BATTLESTAR GALACTICA Movie (Simon Kinberg to Write and Produce)

I can't fucking wait.

BSG is probably my favorite show of all time. It faltered a bit towards the end, but it killed it every moment until that last season.

Update: February 10, 2016

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA Movie in Development With Producers Michael De Luca, Scott Stuber

Battlestar-Galactica-021016-Dragonlord.jpg

Battlestar Galatica is getting another shot at the big-screen. Powerhouse producers Michael De Luca is teaming up with Scott Stuber and Dylan Clark of Bluegrass Films to produce the movie for Universal, which is hoping to launch a massive event franchise.

Galactica was the short-lived but impactful television series created by Glen A. Larson in the post-Star Wars halo that aired on ABC from 1978 to 1979. The show was revived and re-imagined for the post-9-11 world in 2004 as a thought-provoking, politically-charged series that ran to great acclaim on Syfy from 2004 to 2009.

As the show was winding down, Universal began developing the property as a movie, enlisting Bryan Singer to direct it and several screenwriters coming and going. Singer hasn’t been involved with the project since at least 2014. No writers are on board at this early stage of the project.

The hook of the show concerned human civilization on distant planets being almost wiped out by intelligent machines known as Cylons. The survivors flee on starships, and led by the Galactica and her heroic crew, try to find a mythic human colony called Earth.

'Battlestar Galactica' Movie in Development at Universal With Producers Michael De Luca and Scott Stuber
Will it be the fun Battlestar Galactica like the 70s show or the gritty morbid as hell and politically correct Starbuck shoved in our face shit. Im up for the fun show hell they can even put the guy off blade runner and Miami vice on there as long as he smiles occasionally.

Will it be the fun Battlestar Galactica like the 70s show or the gritty morbid as hell and politically correct Starbuck shoved in our face shit. Im up for the fun show hell they can even put the guy off blade runner and Miami vice on there as long as he smiles occasionally.

It won't be like the one made for children, it will be like the brilliant, award winning reboot.

It won't be like the one made for children, it will be like the brilliant, award winning reboot.
Im not a child fatty Im older than you lol at calling that a childrens show Just because you dont like it dont call it some childrens show you watch alotttttttttttt of tv you show know better. Now run along and take another pic of you to put in the who has the guts thread..........its not like you dont have way too many on there anyway.

Last edited:
Im not a child fatty Im older than you lol at calling that a childrens show Just because you dont like it dont call it some childrens show you watch alotttttttttttt of tv you show know better. Now run along and take another pic of you to put in the who has the guts thread..........its not like you dont have way too many on there anyway.

daggit.gif

It's neither Star Trek or Star Wars. It's a grittier, grounded sci-fi militaristic kind of drama.

Have you seen the recent Syfy series The Expanse? The aesthetics is similar to that.

If you haven't seen Battlestar Galactica (2003 miniseries and 2004 series), you're in for a treat. It's one of the greatest sci-fi televisions series ever.

Thanks a bunch for this man

I finally got started watching it and I finished the Mini series and half way though season 1 and I really like it

gaiusbaltargs0.jpg
My favorite character so far

Update: February 7, 2017

Richard Hatch, BATTLESTAR GALACTICA Star, Dies at 71

Richard-Hatch-Battlestar-Galactica-Dragonlord.jpg

Richard Hatch, the Golden Globe nominee who starred on both the original Battlestar Galactica TV series as well as the mid-2000s reboot, died Tuesday after a battle with cancer. He was 71.

"Richard Hatch was a good man, a gracious man, and a consummate professional. His passing is a heavy blow to the entire BSG family," tweeted Ronald D. Moore, creator of the Battlestar Galactica reboot.

On the original Battlestar Galactica, which ran for the 1978-79 season, Hatch played hotshot pilot Captain Apollo, with the role earning him a Golden Globe nomination for best actor in a television series – drama. In the 2004-09 reboot, the actor returned to the franchise as Tom Zarek, an opportunistic political leader who often shook up the playing field as humanity tried to survive annihilation at the hands of the Cylons, a cybernetic race who rebelled against their creators.

Hatch also starred as police Inspector Dan Robbins opposite Karl Malden in the fifth and final season (1976-77) of the ABC drama The Streets of San Francisco. He effectively replaced Michael Douglas, who exited the show (Douglas' character Steve Keller left the force to become professor of criminology).

Hatch also played Philip Brent, who was drafted into the Vietnam War, in the original cast of the ABC daytime soap opera All My Children. Other credits included episodes of Hawaii Five-O (1973-75) and The Waltons (1975-75).

Throughout his career, Hatch maintained a passion for Battlestar Galactica, penning three novels continuing the adventures from the original series. He became a fixture on the fan convention circuit, hosting Battlestar Galactica panels at San Diego Comic-Con and Dragoncon.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...d-battlestar-galactica-star-dies-at-71-973044

R.i.P.......Loved his arc on the new version. Hope a movie comes along and they make the Cylons like the originals.

Baltarstar Galactica is best binge watched.

The two apollos.
1476.jpg

1476.jpg
1476.jpg

Update: October 22, 2020

Simon Kinberg to Write and Produce BATTLESTAR GALACTICA Movie for Universal

t5cxqA0.jpg

The Cylons are on the march. Simon Kinberg has signed on to write and produce Battlestar Galactica, Universal’s long-gestating feature adaptation of its sci-fi TV franchise.

Kinberg, who was the main architect of almost a decade’s worth of X-Men movies, now has a new franchise universe to work with and will be starting from the ground up in telling the tale of humans on faraway planets on the run from a race of intelligent machines bent on wiping them out.

He will join producer Dylan Clark, who has long shepherded the project, which has attracted filmmakers such as Bryan Singer and Francis Lawrence over the years.

"Battlestar Galactica is one of the holy grails in science fiction, and I couldn't be more excited about bringing something new to the franchise, while honoring what's made it so iconic and enduring," said Kinberg in a statement. "I'm so grateful that Dylan and my partners at Universal have trusted me with this incredible universe."

Galactica was the short-lived but impactful television series created by Glen A. Larson in the post-Star Wars glow that aired in the late 1970s. The conceit was the idea of human colonies on distant galactic shores who fall pray to destructive machines known as Cylons. The survivors flee on starships and , led by the Galactica and her heroic crew, try to find a mythic human colony known as Earth.

Characters included the upstanding Commander Adama, his son Apollo, the brash Starbuck, the traitorous Baltar, plus Boomer, Athena and Cassiopeia. The humans zipped in fighter ships known as Vipers while the Cylons’ ships were called Raiders.

The show was revived and re-imagined for the post-9-11 world as a thought-provoking, politically charged series that ran to great acclaim on Syfy from 2004 to 2009. A reboot of the show is currently in development with Mr. Robot creator Sam Esmail executive producing.

Kinberg is gearing up for the release of The 355, a female-centric spy thriller he co-wrote and directed. The movie, which features Jessica Chastain, Lupita Nyong’o, Penelope Cruz, Diane Kruger and Fan Bingbing, is currently scheduled to be released by Universal on Jan. 15.

And while Kinberg is taking steps to advance as a helmer, he hasn’t forgotten his writing roots. He created and co-wrote the Apple TV+ series Invasion, which is currently in production. He is also working with director Jason Bateman on his spec script Here Comes the Flood for Netflix and recently sold an untitled Idris Elba-starring, Africa-set spy romance project to Apple.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...estar-galactica-movie-for-universal-exclusive

Interested in seeing how the story goes in movie form. Its a lot to cram in in about 2 hours.

The story is finished. One of the better endings for a series. Theres nothing left

I really enjoyed the space battles in the new series. They were good for a tv show at that time.

this guys wrote some of the worst x men movies.

I hope they recast this from scratch. Edward James Olmos is getting up there and Katee Sackhoff is maybe my least favorite actress that doesn't come from MMA.
They can't use the previous cast. That story is resolved. Although, I wouldn't mind seeing some of those actors make cameos as different characters.

Hopefully, the get good people behind this production, and we don't see the kind of garbage we have seen lately in the Star Wars and Star Trek franchises.

Back