Beacon Hill Gracie JJ vs Kimura BJJ

doppelganger

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone has heard of or has had a chance to train at one of the new locations of Jim Hughes/Royce Gracie operated BJJ dojos, as part of the Beacon Hill Athletic Club. Supposedly there are 6 new places in Boston, but for the life of me I couldn't google them (the actual addresses) out. Also, if anyone could tell me how these compare to Kimura BJJ in Watertown, that would be really great. Thanks in advance.

All I can say is that Kimura BJJ is awesome. I know nothing of the other schools you mentioned.

I hear a lot of good things about Kimura BJJ. I just want to figure out which place is easier to commute to.

Jean Kleber (Kimura BJJ) is the man! best coach I've ever seen. Definitely go with Kimura

I've heard good things about Kimura - I just can't stand all the "KIM..URA" yelling at NAGA events....

Jim Hughes is a good guy but I know nothing about Paul the instructor at Beacon Hill.

Try them both out - that's what I would do..

The only thing that jumps out at me about the Beacon Hill Athletic Club classes is they're really limited time-wise. I train over in Allston which isn't bad coming from Cambridge/Somerville.

Kimura is the best places I've trained at really helpful and knowledgable instructors and everybody is really nice and if your struggling with something they try and help you learn in a way that works for you

Back