beach wrestling

I wouldent mind unless I go tthrown with something serious...sunburns would suck because u couldent really lather up in sunblock.

it will probably be a great expierience for you. minowa trained on the beach before he got ko'd by baroni

I saw a Ssirum exhibition today that looked a little like that. It looked like fun if you don't mind throwing from an over under clinch. I wouldn't be worried so much about the sand as the monster sunburn I would have gotten though.

I'm glad I don't get sunburn, I would definently try it. But NYC is only filled with nasty ass beaches.

Soid said:
I'm glad I don't get sunburn, I would definently try it. But NYC is only filled with nasty ass beaches.
where the fuck ar e you and when are you coming back?

rory_44 said:
what are the rules?

yea I wanna know too. I am guessing there is only takedowns-no mat work. I also think this will be tried to be an olympic sport.

beach wrestling rules (from the Metropolitan Wrestling Association website):

The event will have four divisions: High School, College, Open and Women. The high school athletes will compete in four weight classes, each of which will be determined after registration based on the size of the contestants. The other divisions will have two weight classes each.

The rules for Beach Wrestling are simple. Men wear athletic swimming trunks and women wear a one or two- piece bathing suit. Athletes wrestle on a sand surface, with a 20-foot diameter circle marked in the sand. Matches start in the standing position and last three minutes. Athletes may not kick or punch or attack the face or hair.

To win a Beach Wrestling match, an athlete must do one of the following:

beach grappling is hard, and a lot of people try to throw you the ghey card while doing it.
the sand gets in your eyes a lot less than you think it will

If I'm on vacation and I come across any of these competitions, I think I'll put on a pair of Speedos and whoop some ass.

Back