Battles of posture + positioning:

so like this?
BoxingRCF.gif

What question are you asking by posting that stance? It is bugging the shit outta me.

My God that's bad. There's so much bad advice sprinkled throughout that single document.

I bet it's fun to box him, though.

Me and my new Kru don't see eye to eye as positionning goes.

He implant a KB stance and KB combination in his system.
I hate it, it doesn't feel natural.

It's great to be working on something you hate because you learn alot.
I haven't KO someone to prove a point yet because I leave my ego at the locker room.
You can hear it from time to time knocking tho.

Were threads merge because I can't find my post with the pizza slice.

I find this whole debate stupid because people can just adopt one stance while kicking, one for punching and one for grappling.

It doesn't telegraph at all if you do it all from the position. (orthodoxe for example)
And if you ever find someone who is looking at you feet angles during a fight... why aren't you KOing that person?

Turning into rear hand punches is simply a matter of rolling from the heel to the toe. Just like you do when you walk. If your weight moves utilizing your entire foot, it's going to land a lot harder than if you already begin as far forward on your foot as you can get.

So pivoting on a back foot that had the heel down will give a more powerful punch than pivoting on a back foot that had only half the foot down?

The answer is in the recent video I posted in the Tile Exercise thread.

So pivoting on a back foot that had the heel down will give a more powerful punch than pivoting on a back foot that had only half the foot down?

If you're putting your weight on your back foot you have more weight to transfer over to your front foot, that makes for a powerful cross. You can't put your weight on your back foot if your back foot is halfway off the ground, it needs be planted to the ground.

If you guys want to see how horrible it can get with POOR posture AND poor positioning, check out this recent Title bout:

Look what keeps happening to both guys because their heads area ALWAYS the closest things to each other, and they couldn't get anymore on the front foot if they tried.

If you're putting your weight on your back foot you have more weight to transfer over to your front foot, that makes for a powerful cross. You can't put your weight on your back foot if your back foot is halfway off the ground, it needs be planted to the ground.

I keep about 70% on my rear, and I keep my heel raised high. It took a lot of practice, but I dont have a problem staying on the ball of my rear foot, and keeping my weight on the back. I only root(touch the heel down) when I throw a power jab, or a lead hook.

I keep about 70% on my rear, and I keep my heel raised high. It took a lot of practice, but I dont have a problem staying on the ball of my rear foot, and keeping my weight on the back. I only root(touch the heel down) when I throw a power jab, or a lead hook.

The best Muay Thai fighters have this mastered. They can have most of their weight on their rear while being on the balls of BOTH feet.

How do you consolidate this taller chest back posture with the art of getting low sinister?

Also, Im all for shoulder joint health having had two operations at 19, but does this not limit the range of the jab?

Lastly, how does this affect your ability to defend body shots? I often slouch forwards in TKD so that my elbows can help block kicks easier

How do you consolidate this taller chest back posture with the art of getting low sinister?

Also, Im all for shoulder joint health having had two operations at 19, but does this not limit the range of the jab?

Lastly, how does this affect your ability to defend body shots? I often slouch forwards in TKD so that my elbows can help block kicks easier

It should not limit the range of your jab at all. As for getting low, bend your knee, not your spine or your waist. As for body shots defense, it should not affect at all.

Getting low is done effectively through the hips and knees. The back posture is completely secondary, as one with good hip flexibility and rotation can get low without the need to bend the back.

Proper trunk rotation will facilitate as much range of the jab as you could ever need.

When the back remains stable, for one thing the elbows can remain tighter to the body. The other thing is the core muscles can be better activated. Those two things combined make for good enough protection from body shots if you're GOING to get touched by them. Though of course, there's no accounting for someone touching sweet spots like the liver. Not much one can do about that.

Unless you're opposite a guy like me.
I can never drop a guy with a liver shot , even with a full on bang or putting myself in a wide open view position to bang it.
I've bruised guys ribs , packed them up but never penetrated the liver with my left.
Dropped guys with my right hand though (straights , hooks , uppercuts) which is odd.

:(

I've given up by now. I just use it to set up that left upper or hook.

So I was always taught to stand in the Muay thai hunch/c-stance as I seen many Muay Thai fighters do before and as I was coached to do. The last few day I've tried keep my back straight and chest up. At first this felt very counter productive to me but soon felt much natural and better. I realized for me not matter how much I try to stand with my weight balanced or on the backfoot in that hunched stance I'm always going to end up front foot heavy, and by keeping my back straight I flow significantly better between strikes and pivot better.

Back