Be honest: Are you PAYING for tonight's PPV?

Nope, be busy watching Marquez/Alvaredo.

I'll be split screening tonight. Marquez is my favorite boxer and the Alvarado fight should be a war. But I also want to support Bellator as I think it would be better if we had more than 1 major organization in MMA. Outside of seeing how much of a fight Brooks put up I'm mostly interested in seeing Sha-Guerreiro and Richman-Yamauchi on the prelims though. I'd be lying if I said I was really pumped for the PPV card.

Im not gonna pay for something that Ive been getting for free
Plus HBO and Showtime both have boxing on tonight so that makes the decision even easier

The only live event is HBO for boxing

I didn't even know this was going on today :\ after Alverez was announced out, I just checked out.

I figure it's the first time they've asked for my money and I watch their product every week and the card has fights that excite me.

If they had this kind of card every month then I won't buy it, but I don't mind give them $90 a year for two quality PPVs and a ton of free shows.

Well, it's the second time they've asked for our money, but the first time they actually got the PPV to air. :)

I look at it differently. We really don't get any "free shows", from the UFC or Bellator. We are either paying for cable (which is a lot of cash) and/or paying with the viewing of a ridiculous amount of commercials. Time is money.

Both the UFC and Bellator make a lot of money off their "free shows", so I don't feel that paying for a PPV has anything to do with the free shows. They are making money every time we watch, regardless of whether or not we actually pay a fee.

I don't pay for cable because I only watch sports, Bob's Burgers and GoT - not really worth the 80$ or whatever TWC is charging for a cable box.

If they offered some system like UFC.tv I would, but the're not so...

I swear I spend all week waiting for the next GOT. It's stupid since I've read the books, I shouldn't be so amped for each episode. But god I can't wait to see how they pull off the upcoming scenes.

Some fairweather MMA fans in here, how pathetic they would boycott and not order an event simply because one of the fights they wanted to see isn't on the card.

I've ordered it, on Rogers HD. Already purchased through the guide, and having a few people come over to my place here in Brampton to see it

You people saying you're not ordering it because of one card change clearly don't give a fuck about supporting the promotion. Keep enjoying your shitty UFC cards only at almost double the price

Some fairweather MMA fans in here, how pathetic they would boycott and not order an event simply because one of the fights they wanted to see isn't on the card.

I've ordered it, on Rogers HD. Already purchased through the guide, and having a few people come over to my place here in Brampton to see it

You people saying you're not ordering it because of one card change clearly don't give a fuck about supporting the promotion. Keep enjoying your shitty UFC cards only at almost double the price

Bellator PPV is 45 dollars
UFC PPV is 55 dollars
That math seems fuzzy

Bellator is 35 dollars, UFC in HD is 70 dollars (MAYBE 60, but I think $69.99 HD). Also, you're comparing the bellator HD to UFC SD.. and that must be in USD, prices are different here in Canada

Nope but i rarely pay for any MMA cards. I usually go to a friends place to watch, a bar, or be a bad boy.

Bellator is 35 dollars, UFC in HD is 70 dollars (MAYBE 60, but I think $69.99 HD). You're comparing the bellator HD to UFC SD, and also in USD, prices are different here in Canada

UFC 173 is 55$ in HD in the US.

Bellator in HD is 45$.

Last edited:

You are using the term "boycott" very loosely. Not buying something for simple quality reasons or due to financial reasons is not the same thing as "boycotting".

I'm not boycotting Taco Bell. I never eat there because their food sucks, but I'm not protesting their shit food quality. I'm just not eating there.

If UFC PPV cards are shitty, I'm not sure what this is. Don't get me wrong, I like some of the fights, but it's certainly not better than the vast majority of UFC PPV cards.

Bellator is 35 dollars, UFC in HD is 70 dollars (MAYBE 60, but I think $69.99 HD). Also, you're comparing the bellator HD to UFC SD.. and that must be in USD, prices are different here in Canada

On my service the HD prices are 45 and 55 like I said in my earlier post
So your little rage post makes no sense

I'm on the fence right now. Maybe.

So you are a fan of the sport and of fights, but only when the fights are the ones you want to see? A selective fan? I don't understand this shit

I see people saying "I'm not ordering it!!!" then later complain about how there is no competition out there to the UFC , and how nice it would be if there were other promotions..

It costs less too, try to remember. They are trying to make this model work and it can only improve if people actually tuned in

On my service the HD prices are 45 and 55 like I said in my earlier post
So your little rage post makes no sense

Bellator has regional pricing based on providers, so in one area someone might pay $30 and someone might pay $40 in another area.

So you are a fan of the sport and of fights, but only when the fights are the ones you want to see?

My God I hope this is a troll post. If not, this line is one of the greatest things I've ever read.

I am not paying. I will wait for the results and the gifs.

Bellator in HD $45 UFC in HD is $55. It's not just one card change it's the most significant card change that could possibly happen. It's would be like UFC 173 losing Renan Barao and moving Cormier vs Hendo to the main event, then putting TJ Dillashaw as the co-main event against Mitch Gagnon for the interim title. They lost the highest ranked fighter on the whole damn card.

With Bellator 120 there are only 2 top 10 fighters on the whole card one of which isn't even fighting in his own division. People will call UFC 173 one of the weakest of the year yet it has 6 top 10 fighters one of which is ranked #1 in his division and top 2 or 3 P4P.

Bellator 120 is a good card for Bellator. But it's not a good card for a PPV in general. Maybe it's worth it if you are stuck in 2004.

So you are a fan of the sport and of fights, but only when the fights are the ones you want to see? A selective fan? I don't understand this shit

...Are you trolling or do you have more money than you know what to do with?

Back