Be a man.... take a stand! How many years does Jon Jones get?

When does Jones come back?

• Total voters
If Anderson and who else got a year retroactive I don't see why Jon won't.

Anderson got a 75% reduction because he was able to demonstrate genuine contaminated supplement that involved a full police investigation in Brazil in conjunction with both USADA and Brazilian Anti doping.

Jones team havnt even been able to find a contaminated supplement..

So why would Jones get a 75% reduction?

Ok, fair point but did Barnett and Dos Santos do all that police investigation stuff? I'm kinda speaking out of turn because I don't know their exact sentencing but wasn't it light, ultimately usada lagged but the punishment wasn't that long?

Also its not evidence but when I see Jon saying #comebackseason I get the feeling he doesn't think he's getting four years?

From my perspective and I don't dive deep into each usada violation, it seems as of late that many guys are getting off with lighter suspensions.

Also its not evidence but when I see Jon saying #comebackseason I get the feeling he doesn't think he's getting four years?

Once again, last time he teased just the same about coming back sooner than expected and he still got the full suspension.

From my perspective and I don't dive deep into each usada violation, it seems as of late that many guys are getting off with lighter suspensions.

But they are all part of the same specific issue with shady pharmacies in Brazil, where turinabol wasn't involved. What happened to Lil Nog, Anderson and JDS doesn't tell us anything about Jones' case.

The only other high profile turinabol case I can think of in the UFC is Frank Mir, who happens to be Jones' teammate, and he got a full suspension about a year after pissing hot. This is much more relevant for Jones' case.

Last edited:
Just voicing my hunch and taking a stand. We shall see. I'm just thinking its 1-2 prolly 1.

I went 2020 because that's what he deserves.

Any sooner and USDA are corrupt and open themselves up to several lawsuits from fighters who got longer sentences for similar or lesser offences.

at least get two years, and then a few months after that to set up the right opponent... so early 2020

I think the powers that be definitely considered letting him off the hook but realized the backlash would be too great

Delayed Punishment = Making sure ALL the bread is buttered.

USADA has a lot of chiefs.

He will literally be cleared within a week.
giphy.gif

with the amount of strikes Jones has i'd be amazed if he got anything under 3yrs

doesn't matter cuz he's going to fuck up and get banned again within a couple months of reinstatement

LOL should be 4 at least. Fix your poll.

If that’s the case it would be 4 years from the failed test (2017) which would mean he would be free in 2021. Poll is fine.

Anderson got a 75% reduction because he was able to demonstrate genuine contaminated supplement that involved a full police investigation in Brazil in conjunction with both USADA and Brazilian Anti doping.

Do you know for a fact that something like that hasn't been done with Jones' case behind the scenes?

Jon Jones fighting before the year ends "doesn't make any sense", that has been the narrative ever since he got caught.

USADA : Punishing Jon for something that doesn't make any sense... doesn't make any sense! What he says checks out and he's can fight as soon as possible!

Well either usada is for real or its a bs corporation. If he gets off light, we know money talks. if his career is somewhat runed like a few others have had, then i guess its real.

Do you know for a fact that something like that hasn't been done with Jones' case behind the scenes?
well we know that as of February, after 9 months of searching they hadnt found a supplement contaminated with turinabol.

If between the CSAC hearing and now they have found something its unlikely that USADA would be very receptive.. you dont suddenly discover a supplement a year after the fact..

add to that the fact that usada post any supplements found contaminated on the high risk list http://supplement411.org/hrl

there are things added to that as recently as this week, but nothing contaminated with turinabol. if usada had found a supplement contaminated with tbol it would be on there

What do you think of Victor Conte's explanation for Jones most recent test failure? That being he was taking a short acting drug that had cleared his system prior to the test, but it was tainted by what he got busted for because the people who made it failed to properly clean their equipment. Does that sound plausible to you?

What do you think of Victor Conte's explanation for Jones most recent test failure? That being he was taking a short acting drug that had cleared his system prior to the test, but it was tainted by what he got busted for because the people who made it failed to properly clean their equipment. Does that sound plausible to you?
its plausible but theres no evidence to either prove it or disprove it.

All we know is that the turinabol entered his system sometime after 7th July and before around the 26th July

we know the earliest point because of his last negative test

And we know it was the long term metabolite they detected not actual turinabol so it must have been administered long enough before his sample was collected on weigh-in day for the actual turinabol to have left his system

So we can whittle it down to 7-26 July for when it was administered

beyond that, we have no idea.

If we presume intentional use there are really only two options. It could be Jones took turinabol unaware of the new testing protocol and thinking it had a short detection window, It could be as Conte hypothesises that he took something else with a short detection window that was contaminated with turinabol. There is nothing to disprove either theory, but there is nothing to prove it either.

If it is non-intentional use then it would be a supplement consumed between 7th and 26th that he hadnt used previously, and did not use after the 26th July. So a supplement that he had never used before that he took a month before the fight and stopped using 4-5 days before the fight. That he cannot remember taking, did not write on his doping control form, and has been unable to provide to USADA. But again, there is nothing to prove or disprove that this is what happened.

which leaves us with...

USADA have demonstrated that he had a long term metabolite of turinabol in his system. That is all they have to prove or demonstrate. They dont have to prove how it got there, only that it was present.

Its down to Jones team to either, prove it got there unintentionally, or that the testing and analysis protocol is flawed. They already stated in the CSAC hearing that there were no errors in the collection or analysis procedure and they accept the presence of it in his sample. Which leaves their only option to demonstrate unintentional use.

The only possible way they get a reduction is if they can demonstrate that.

Last edited:
Back