BATTLE of ACTORS HW rd. 2 Official

I have a few challengers lined up and eventually after my selections are ran thru there will be 1 undisputed champ

I have a few challengers lined up and eventually after my selections are ran thru there will be 1 undisputed champ

Not to bash but tourney style brackets would have been cool.

DDL is the better actor, but I enjoy Pacino's films more. Heat is one of my favourite movies ever.

"She's got a GREAT ASS!!!!" Heheheh.

DDL is a poor man's Gary Oldman.....

tumblr_m9441f2jR81rdqhsxo1_500.gif

tumblr_lpdpn5EM2I1qhqqnho1_500.gif

tumblr_m1930ks6Go1qbpn3g.gif

That, I can support. Oldman is amazing.

It should be noted that Lewis is the best actor out there today. But judging by body of work, it's Pacino. I don't see Pacino getting may lead roles anymore, so Lewis may eventually surpass him in the eyes of the people.

I think Christoph Waltz may shit on him in the coming years.

Tricky poll, I think Day Lewis is a better actor, obviously has more range and has probably taken the tougher roles.

Pacino's overall career and longevity is second to none though, he made incredible movies for the best part of three decades and was consistently brilliant.

I'm torn.

One of the things that separate, DDL from Al Pacino is their worst movies. Pacino has made lots of shitty movies. I can't think of any DDL made.

DDL may be a great actor, but none of his movies are "favorite movie" material in my eyes. None of them.

Al Pacino has quite a few movies that are favorite movie material.

So he wins.

DDL may be a great actor, but none of his movies are "favorite movie" material in my eyes. None of them.

So he wins.

By that logic Arnold Schwarzenegger is a better actor than Lawerence Olivier.

So he wins.

Are you sure they're just not your favorite movies? Last of the Mohicans, Gangs of New York, In The Name of the Father, There Will be Blood and Lincoln could all easily be a persons favorite movie from their respective years.

This is close, although I went with Daniel Day-Lewis immediately and without hesitation.

DDL may be the technically better actor, but I gotta give it to my man Al. He's had great performances in some of the greatest movies ever. I love him as Michael Corleone because you see a man turn to stone right in front of your eyes. Honestly, this is a close one that could go either way, both guys deserve it.

Still...."vastly under appreciated third installment"? WTF Godfather 3 was a terrible movie, and Als performance had nothing to do with his performance in the first 2. He was already in that Pacino caricature, yelling all the time mode. I gave it to Al cause Im drawing off the highs and not using the lows to affect the scores, or else he would lose big time due to being in crap movies like part 3 or Gigli

This is a crazy close battle... each fighter has landed some great shots in the 2nd round... this battle will be a 5 round war... could dethrone hendo vs shogun for best fight of the decade (yea im imaginatory)

DDL may be able to do everything except make me give a shit.

I haven't really seen AP pre-scarface.Post-scarface,uh all he does is yell.DDL dives into character.DDL 2-0 so far.

Well the polls will close today at around 11pm happy voting fellow sherdoggers. Whoever does win this, they're next challenge is a very tough one IMO

Well the polls will close today at around 11pm happy voting fellow sherdoggers. Whoever does win this, they're next challenge is a very tough one IMO

Don't be predictable and do Nicholson or Deniro.

nah its pretty out of left fieldish in my oppinion

Back