Social Bears in Canada vs Finland

I grew up in The Smoky Mountain National Park in Tennessee. And have had at least 300 encounters with black bears eating trash in every house I’ve lived in. They are cool and all but are pests. Tear up trash, porch furniture, and are of course dangerous in some cases. This sumbitch was at my house every other day last year. Then in the Fall we had a massive Momma with 4 cubs showing up. Thank god they went into hibernation cause we’ve had a warm winter and sometimes won’t if it’s too hot BF93ABEA-9B60-4798-856C-8DB2D2A0D278.jpeg

Last edited:
What about bears in nightclubs and bath houses?
FirstAnnualKoalabear-max-1mb.gif

I grew up in The Smoky Mountain National Park in Tennessee. And have had at least 300 runs with black bears eating trash in every house I’ve lived in. They are cool and all but are pests. Tear up trash, porch furniture, and are of course dangerous in some cases. This sumbitch was at my house every other day last year. Then in the Fall we had a massive Momma with 4 cubs showing up. Thank god they went into hibernation cause we’ve had a warm winter and sometimes won’t if it’s too hot View attachment 729241

Did you ever have a dangerous encounter?

I love bears, they're pretty good especially the fat - perfect meal in the winter.

Did you ever have a dangerous encounter?
Tons. Walking home from work up a trail and coming up on a Momma and Cubs has happened several times and you gotta just wait it out to get by. That teen bear last year was a punk ass I tried to run him off anytime I seen it because I have a small child and pets that play outside. It charged me a few times just yelling at it making noise, which usually gets them to run off. Thought about touching it with teh jab or putting an arrow through it’s head, I called Park Rangers and they set a trap below my road but never caught em.

Last edited:
The real scares when you're living in grizzly territory.

This. I hunt black bears and have had them in my yard etc. They can be bad at times but a grizz or a polar bear really makes ya shit yourself.

We need more of those in the sunshine state to control tweaker population.

Seems like Dwight Schrute should making this thread

Black bears are rarely dangerous to encounter, used to run into them all the time at the summer cottage when I was growing up. Just make some noise and they'll piss off. Polar bears, on the other hand, will gladly eat you. Only thing you can do if you run into a polar bear in the wild is have a gun with you.

We use to watch bears feed at the dump in a small town where my cottage was. They didn't have the proper bins to keep bears out and they would swarm the place. All black bears, some brown. Thank you car.

I grew up in The Smoky Mountain National Park in Tennessee. And have had at least 300 runs with black bears eating trash in every house I’ve lived in. They are cool and all but are pests. Tear up trash, porch furniture, and are of course dangerous in some cases. This sumbitch was at my house every other day last year. Then in the Fall we had a massive Momma with 4 cubs showing up. Thank god they went into hibernation cause we’ve had a warm winter and sometimes won’t if it’s too hot View attachment 729241
I used to see them running around in New York sometimes. They were always really stand offish. Never had a problem with them getting into our trash though, our trash was in these brick enclosures. Never though about it before now but that was probably why.

We actually saw a bear cub run through our neighborhood in Colorado this past summer. I thought it was really cool at the time, but we later heard on the news that it ran down to the highway and got hit by a car :(

Back