Battle of the 22-1 Records

Mystic909

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I just noticed that both Dominick Cruz and Jon Jones have identical MMA W-L records at 22-1. Who has the better resume and where would you rank them in the all time goat list?

Dominick Cruz's noticeable wins: Faber (2x), Dillashaw, Mighty Mouse, Benavidez (2x), Mizugaki, Jorgensen
Lone Loss: Faber by sub

Jon Jones' noticeable wins: Cormier, Gustafsson, Machida, Shogun, Rashad, Rampage
Lone Loss: Matt Hamill by DQ

Last edited:
Jon Jone's competition is ridiculously higher than Cruz's, by far. It would be like comparing NFL to CFL, almost. As a matter of fact, it would be just that.

They both have 1 unofficial loss on their records.
Pretty much equal resumes.
But Jones other loss came via not following the rules, whilst Cruz got beat by Faber.

Jones is #1 p4p all time
Cruz is not even top 5

But Jones other loss came via not following the rules, whilst Cruz got beat by Faber.

Faber says hi

and they both will have a gap on their résumé.

Last edited:
Jon Jone's competition is ridiculously higher than Cruz's, by far. It would be like comparing NFL to CFL, almost. As a matter of fact, it would be just that.

?????????????????????????????

how is tapping to Faber unofficial? for that matter how is losing to DQ unofficial?

I think he was trying to talk about the Dillashaw and Gus fights.
Which in my eyes Dom and Jon won

whoa! Completely missed that. Jones beat Gus and I'm still torn on the Dilly/Cruz fight. But it's official.

Jones way ahead.

First off Dom got beat, Jones murder/death/killed Hamil and got DQed for killing him illegally after destroying his shoulder with a legal throw.

Second is level of competition. Jones has quite a few wins over UFC champions, Dom has got 2 I believe, both have beaten guys who fight a weightclass below now. Jones has more UFC finishes and holds them over better fighters.

I like Dom, he is excellent at what he does but he never had a run as #1 p4p.

I will always rank Jones way above Cruz, because:

A.) He fights at a higher weight class
B.) he finishes his opponents more
C.) his opponents were of far, far better quality

Jones way ahead.

First off Dom got beat, Jones murder/death/killed Hamil and got DQed for killing him illegally after destroying his shoulder with a legal throw.

Second is level of competition. Jones has quite a few wins over UFC champions, Dom has got 2 I believe, both have beaten guys who fight a weightclass below now. Jones has more UFC finishes and holds them over better fighters.

I like Dom, he is excellent at what he does but he never had a run as #1 p4p.

I don't know how you compare the two divisions. I'd say that Cruz has faced opponents that had similar physical attributes as him while Jones almost always had a reach and overall size advantage. He beats up on "over-sized" middleweights and decisions legit LHWs.

That's a point for Cruz.

Who knows how long Jonathan was juicing.

So, all his victories should technically be NC. So, in essence, Jonathan is 0-1.

So Jones is a steroid abuser and Dom isn't and you people still think Jon should be in the "Goat" discussion? I pray for sherdog

I will always rank Jones way above Cruz, because:

A.) He fights at a higher weight class
B.) he finishes his opponents more
C.) his opponents were of far, far better quality

same question for you, how do you compare the two divisions?

Jones by a country mile. And if you're gonna include Mizugaki AND JORGENSON for Cruz, you gotta atleast put Glover and Bonner for JJ.

Back