Be Honest... Would You Buy This UFC PPV?

people who buy PPVs are supporting the PPV business model and therefor the main reason why we never saw Anderson Silva, GSP, Jon Jones etc on FOX, which in my opinion stifled the growth of MMA in the United States and Canada because normal people never even get to see the best of the best. Imagine if Anderson Silva's fights were on free tv every time he went out there. He'd be rock star status in the U.S. like he is in Brazil (where they got to watch him for free). Brazilians and the rest of the world got Silva, JJ, GSP for free, while Americans and Canadian got Benson Henderson (awful to watch), Demetrius Johnson (125s are obviously not for casuals), and most recently Browne vs Werdum (not my idea of a a crowd pleaser).

cliffs notes, stop buying these awful PPVs so we can get the elite of the elite on FOX and mma can become NFL status.

people who buy PPVs are supporting the PPV business model and therefor the main reason why we never saw Anderson Silva, GSP, Jon Jones etc on FOX, which in my opinion stifled the growth of MMA in the United States and Canada because normal people never even get to see the best of the best. Imagine if Anderson Silva's fights were on free tv every time he went out there. He'd be rock star status in the U.S. like he is in Brazil (where they got to watch him for free). Brazilians and the rest of the world got Silva, JJ, GSP for free, while Americans and Canadian got Benson Henderson (awful to watch), Demetrius Johnson (125s are obviously not for casuals), and most recently Browne vs Werdum (not my idea of a a crowd pleaser).

cliffs notes, stop buying these awful PPVs so we can get the elite of the elite on FOX and mma can become NFL status.

You might as well tell a fat person to eat healthy at a buffet. It's not going to happen!

I normally order ppvs but I wouldnt order this.

"He wants to get in close to use that reach advantage"~Mike Goldberg

Hahaha. I love that quote. Side note:

Did Jon Jones actually "get in close to use that reach advantage" against Glover???
Think about it. He got into a range that was dirty boxing range, but because of the reach advantage (of shoulder to elbow length) he could elbow when Glover could not. What do you guys think? Did Jones "get in close to use that reach advantage"? If so should my head explode? Is Goldie some sort of god?

exactly

I wasn't going to buy it before Alvarez got hurt, so definatly not now. Bellator will always be like the minor leagues of MMA to me, I can't buy that. UFC has now established itself as THE professional league of MMA and now rates to be mentioned along side NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, and NASCAR. Sorry Bellator, no PPV for the minor leagues!

Will Brooks is not another body, he is a legit LW, really promising one, and although everybody can agree that Chandler is too much too soon, he can put on a fight for sure.

I thought the same thing when he fought Rick Hawn.

Well, it's not a solid PPV, but at the same time there are worse UFC PPVs. I'd rank UFC 174 at the same level of interest to me. Would never buy it, but will watch it.

Hahaha. I love that quote. Side note:

Did Jon Jones actually "get in close to use that reach advantage" against Glover???
Think about it. He got into a range that was dirty boxing range, but because of the reach advantage (of shoulder to elbow length) he could elbow when Glover could not. What do you guys think? Did Jones "get in close to use that reach advantage"? If so should my head explode? Is Goldie some sort of god?

Nah, Goldies just a dumbass. Jon Jones basically showed that even if he was a double amputee at both elbows he could still outbox Glover.

Will Brooks is not another body, he is a legit LW, really promising one, and although everybody can agree that Chandler is too much too soon, he can put on a fight for sure.

There was a time when Chandler was seen in the same light.

I watch cards at the local bar. I would buy that over some of the recent UFC cards though.

Well, it's not a solid PPV, but at the same time there are worse UFC PPVs. I'd rank UFC 174 at the same level of interest to me. Would never buy it, but will watch it.

I've been pretty critical of UFC's ppvs for the last year or so, but I don't really know a UFC ppv that has been outright worse than this. Wanderlei-Rich II was about as bad, but outright worse I don't see it.

But I've pretty much got to where I'm not buying a ppv unless it's a great card. Last one I bought was Weidman-Silva II, and the only one I see myself getting in the immediate future is 175. That one deserves a buy.

I've been pretty critical of UFC's ppvs for the last year or so, but I don't really know a UFC ppv that has been outright worse than this. Wanderlei-Rich II was about as bad, but outright worse I don't see it.

But I've pretty much got to where I'm not buying a ppv unless it's a great card. Last one I bought was Weidman-Silva II, and the only one I see myself getting in the immediate future is 175. That one deserves a buy.

It seems to get more difficult to tell the difference between an UFC PPV and a Fox card.

Everyone who says they would not buy the ppv would if it said UFC instead of Bellator though...facts are facts...

Back