla marketing strategy.

It's unlikely, but you always gotta ask.

Btw I despise the liberals itt “yeah he’s a country hick but he’s a SMART country hick so I like him”

Fetishizing what they deem to be smartness, and those unworthy are dismissed to the curb

fuck off elitist cunts
Blah blah liberals, blah blah elitists

I really feel for decent and intelligent people who live in rural communities. There were rural counties in which Trump won more than 90% of the vote in 2016. Can you imagine how suffocating it would be to be surrounded by that level and density of ignorance?

It's actually quite nice. There are a million things to do or talk about and spend your time thinking about other than politics. I grew up in the country and still go back and visit quite frequently and, despite a vast majority of them being Conservative voters, we basically don't talk politics and get along great. If we do it's "agree to disagree" and that's that. I find it only escalates into ugliness if I make it get that way.

You know what's really shocking? At some point I found out that political disagreement isn't necessarily tied to density and ignorance. That blew my mind!

You know what's really shocking? At some point I found out that political disagreement isn't necessarily tied to density and ignorance. That blew my mind!

Rather it's arrogance and insecurity.

Rather it's arrogance and insecurity.

I kind of get that vibe from a few here. "Well, he's not educated like I am, but for a simpleton he is a fascinating specimen!" followed by a slew of labels so we can figure out what boxes we can cram them into for our approval or disapproval.

Listen to the old dudes living on farms, or the people who don't plug into a news feed the first thing they do every morning. It's surprising how much they have figured out and, if you can get your own big head out of the way, you might become aware of it. Not to say they're right on everything, but damn could a lot of people learn from stopping the judging as if it were a reflex action.

fuck off elitist cunts

Good lord, get off it. You had to bend over backward to try and force this working person dialectic (which wasn't actually presented that way by any one of the liberals in this thread).

Yes, "country hicks" are overwhelmingly more likely to be Trump supporter turds. No, we shouldn't marginalize reality and decency - and we certainly shouldn't pretend to be blind to exceptional people among the group - to feign solidarity with the majority. Rural conservatives chose (and re-chose and re-chose) to align with an incompetent, dishonest, and hateful brute and dismiss any semblance of rational analysis of government. When someone from that political group demonstrates a willingness to engage in rational thinking, they should be praised. Frankly, I suspect you haven't spent much time with rural people if you think it's wrong to praise this guy.

It's actually quite nice. There are a million things to do or talk about and spend your time thinking about other than politics. I grew up in the country and still go back and visit quite frequently and, despite a vast majority of them being Conservative voters, we basically don't talk politics and get along great. If we do it's "agree to disagree" and that's that. I find it only escalates into ugliness if I make it get that way.

You don't seem to understand what "density" meant in the context of that post.

And, yes, all of us can make nice with bad political actors. I'm sure I could attend an alt-right conference and engage in cordial small-talk about things like the upcoming NFL Draft and how cute sea lions are.

You don't seem to understand what "density" meant in the context of that post.

And, yes, all of us can make nice with bad political actors. I'm sure I could attend an alt-right conference and engage in cordial small-talk about things like the upcoming NFL Draft and how cute sea lions are.

Seeing as you immediately rush to draw some sort of comparison between going to "rural communities" and not treating them like ignorant hacks with going to an alt-right conference, and "there are a million things to do or talk about" with frivolous small talk, why do I get the feeling that bitter political discussions just happen to pop up everywhere you go? But, of course, it must be all the idiots out there. Must be rough.

You lunatics literally justified your views of this guy on the basis that he’s actually smart for a rural hick

Get fucked Trotsky liberal cock sucker

There's the wit.

And who exactly said that....or anything remotely resemlbing that?

@Fawlty said he is "very empathetic and a strong thinker for a layman." He is. He's clearly more empathetic and a stronger thinker than the average person, as the average person, if you have literally any experience with the median American's political takes, is pretty selfish and intellectually lazy.

It takes enormous hysteria to convert that to "he's actually smart for a rural hick." And I don't see any other posts even mentioning that topic.

fuck off elitist cunts
So other people aren't pure enough to like him? Could you be any more miserable?

I have to ask, is this you in the video?

Whenever a Sherdogger shows everyone a new YouTube channel, their's always a 15% chance that it's their channel and this is just a clever Gorilla marketing strategy.

It's unlikely, but you always gotta ask.
Have you been smoking marijuana? No, I'm not him, and I'm not anything remotely like a libertarian/anarchist/fifth column type. Geez, man.

A layman? At what? Thinking?
I think you're the only having difficulty understanding that. Or are you? Maybe you're trying to nitpick. I'll let you decide if you're going to accomplish this feat of intuition all by yourself.

Back