Beating Nate isn't as simple as leg kicks

Let's not make Nate into some world beater, Connor got outclassed by a fighter with 10 losses

We are going to see what he's made of this time. His whole career is really riding on this rematch. His star power fully blooms again with a win.

Not as simple as leg kicks, as simple as head kicks.

tumblr_mzmz5zywvX1ry1rm7o1_400.gif
Thompson would do the same to Conrad.

Conor's striking got to where he is. Nate schools him on the ground.

Nate can also employ a strategy of pushing Conor against the cage the same way Nick bullied Baby Jay in the first round. There isn't anything the little man can do about it except get frustrated and tired.

Let's not make Nate into some world beater, Connor got outclassed by a fighter with 10 losses

this is true. nate is inconsistent, yet he still crushed the dwarf with no camp. this situation is like a gift that keeps on giving

Just because he has some solid judo throws and amazing bjj doesn't mean he has good take down defense.
Yeah, I'm bullshitting a little. But he's really only been taken down by great wrestlers, from what I remember.

Yeah, I'm bullshitting a little. But he's really only been taken down by great wrestlers, from what I remember.
Yeah pretty much, but at the end of the day I believe if Conor wanted to take Nate down he definitely could, but the question is should he? Hell fucking no. It would end very badly for him in my opinion if he decided to go that route.

I wouldn't go that far ... but listen, it's easy.
All McGregor wants to do is set up his punches.
They are obviously his best weapon. He uses his legs to keep people at distance, to come in with punches when he decides to. Side kicks to the leg type of stuff.
Wouldn't be so sure that his leg kicks/TDs are weak, just because we haven't seen a lot of 'em.

If he had a wicked roundhouse leg kick, he'd be using it, especially against Nate. In fact he did throw leg kicks against Nate, but they weren't wicked roundhouses, they were Conor leg kicks.

I wouldn't go that far ... but listen, it's easy.
All McGregor wants to do is set up his punches.
They are obviously his best weapon. He uses his legs to keep people at distance, to come in with punches when he decides to. Side kicks to the leg type of stuff.
Wouldn't be so sure that his leg kicks/TDs are weak, just because we haven't seen a lot of 'em.

But Conor's wide stance doesn't make for any kind of effective low round kick at all - and I doubt he will change his stance, that would completely take away from everything that he has learned about footwork, his power, accuracy, angles, etc.

You either need reach (to kick and stay far away aka Condit)

or a good takedown offense to make Nate hesitate from checking your kicks.

Or just do like RDA and Josh Thompson did.

I don't get why fighters even have coaches, they should just come to internet forums.
To be fair you could write that under pretty much every second post in a sports forum and you'd never be wrong.
People share their opinions on what fighters should do/have done etc while in reality most fighters have a team of elite level training partners and often coaches who produced world champions.

Back