Bear Cub grasping the concept of Gravity

MadSquabbles500

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWrdpURgVgM

That bear and her cub seem to understand gravity, center of gravity, balance. I wonder what else they can comprehend. My shih Tzu knows not to jump off a high table. He seems scared. How does he even know this, and not recognize himself in the mirror though? He also knows to not run full speed into a wall. I know they are completely different levels of intelligence, but I would say understand gravity, momentum, and what it can do to your body is a higher level than self recognition, wouldn't you?

Rock climbing bears? I thought bears playing ice hockey was cool but this is up there.

I don't think they understand the concept of gravity moreso the concept of pain and self preservation as they know that falling will fuck them up.

Bears are related to dogs btw.

I was at the cottage one morning, I got up at sunrise to do some fishing on the dock before the girl woke up, we got up late the night before so I hadnt been drinking (explaining the early morning) with the line in the water, i started dozing off in the muskoka chair. I hear footsteps coming down the mossy hill, which the startled me awake. Assuming it was the woman I slowly turned around to see a yearling ( bear cub ) walking towards me up the dock. ( its a big dock, and I was quiet). I knew the mom would be very close but i didnt wanna scare the cub because I was in awe.

By the time it got 10 feet from me , the mom stepped out of the bushes from behind the boathouse and slowy came my way. I freaked out, jumped up, screamed and started stomping. Both bears ran away, but not before coming within 10 feet of me.

When I was a teenager, the kids from the lake would always go to the local dump and see who could get the closest to a bear, my brother actually grabbed a tail, but having one walk up on your dock is a whole new kind of eerie. the cubs are so fucking cute.

anyways, thats my random bear story.

Well, humans were throwing spears before anyone ever conceived of calculus. Can't remember where I read this, but there's an idea that savants use motion centres of the brain to perform their seemingly impossible mathematical feats. And if the bears were so smart, the mother would just lead climb with the baby bear belaying. Much safer than both of them soloing the thing.

Honestly I think the more pressing question here is how do these bears know how to ice skate and put the puck into the right goal?

[YT]Z0E7amE2xXw[/YT]

Well, humans were throwing spears before anyone ever conceived of calculus. Can't remember where I read this, but there's an idea that savants use motion centres of the brain to perform their seemingly impossible mathematical feats. And if the bears were so smart, the mother would just lead climb with the baby bear belaying. Much safer than both of them soloing the thing.

I am sure our first ancestors were jotting down notes using sharp rocks on cave walls, trying describe what they saw, and all their curious guesses as to how that spear flew, and calculating ways of making predictions to where that spear lands depending on how heavy it is. That is basically the beginnings of calculus.

These bears cant write, or have never written as far as we know even though they have the claws, but who knows what they are thinking inside their minds.

Honestly I think the more pressing question here is how do these bears know how to ice skate and put the puck into the right goal?

[YT]Z0E7amE2xXw[/YT]

Just like the Planet of the Apes, these animals just need that right pill, or electrical shock to the right neurons, and they will take over this planet.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...ssia-kills-circus-director-in-Kyrgyzstan.html

The five-year-old bear, part of a visiting troupe from the prestigious Russian state circus, was wearing ice skates when he lashed out at his handlers and circus staff before a performance of their "Bears on Ice" show in the Kyrgyz capital, Bishkek.
He dragged 25-year-old circus director Dmitry Potapov across the ice rink by his neck and nearly severed his victim's legs.

Bear must have studied human anatomy first.

Back