Opinion Beau of the Fifth Column: YouTuber, Social Commentator, a Voice for Good

Fawlty

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This guy isn't obscure (240k subs, 36M views), but he's only just come to my attention with some of his Coronavirus commentary, so I checked out more of his videos.

I would describe him as a down to earth dude who is sort of in the left, libertarian, anarchist wheelhouse. Very empathetic and a strong thinker for a layman. I believe he's a serious military veteran and independent journalist.

I would recommend him to anyone, but particularly to people who see themselves as independent.

https://www.youtube.com/user/unvoicedproject/featured

Literally just a channel plug here?

Literally just a channel plug here?
Yeah. Not something I've done before, but I think he's worthy of everyone being made aware of him. His latest video on the Corona topic:

A decent take discussing people digging in on arguments:

People say they are interested in a person who can discuss difficult topics without pillorying the opposing view. This guy takes great care to do that.

This guys videos have been posted here quite a few times. I can’t remember the person who posts it though. I’m certain it’s the same guy posting this dudes YouTube channel.

This guys videos have been posted here quite a few times. I can’t remember the person who posts it though. I’m certain it’s the same guy posting this dudes YouTube channel.
I think I remember a video from him being posted about why hospitals are empty. That got my attention, he discussed it rationally and came across as somebody who is good to hear disagree with you. We could probably all learn something from the guy (even though I'm still going to be an asshole).

I think I remember a video from him being posted about why hospitals are empty. That got my attention, he discussed it rationally and came across as somebody who is good to hear disagree with you. We could probably all learn something from the guy (even though I'm still going to be an asshole).

I haven’t watched him. Save me time. Is he a denier so I don’t waste my time watching him. Thanks in advance. I can’t listen to deniers right now. I live 15 minutes outside Manhattan.

I haven’t watched him. Save me time. Is he a denier so I don’t waste my time watching him. Thanks in advance. I can’t listen to deniers right now. I live 15 minutes outside Manhattan.
No, he's rational. Doesn't seem to be a denier of science at all, but somebody who embraces it and tries to convince others to do so. I think he's exactly the counterpoint to the Shapiros and Rogans and whatnots that is needed for new (and old bitter) critical thinkers to step up a level.

No, he's rational. Doesn't seem to be a denier of science at all, but somebody who embraces it and tries to convince others to do so. I think he's exactly the counterpoint to the Shapiros and Rogans and whatnots that is needed for new (and old bitter) critical thinkers to step up a level.

Yeah if he’s in favor of the scientists maybe I’ll give him a view. If he isn’t I won’t watch 1 second of him. We don’t need more deniers spreading their nonsense.

thanks I’ll give him a view.

@Strychnine is a big fan, I like some of the things I’ve seen from him

He's a lefty wearing a redneck costume, and he thinks that people are too dumb to see through his manipulative act.

@Strychnine is a big fan, I like some of the things I’ve seen from him

Thanks for the tag!

I'm glad that people here are starting to take an interest in his channel. I am indeed a big fan of his. He's got solid information and doesn't beat anyone over the head with his opposing viewpoints.

I hope that people on all sides of the political spectrum can at least check him out and form their own opinion.

People say they are interested in a person who can discuss difficult topics without pillorying the opposing view. This guy takes great care to do that.

It's not bad, but I gotta watch it at 1.75x.

I need to watch someone who confirms my world view - not challenges it. Need to see know what side of the isle he is on before I watch.

Back