BATMAN VS SUPERMAN Thread 3.0 (Rumor: Denzel Washington Eyed for Green Lantern?)

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by Dragonlordxxxxx, Aug 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dragonlordxxxxx

Dragonlordxxxxx Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator

For your convenience, all the major headlines are located in the first page of the thread and constantly updated.

Update: December 26, 2013

Gal Gadot on Wonder Woman Casting, Criticism, Training, More

[​IMG]

Gal Gadot: [On getting the role] "I was just on my way to shooting at LA. I landed at NY in a connection flight when my agent, Hadass Lichtenstein, called me. She says to me “Wonder Woman!” and I’m like “What??” – “The role is yours!…and it’s a secret and the news are not yet announced and you can’t tell anyone…”. I’m saying to her “Are you serious??”- and we both scream! Now it’s a plane from Israel to NY and I can’t make loud noise, and so I lean on a window, bending down to my legs, and just try to understand. Long story short – I was totally alone in NY, I got to a hotel at 12 pm, I needed to wake up in the morning for shootings. I remember laying in the darkness by myself, staring at the ceiling, and I was telling myself “It’s not real!”…it shouldn’t be like that, I’m supposed to be like… “where’s the champagne?”

[On being too skinny for the part] "I represent the Wonder Women of the new world. Breasts… anyone can buy for 9,000 shekels and everything is fine. By the way, Wonder Woman is amazonian, and historically accurate amazonian women actually had only one breast. So, if I’d really go “by the book”…it’d be problematic."

[On preparing for the role] "It’s the physical preparations that I’m starting now. A very serious training regime – Kung Fu, kickboxing, swords, jujutsu, Brazilian…1,000 and 1 things…I’ll gain body mass."

Gal Gadot on Wonder Woman Casting, Fan Criticism for Her Look, Training & More

Update: December 18, 2013

Joaquin Phoenix Wanted for BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN Villain Role

(Posted first by Philippou4life in the BvS thread)

[​IMG]

Warner Bros. and director Zack Snyder are aiming very, very high for the villain role in the upcoming Man of Steel follow-up Batman vs. Superman. With the casting of Ben Affleck as an older, weathered Batman, the studio turned plenty of heads, and they recently tapped Gal Gadot to play Wonder Woman in what is likely the first of many feature film appearances by the female superhero. Directly after the release of Man of Steel, fans assumed that Snyder and Co. would be bringing iconic Superman villain Lex Luthor into the mix for the follow-up, and indeed Easter Eggs hidden in Man of Steel pointed to Luthor’s existence in the DC cinematic universe.

As Snyder prepares to begin production on Batman vs. Superman early next year, he’s swinging for the fences when it comes to casting what is very possibly the Luthor role by extending an offer to one Joaquin Phoenix. Variety is reporting that Warner Bros. wants Joaquin Phoenix for a key role in Batman vs. Superman, which is believed to be the main villain. While previous reports have mentioned Jason Momoa and Callan Mulvey in connection with antagonistic roles in Batman vs. Superman, they’re said to be in contention for characters other than the film’s main villain, which sources tell Variety could be Lex Luthor.

WB Wants Joaquin Phoenix for Possible Lex Luthor Role in BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN

Update: December 9, 2013

Jason Momoa in Talks to Join BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN

(Posted first by Hyperglide)

[​IMG]

Jason Momoa (Game of Thrones, Conan the Barbarian) is in negotiations to join the cast of the untitled Batman-Superman movie being made by Warner Bros. and DC Entertainment, sources tell The Hollywood Reporter. Zack Snyder is directing the Man of Steel follow-up, which is quickly turning into a who’s who of DC superheroes as Momoa joins Henry Cavill as Superman, Ben Affleck as Batman and Israeli supermodel and relative newcomer Gal Godot as Wonder Woman.

It's unclear whom Momoa will play due to the Kryptonite lock on the project’s details. There's been speculation that the movie's villain could be Doomsday, a Kryptonian scientifically engineered into an intergalactic killing machine. Doomsday famously “killed” Superman in the comics, which became a media event in 1992. The character's existence is even hinted in the extras of the Man of Steel Blu-ray.

However, a source speculated that if Warners is populating the movie with members of the Justice League, Momoa could also play the Martian Manhunter, a super-powered alien trapped on Earth. Momoa, with his muscular physique, could be a fit for either character.

Jason Momoa in Talks to Join Batman-Superman; Possible Martian Manhunter Role

Update: December 4, 2013

THE FLASH Reportedly to Appear in BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN

[​IMG]

When Warner Bros. announced Gal Gadot had been cast as Wonder Woman earlier today, she was the only additional superhero that Warner Bros. officially announced for the film. However, Variety is reporting that the Flash is also a lock to appear in some manner in Batman Vs. Superman. Variety is unsure of whether Flash will have a substantial role or just a cameo.

Even though Arrow and Flash executive producer Greg Berlanti indicated there had been no discussions so far about connecting the DC TV Universe with the DC Cinematic Universe, there is always the possibility that could change down the road. Stephen Amell has become quite popular in the Arrow role, and if fans embrace Grant Gustin as Flash, who knows what could happen.

THE FLASH Reportedly Confirmed to Appear in BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN

Callan Mulvey Eyed for Villain Role in BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN

[​IMG]

Warner Bros. is making moves on Batman vs. Superman. The studio just announced that Fast & Furious star Gal Gadot will be playing Wonder Woman opposite Ben Affleck’s Batman and Henry Cavill’s Superman in the film, and now it appears they have their sights set on casting the pic’s villain. Though the working title would lead us to believe that Batman and Superman’s relationship will at one point be contentious, the film will also have a proper villain. Now that Wonder Woman is set, director Zack Snyder can focus on casting that role, and one of the contenders is reportedly Callan Mulvey.

Embedded in their story about the Wonder Woman casting, Variety reports that Callan Mulvey is “someone Warner Bros. is eyeing” to play the antagonist in Batman vs. Superman. The New Zealand actor had a small role in Zero Dark Thirty, but he has larger roles in the upcoming sequels 300: Rise of an Empire and Captain America: The Winter Soldier. The nature of the villain in Batman vs. Superman is being kept firmly under wraps.

Rumors have swirled recently that Doomsday might be the Big Bad in Batman vs. Superman, and the character would certainly make for a formidable opponent that would necessitate Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman’s talents.

300 Sequel Star Callan Mulvey Eyed for Villain Role in BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN

Link to previous thread:

SUPERMAN/BATMAN Official Thread 2.0

Last edited: Dec 28, 2013
  2. Dragonlordxxxxx

Gal Gadot Cast as Wonder Woman in BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN

(Posted first by Xion385)

[​IMG]

It’s official, folks! Actress Gal Gadot has been cast in the role of Wonder Woman for the upcoming Warner Bros. superhero film sequel known popularly as Batman vs. Superman. Gadot is best known for her role as Gisele Harrabo in the Fast & Furious franchise, and as a former Miss Universe contestant as Miss Israel. Warner Bros. officially made the casting announcement today. It’s unclear whether we’ll just see shades of the superhero character in the pic or if we’ll get to see plenty of Wonder Woman in action, but Zack Snyder had this to say about the casting:

“Wonder Woman is arguably one of the most powerful female characters of all time and a fan favorite in the DC Universe. Not only is Gal an amazing actress, but she also has that magical quality that makes her perfect for the role. We look forward to audiences discovering Gal in the first feature film incarnation of this beloved character.”

Gadot is an Israeli-born actress best known for her role as Gisele in the last three Fast & Furious films. This will be her first starring role in a feature film and is also no doubt the beginning of a series of appearances by Wonder Woman, likely in Justice League and a Wonder Woman franchise.

It's Official: Gal Gadot Cast as Wonder Woman in BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN

Update: December 3, 2013

Rumor: Doomsday to Appear in BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN?

[​IMG]

The same Warner Bros. producer who suggested that Robin won’t be speaking to Batman and there will be drones in Batman Vs. Superman has offered up some more possible tidbits via Twitter. Over the last day, Hitman producer Daniel Alter has tweeted hints that Doomsday, Wonder Woman, and Nightwing will be in Batman Vs. Superman. Alter’s tweet is somewhat vague, only noting, “Need to talk to some people tnite about #doomsday in #BatmanvsSuperman.”

Of course, the Wonder Woman and Nightwing rumors have been swirling for several weeks, but there haven’t been many Doomsday rumors. Back in November, it was reported that there was a Doomsday Easter Egg in the Man of Steel Blu-Ray extras. Of course, Doomsday really seems like a villain that Warner Bros. would save for either Justice League or a later Superman movie, but maybe the groundwork for his appearance could be laid in Batman Vs. Superman.

[Update: Alter has clarified that he is “not speaking as a representative/involved in #BatmanvsSuperman. Just a fan/in the biz/hear things..”]

BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN To Feature Wonder Woman, Nightwing and Doomsday?

Update: November 18, 2013

Christian Bale's Advice for Ben Affleck on Playing BATMAN

[​IMG]

In an interview with MTV, Christian Bale said, “It’s an interesting thing, you know what I mean. We were finished. Chris [Nolan] and I said before we started making Dark Knight Rises, ‘This is it. This is the finale. We’re going out.’ When we did the press for Dark Knight Rises, we said, ‘This is it. We’re going out.’ And then a year later, people said, ‘That’s it? You’re going out?’ And we went, ‘We’ve kind of been saying that for a couple of years.’”

In regards to the voice he used for Batman, Bale explained that he changed the voice because he wanted to become a beast to sell the idea of Batman to himself. Bale added, “[The voice] ain’t for everybody. Ben’s obviously going to have to do his own thing, but it was the only way that I could find how to get into that and to justify wearing the fricking Batsuit. Otherwise, he’s just loopy beyond belief. He’s loopy, but he’s loopy with a method to his madness.”

Christian Bale Advises Ben Affleck That His Bat-Voice Ain’t For Everybody

Update: November 15, 2013

Latest BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN Rumor Hints at Bat Drones

[​IMG]

A producer with ties to Warner Bros. has tweeted a message that’s being taken by some as insider knowledge on Zack Snyder's Batman Vs. Superman. The tweet seems to suggest that Ben Affleck’s older and world-weary Batman may be headed into Kingdom Come territory, dispatching automatons to do his night patrols for him while he controls them en masse from the Batcave. Daniel Alter teased, "Can't wait for #BatmanvsSuperman.. #batfleck semi-retired/not speaking to Robin anymore.. Controlling drones from the batcave."

For those who don’t remember, that’s something that happened in Mark Waid's Kingdom Come. Batman was already alienated from Dick Grayson (then Red Robin), a situation that only got worse when Dick teamed up with Superman and Wonder Woman to re-form the Justice League while Batman was pursuing other means of bringing peace to the world. His massive Bat-robots, one of the coolest early images in the series, were in the comic a substitute for Bruce, who was older and whose body had been damaged by years of jumping from rooftop to rooftop.

Latest BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN Rumor Hints at Bat Drones Similar to Kingdom Come

Update: November 13, 2013

Lex Luthor, Flash and Casting Details for BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN?

[​IMG]

Last week during a Man of Steel Fan Event, director Zack Snyder said that Lex Luthor loves calling Superman an "alien" in Batman Vs. Superman, hinting at the character's xenophobic characteristics. Today, CBM's Nailbiter has some inside scoop on Lex Luthor, as well as casting and other character details including an appearance by The Flash.

First, Snyder's Lex Luthor's motivations will be rooted on his belief that Superman is not good for mankind. The Lex that you will see, will resemble characteristics from Grant Morrison's All-Star Superman. The video below is what you can expect from Zack Snyder's Lex. Luthor is described as the pride of Metropolis. The people love him. He is a very smart man and has a lot of charisma. Lex likes to dabble in "fringe" science. This is the side of him the people of Metropolis do not see. In one particular scene, Lex will ask his LexCorp scientists if they can recreate Kryptonian armor. Lex says to them, "When the world realizes what he truly is, they will need someone to stand up to him." When one of scientists ask if he is that someone, Lex replies, "Is there any other person who can?"

Recently, Terry O'Quinn (Lost) was reported to be in the mix for Lex Luthor, but CBM is told that he was never considered for the part at anytime. James Purefroy (Rome, The Following) was contacted about playing Lex Luthor, but wanted absolutely nothing to do with it.

Bruce Wayne is getting a love interest in the film, but WB really wants to cast an African-American actress for the part. Ben Affleck will be reading with several actresses this very week to see if they have chemistry. This will be a committed relationship, not just a one night stand. It's so serious, that she will know Bruce's superhero identity.

The Flash will appear but he will not be in costume for the movie. The Flash will only be seen as Barry Allen. Same goes for Wonder Woman. She will not be wearing her costume in this film, and will only be known as Diana. The CW is developing a Flash television series, which is a spinoff from Arrow, starring Grant Gustin as Barry Allen/Flash. WB wants Gustin to make the cameo as Barry Allen in the film, but it all depends on how the audience reacts to him when he makes his debut on the small screen later this year. If sentiment is positive Gustin's in, but if it's negative they will find someone else for the Barry Allen cameo.

Lex Luthor, Flash and Casting Details for BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN?

3. Dragonlordxxxxx

Update: November 11, 2013

Batman's Costume Influenced by Jim Lee's Blue and Gray Suit?

[​IMG]

Earlier today, it was reported that Kevin Smith discussed Ben Affleck's Batman costume on his weekly Hollywood Babble-On podcast. He reveals that director Zack Snyder showed Kevin an image of Ben Affleck wearing the new Batman costume for Batman Vs. Superman. When vaguely describing what he saw, he mentioned that it won't be "matrixy black armor," like in past Batman films. He added, "It seemed like it was very [Redacted] Influenced." What was redacted? Now, we might know. Batman-News (via CBT) reports that a fan who was at the live recording says that it was “Jim Lee” that got bleeped on the podcast.

Legendary comic book artist, Jim Lee has had quite a bit of influence on Batman's costume over the years. When he first worked on the Caped Crusader, It was for Batman: Hush (2002-2003). Which was a 12-issue run, written by Jeph Loeb. For that, Lee designed a blue and gray costume. Lee also re-designed the Batsuit for DC Comics' 2011 revamp, The New 52. It's more of the standard black and gray variety. It's assumed Smith was referring to the blue and gray costume since he made such a point of saying it's not "matrixy black armor."

Will Batman's Costume in BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN Be Jim Lee's Blue and Gray Suit?

Update: November 6, 2013

Rumor: Dick Grayson/Nightwing to Appear in MAN OF STEEL 2?

[​IMG]

The rumors continue to fly over Batman vs. Superman. Earlier today, Schmoes Know reported that Warner Bros. was testing Olga Kurylenko for the role of Wonder Woman in the Zack Snyder-directed film. Now, El Mayimbe from Latino Review is reporting that Dick Grayson a.k.a. Nightwing might appear in Man of Steel sequel. According to Mayimbe's agencies source, the studio is looking for a young John Hawkes type actor. Hawkes is an American actor known for his portrayal of the merchant Sol Star on the HBO series Deadwood, Dustin Powers on Eastbound & Down, and Academy Award-nominated performance as the menacing backwoods meth addict Teardrop in Winter's Bone.

Mayimbe's stunts sources also reveal that there's a callout for a 5'10" Caucasian guy who can do martial arts. There has been several names already auditioning for this role. Last September, Warner Bros. CEO confirmed that this version of the Dark Knight will be "tired, weary and seasoned", so it is possible that Batman had a sidekick back then who grew up to become Nightwing. Mayimbe is also saying that Dick Grayson and Bruce Wayne had a falling out and haven't spoken in years. That's the end of Mayimbe's report. Cue in "This is going to be a clusterfuck" and "This movie is going to suck hard" rants.

Update: October 28, 2013

New Details on the Ben Affleck's Costume and Batmobile Design

[​IMG]

A week ago, a source for Batman on Film, informed the site that the Batmobile is being designed and built by General Motors at the GM Advanced Design Studio in North Hollywood. Their source, stressed that the new Batmobile would not look like the Tumbler, as seen in Chris Nolan's Batman trilogy. Today, according to CBM's source, General Motor is indeed working on the Batmobile designs, and that production designer Nathan Crowley and engineers Chris Culvert and Andy Smith, have been consulting on the designs. All three previously worked on Nolan's Batman trilogy. They were responsible for converting Nolan's "crude" Play-Doh design of the Tumbler into the Lamborghini/tank-like vehicle that it became.

CBM also has a bit of info about Batman's cowl. The source reveals that current cowl designs resemble the Caped Crusader's look in Batman: No

4. Dragonlordxxxxx

Update: October 15, 2013

Kevin Smith's Advice for Ben Affleck on Playing Batman

[​IMG]

Kevin Smith: "In terms of giving advice to play Batman, you put on that rubber mask, you don't really do a lot of talking, and when you do, people usually bitch because they're like, 'I hate that voice!' — and everyone does the voice! Everyone drops down and [lowers his voice] talks like this."

"So my only piece of advice would be to stay away from that voice. Don’t try to do that Batman voice yourself. I would insist that they work something into the script where, in the cowl, there’s a voice modulator that lays against his voice box and when you hear him speak, it’s this other worldly, sound-mixed, creepy tone that you could fill a room with. When you’re just a guy going, [low voice] 'I'm gonna beat you,' you sound ridiculous. But if you’re a guy whose voice is being treated in after-effects and audio, and it has this strange resonance that doesn’t sound like Ben Affleck and sounds more like a Cylon, that would be a little more terrifying if I was a criminal — and answers the question about the stupid Batman voice. So if I was him, my advice would be to push for a voice modulator."

Kevin Smith's Advice for Ben Affleck on Playing Batman in the MAN OF STEEL Sequel

Update: October 14, 2013

SUPERMAN 75th Anniversary Animated Short Released Online

[​IMG]

During the Superman 75th Anniversary Panel at the 2013 New York Comic Con, Warner Bros. screened the Superman 75th Anniversary animated short, which was crafted by Man Of Steel’s Zack Snyder and animator Bruce Timm. Fans in attendance were warned not to videotape the short, but Warner Bros. has now released the short online through Entertainment Weekly. Click over to EW to check out the animated short [Update: YouTube video now available below].

The short features animated takes on the Siegel & Shuster Superman, the classic Fleischer animated shorts, the live-action George Reeves and Christopher Reeve Superman portrayals and versions by comic book artists like Neal Adams, John Byrne, Dan Jurgens and Jim Lee. Specific storylines that appear in the short include Superman’s classic ’70s boxing match with Muhammad Ali, the Death of Superman and the Superman Red/Superman Blue storyline from the ’90s, as well as a glimpse at the New 52.

The animated short will also be available on the upcoming Man of Steel Blu-ray Combo Pack, which is set to be released on November 12, 2013.

Zack Snyder and Bruce Timm's SUPERMAN 75th Anniversary Animated Short

Update: October 8, 2013

Rumor: Larry David to Play Mr. Mxyzptlk in MAN OF STEEL 2?

[​IMG]

There was uproar when Ben Affleck was cast as the new Batman, but he’s taking the role and running with it — and wants pal Larry David (HBO's Curb Your Enthusiasm) to make an appearance in the movie also, RadarOnline.com is exclusively reporting. According to an insider, the Brentwood, Calif. neighbors have been talking about the idea of David playing the role of Superman’s enemy, Mr. Myxlplyx, in the Man of Steel sequel that features both Batman and Superman. The insider revealed:

"The pair chatted about the idea with earnest abandon throughout the course of Emmy weekend. Larry has long been courted by the big budget superhero industrial complex, being linked to roles in the Sam Raimi Spider-Man sequels nearly a decade ago. But Ben is somebody he trusts and enjoys spending time with. Fun speculation that it could be for the famed Superman enemy role of Mr. Myxlplyx. Ben and his personality are taking over this whole production — he could come out of this with a producer credit."

Rumor: Ben Affleck Wants Larry David to Play Mr. Mxyzptlk in Batman Vs Superman?

Update: September 28, 2013

David Goyer on Who'd Win Between Batman Against Superman

[​IMG]

When the still-untitled sequel to Man of Steel hits screens in 2015, movie audiences are likely to finally get an answer to the often asked question: Who would win in a fight: Superman or Batman? The real answer, of course, is "the fans," but Man of Steel screenwriter David Goyer is offering some hints on his personal feelings on the subject.

Goyer said, "Most comic book purists would say Batman, because he’s the ultimate strategist, even though it makes no sense whatsoever. If Superman just flicked his finger, Batman would be done for. I don’t know. You’ll have to watch the film in a year and a half or whatnot when it comes out to see what happens."

He also addressed the issue of fan expectations for the movie, saying, "If you try to think about what the fans like, or what the audience would like, then you stop being creative. It’s sort of like, where does it end?" Those making the movie are "conscious of the fan point of view," he said, but "you have to write the story you want to write and hope that people want to see it."

Screenwriter David Goyer on Who Would Win in a Fight Between Batman and Superman

Update: September 25, 2013

Rumor: Wonder Woman Might Appear in BATMAN VS SUPERMAN?

[​IMG]

A few weeks ago, Latino Review reported that Warner Bros. was looking for an actress in their late 20s, open to all ethnicities and someone who is both tall and possesses physicality to play Bruce Wayne's love interest in the Man of Steel sequel. Today, Bleeding Cool has posted some details from a Warner Bros. casting call that's apparently doing the rounds with the agencies right now. They don't give too much away, but they do say that there's chatter going on in certain circles that this is in fact for the role of Princess Diana of Themyscira, better known as Wonder Woman!

According to Bleeding Cool, she’ll be somewhere between 25 to 35 – or at least leave the impression of a woman in that age range, whatever that might be. The casting call is very specific about that the actress must be physically strong. The discussion in some agencies is that they’re sending up candidates for the role of Wonder Woman. They don’t know that it’s her, it’s just become their expectation, or at least a rumor that’s colored their conception.

This could very well be WB's way of moving things along with that Justice League flick without having to give Diana her own solo movie first. Then again, introducing both Batman AND Wonder Woman into the Man of Steel sequel might be a bit much.

Rumor: Could We Actually See WONDER WOMAN In The BATMAN/SUPERMAN Movie?

Update: September 24, 2013

Fox Moving Forward with GOTHAM; Focuses on James Gordon

[​IMG]

In one of the biggest drama deals this season, after a bidding war, Fox has landed Gotham, from Warner Bros. TV and The Mentalist creator Bruno Heller, with a series commitment. For Gotham, Warner Bros TV is mining one of DC Comics‘ most popular character universes, Batman. It explores the origin stories of Commissioner James Gordon and the villains that made Gotham famous. In Gotham, Gordon is still a detective with the Gotham City Police Department and is yet to meet Batman who will not be part of the series.

The Gordon character was introduced in 1939 in the very first Batman comic. Created by Bill Finger and Bob Kane, Commissioner Gordon has appeared in comic books as well as Batman films and series, including in Christopher Nolan’s Dark Knight trilogy where he was played by Gary Oldman. Along with the Superman franchise, the Batman universe is probably the most prized DC property. While Superman spawned the long-running series Smallville, this is the first series featuring a character from the world of Batman in a very long time as WBTV had been exploring a Gotham City-set show for more than a year.

Fox Nabs Gotham City Origin Drama About Commissioner Gordon - Deadline

5. Dragonlordxxxxx

Update: September 21, 2013

Christian Bale's BATMAN BEGINS Audition in Val Kilmer's Batsuit

[​IMG]

With The Dark Knight Trilogy: Ultimate Collector’s Edition set to be released on Tuesday, several clips from the bonus features are being released early online. A new featurette is released which shows Christian Bale auditioning for Batman Begins wearing Val Kilmer's Batsuit and acting opposite future Lois Lane, Amy Adams. Entertainment Weekly also has a clip showing Christopher Nolan and various Warner Bros. executives talk about Nolan landing the Batman directing job. “When I went in and talked to them about it, it was very open,” said Nolan. “Now, that’s a great opportunity particularly for a writer/director.

Former Warner Bros. President Jeff Robinov explained, “Chris came in and said, ‘Look, this is what I want to do in the movie. This is what I want to do with it visually. This is where I think the character needs to go. I think it’s going to be different than any superhero movie anybody’s seen before. And what I really want to do is take that genre and embrace it as a real film genre.’”

Warner Bros. President Of Production Greg Silverman added, “The pitch that Chris had was so…it was quick. It was ten or fifteen minutes. But it was so holistic, and it really was Batman Begins.” Batman Begins wound up getting greenlit just from Nolan’s fifteen minute original pitch.

Click HERE to see pics of Anne Hathaway's audition for Catwoman and HERE for Cillian Murphy dressed as Batman.

Chris Nolan Landed Batman Begins Directing Job With 15 Minute Pitch

Update: September 16, 2013

Ben Affleck Finally Comments on Playing the New BATMAN

[​IMG]

While the Internet has been distracted by the thought of Justin Bieber playing Robin, Ben Affleck has finally come forward to talk about being cast as Batman. In an appearance on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon on Monday night, Affleck talks about how Warner Bros. called him up and questioned if they really wanted to cast him, because he’s not 25 any more, However, Warner Bros. invited him to meet with director Zack Snyder to hear his plans and showed him some Internet reactions to past castings.

"It's so awesome, I'm so excited. They called me up and said 'do you want to do this', and I'm like, 'I'm not 25 man are you sure?'. So they said to come down and we'll show you what we're doing, and it was incredible. Zack has this incredible take on it..obviously we can't do what Christian (Bale) did, those movies are amazing, so he wants to do something different but still in keeping with that."

"I was like I’m a big boy. I can handle the Emmy snub. I can handle anything. I saw the announcement. I look on this thing. I look down at the first comment, Ben Affleck’s going to be Batman, and the first one just goes, 'Nooooooooooooooooooo!'"

"Part of it is like when you see the materials and see the take, it’s going to be a hard thing to describe without giving away the story and giving away what it is. But I really feel like I have a lot of opportunities now, which is really great. This is something that’s really exciting."

Ben Affleck Finally Comments on Playing Batman on Jimmy Fallon

Update: September 13, 2013

Justin Bieber Teases Playing Robin in BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN

[​IMG]

On Friday night, Justin Bieber posted a purported photo (click HERE to see the pic) of the David S. Goyer and Zack Snyder script for Batman vs. Superman (a.k.a. Man of Steel 2) to his Instagram account. The accompanying hashtag? #Robin. Whether or not this is a hoax or the actual script is unclear. Fans should note, however, that hours before the Instagram post, Bieber tweeted that he was perhaps doing something for Funny or Die: "Off to do something funny or...die"

According to The Wrap, a source “with knowledge of the real script assured TheWrap that the photo Bieber Instagrammed over the weekend is not authentic — and is most likely part of an upcoming Funny or Die sketch.” They added for good measure that “Bieber will not be playing Robin in Warner Bros.’ 2015 supermashup, he doesn’t have a copy of the script, has never read it, it probably doesn’t even fully exist yet, and if it did, Warner Bros. isn’t showing it to anyone.”

Justin Bieber Posts Photo Of 'Batman Vs. Superman' Script, Alludes To Robin Role

Update: September 12, 2013

Ben Affleck's BATMAN Will Be 'Tired and Weary and Seasoned'

[​IMG]

Earlier today at the Bank of America Merrill Lynch 2013 Media, Communications & Entertainment Conference in Beverly Hills, Warner Bros. CEO Kevin Tsujihara praised director Zack Snyder and incoming Batman actor Ben Affleck, saying that the film has a particular vision that makes Affleck the best possible choice regardless of online criticism.

“Ben is perfect for the vision Zack has for that character,” Tsujihara said, describing the film’s take on Batman as “tired and weary and seasoned and been doing it for a while.” He added, “The fact that you saw such a passionate response in the blogosphere is really kind of a testament to the love that people have for this character,” he said. “We think it’s going to be huge.”

“Ben is perfect for the vision Zack has for that character. The fact that you saw such a passionate response in the blogosphere is really kind of a testament to the love that people have for this character,” Tsujihara said.

Warner Bros. CEO Says Ben Affleck's Batman Will Be 'Tired and Weary and Seasoned'

Update: September 10, 2013

Zack Snyder Reteams with Larry Fong for MAN OF STEEL 2

[​IMG]

The Man of Steel sequel is all set to be a reunion between director Zack Snyder and Larry Fong, his frequent cinematographer who sat out the Superman movie but will be behind the camera on Superman vs. Batman. Director of photography Fong first worked with Snyder on his sophomore feature, 300, and the duo went on to collaborate on Watchmen and Sucker Punch. The cinematographer's credits include Super 8 and this summer's Now You See Me, as well as many a music video with Snyder.

Despite their history together, Fong was unable to team up with Snyder on Man of Steel. Instead, the collateral damage-filled DC Comics adventure was lensed by Amir Mokri, who is currently hard at work shooting next summer's Transformers: Age of Extinction with Michael Bay. Warner Bros. hasn't made any official announcement including Larry Fong, but the cinematographer's resume at Worldwide Production Agency has been updated with Batman vs. Superman as his most recent credit. Whatever it ends up being called, Batman vs. Superman is scheduled to hit theaters on July 17, 2015.

Zack Snyder Reteams with Cinematographer Larry Fong for MAN OF STEEL 2

Last edited: Nov 4, 2013
  6. Dragonlordxxxxx

Update: September 7, 2013

Josh Brolin Confirms He Was in Talks to Play BATMAN

[​IMG]

Last month, it was announced that Ben Affleck was set to play Batman in the Zack Snyder's upcoming Man of Steel sequel, but we did hear a few casting rumors along the way. Chief among them was word that Snyder had originally been eyeing Josh Brolin to tackle the character. While speaking about his new film Labor Day at the 2013 Toronto International Film Festival, Brolin indeed confirmed that he was in early talks to play Batman in Batman vs. Superman, but things didn’t “turn out.” Talking with the Huffington Post, Brolin was asked if he had conversations with Snyder about playing Batman and also commented on the fan outrage over Affleck’s casting::

“We did. I didn’t have conversations about it, but Zack [Snyder], that was part of his idea. It just didn’t turn out. It’s OK. It is OK. You know, another scenario might have worked better, but I’m happy for Ben.”

“I’ve never seen such a global reaction in my life. I feel for him, truly. I would not want to be him right now. The reaction becomes so personal. It’s like, ‘Fuck this guy, I wish he was dead.’ And you’re like, ‘What? Dude, seriously? This guy is just working like you are. He’s doing the same thing you are. He’s trying to make the best choices he can.’”

Josh Brolin Confirms He Was in Talks to Play Batman in MAN OF STEEL Follow-Up

Update: September 4, 2013

Warner Bros. Looking for a Tall Love Interest for BATMAN

[​IMG]

While we still might not know if Lex Luthor is going to be in the upcoming Batman Vs. Superman movie (not yet officially titled), there is some other casting news that has leaked online. Latino Review is reporting that Warner Bros. is looking for an actress in “their late 20s and are open to all ethnicities.” They are also specifying that they need someone “who is both tall and possesses physicality.”

One thought that might immediately spring to mind given the tall and physicality requirement is that Warner Bros is casting their Wonder Woman, which is a possibility that Latino Review mentions. However, for such a high profile role as Wonder Woman, would Warner Bros. really send out an open casting notice or would they have specific actresses in mind that they would call in to audition?

The other theory that Latino Review suggests is that this new casting notice is for a love interest for Batman. It would definitely make sense from the perspective of that Ben Affleck is around 6′4″ so Warner Bros. would need a tall actress that he wouldn’t tower over to play his girlfriend. Also, supporting the theory that the casting notice is for Batman’s girlfriend is that Jeff Sneider of The Wrap recently tweeted, “And now we turn our attention to that pesky STAR WARS: EPISODE VII “rumor” & the “tall woman” Warner Bros. wants for Batman’s love interest.”

Warner Bros. Looking For A Tall Love Interest For Batman Or Maybe Wonder Woman

Update: September 1, 2013

Bryan Cranston Debunks Lex Luthor Casting for MAN OF STEEL 2

[​IMG]

Last week, the untrustworthy fan site Cosmic Book News reported that Breaking Bad star Bryan Cranston is set to play Lex Luthor for Man of Steel sequel and has signed a 6-picture contract to reprise the character in future DC films. Despite telling everybody in Sherdog that this report was bogus, the news spread like wildfire on the internet that even some credible sites cautiously posted it as well. During a recent chat with the Globe, the Emmy award-winning actor debunks the rumors that he has signed a multi-pic deal to portray Superman's arch-enemy.

"I’ve heard that too. Six [films]?", Cranston laughed. "This is all news to me. I think that maybe my name is bandied about because I’m known to be bald. ‘What bald guy can we get?’ The reality is they can take any actor and shave his head or put a bald cap on him."

When asked if he would consider calling Gene Hackman for advice on playing Luthor, Cranston said with a laugh, "I can just see how that phone call would go. 'Gene? Hi, this is Bryan Cranston.' 'Who? Bryan Cranston? What do you want? How did you get this number?'"

Update: August 31, 2013

Kevin Smith Says Ben Affleck Will Be a Better Batman Than Bale

[​IMG]

In his latest podcast, Kevin Smith describes Ben Affleck being cast as Batman as the greatest thing that ever happened. He waxes poetically about Affleck’s love of Batman, describing in detail a Batcave entrance that Ben Affleck built in his old house. He even theorizes that Affleck took the role so he can be like Robert Downey Jr. and have kids look up to him. However, as beloved as Christian Bale was as the Batman, Smith pointed out some areas where he thinks Affleck will make for a better Batman than Bale.

“A lot of people, even as much as they love Bale and Nolan’s Batman, everyone picked universally on the voice,” said Smith. “But every actor does the voice differently, when they’re Bruce Wayne, they speak in their normal voice, as Batman they drop a few octaves or try something else.”

As far as Affleck’s Batman, Smith suggests that they have him reveal that he’s using a voice modulator, which would allow them to change around his voice in post-production and make it really ‘creepy.’

In addition to improving on the voice, Smith also thinks Ben Affleck could do a better job with some of Batman’s lines. In specific, Smith points to a scene in The Dark Knight Rises, where Bane asks Batman, “So you’ve come back to die with your city?” In response, Batman says, “No, I come back to stop you!” Smith describes Batman’s response as “one of the worst lines in cinema history.”

Smith claims, “With the Batfleck that will never happen, he will always have something to say in that moment, where you will be like, ‘That’s smooth. That’s Affleck.’”

Will Ben Affleck Make A Better Batman Than Christian Bale? Kevin Smith Seems To Think So

Update: August 29, 2013

Justin Timberlake Wants to Play The Riddler to Affleck’s Batman

[​IMG]

While Bryan Cranston appears to have been fan cast into the role of Lex Luthor in Batman Vs. Superman, Justin Timberlake has just thrown his name into the ring to play a Batman villain. In an interview with Fresh 102.7, Timberlake was asked if he had any interest in playing Robin. Timberlake said, “Not a chance in hell. I ain’t playin’ Robin. I have no aspiration to ever be a superhero in a movie. I just don’t”

While Robin isn’t Timberlake’s cup of tea, he did have an interest in another Batman related role. Timberlake said, “Now VILLAIN! I’ll tell you the villain I want to play more than anything because I grew up loving Batman, funny enough, is the Riddler. The Riddler is my favorite villain. The Riddler was like a sociopath. He was proper crazy. So if I’m gonna play crazy, I’m wanna play like proper crazy. I’’m ready. The Riddler. Gimme a call.”

Timberlake has been quite successful in his acting career. He’s been one of the best hosts of Saturday Night Live in recent memory, and he was great in The Social Network. He is also appearing in Runner Runner with Ben Affleck, which is set to be released on October 4, 2013.

Justin Timberlake Interested in Playing The Riddler in SUPERMAN/BATMAN Movie

7. Dragonlordxxxxx

Update: August 29, 2013

Zack Snyder's SUPERMAN/BATMAN Movie to Film in Michigan

[​IMG]

Press Release: The Michigan Film Office announced today that the next DC Entertainment Super Hero movie from Warner Bros. Pictures has been approved for a film incentive from the state. The film, from director Zack Snyder, brings together the two greatest Super Heroes of all time—Superman and Batman—for the first time on the big screen.

Production on the new film is expected to begin in metro Detroit and throughout Michigan sometime in the first quarter of 2014. Snyder is co-writing the story with David S. Goyer, who is writing the screenplay. Charles Roven and Deborah Snyder are producing the film, which will star Henry Cavill, Ben Affleck, Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne and Diane Lane.

The as-yet-untitled feature film was awarded an incentive of $35 million on $131 million of projected in-state expenditures. The production is expected to hire 406 Michigan workers, with a full time equivalent of 426 jobs, plus an additional 6,000 man/days of extra work. The production anticipates using approximately 500 local Michigan vendors during the course of production and spending $5.1 million on local hotels, as well as an additional $3.5 million in out-of-town cast and crew per diem payments that will be spent in the local economy but which fall outside of the incentive program.

The Superman/Batman movie hits theaters on July 17, 2015.

Update: August 26, 2013

Impressive Fan-Made Trailer for SUPERMAN/BATMAN Movie

A very impressive fan-made teaser trailer for the untitled Man of Steel sequel has landed online. The teaser gives us a preview of Ben Affleck playing Bruce Wayne/Batman and Bryan Cranston as Lex Luthor. It starts out sluggish but things get moving very fast once Affleck shows up onscreen.

Update: August 24, 2013

Bryan Cranston NOT Confirmed as Lex Luthor in MAN OF STEEL 2

[​IMG]

A number of sites have been racing to put up a headline stating unequivocally that Bryan Cranston has been confirmed to play Lex Luthor in Man of Steel 2. All of this is based on an unsourced report coming from the notoriously unreliable Cosmicbooknews, claiming to confirm an earlier rumor that had Cranston and Mark Strong as the top contenders. While some of the details make sense, there are others that sound as if they were cooked up to try and make the story sound legit.

Cosmic Book News reported that Cranston locked up for a six-picture deal as Lex Luthor and that Warner Bros. wants to wait until after the Breaking Bad series finale to make the announcement. This would leave the door open for Strong to reprise his role as Green Lantern villain Sinestro. The site also says that Affleck was signed to a whopping 13-picture deal and that 25-year-old Teen Wolf star Tyler Hoechlin was given heavy consideration for Batman. In the final ridiculous twist in an already shaky report, it says WB is seeking Matt Damon to join the Justice League as either Aquaman or Martian Manhunter.

Like all stories of this nature, there are kernels of possibility in there, just enough to make it worth paying attention to but not enough to take seriously. Cranston could certainly end up as Lex Luthor; he has a relationship with the studio, appearing in Affleck's Argo and starring in Godzilla. Plus he's one of the most sought-after character actors around and can obviously play a villain if called upon. It's just not true... yet, and the rest of the story sounds like complete bullshit.

Bryan Cranston NOT Confirmed to Play Lex Luthor in Zack Snyder's MAN OF STEEL Sequel

Update: August 24, 2013

Ben Affleck as BATMAN Buys Him a Lifetime of Artistic Freedom

[​IMG]

Warner Bros. recently announced that Ben Affleck is their new Bruce Wayne/Batman for the Superman/Batman team-up Man of Steel sequel set for July 17, 2015. What this buys Warner Bros. is a major added value element, one of the bigger stars of the last fifteen years playing Warner’s most iconic character, with all of the free publicity and audience awareness that comes with that. What this buys Affleck is a lifetime of artistic freedom as a producer and/or director.

While Affleck will surely get a solid payday for this, this surprise casting is basically Affleck doing a favor for the studio that distributed two of his three directorial efforts (the two, The Town and Argo, that made money, natch) and seems to truly want to turn Affleck into the second coming of Clint Eastwood. He is the rare mainstream director that can get a major studio to fund his moderately-budgeted R-rated, adult-skewing genre pictures.

With Affleck’s casting, Warner Bros. gets a major press-friendly movie star who will bring attention and interest to the Superman/Batman film far beyond the geek-friendly circles. Ben Affleck as Batman gets the film two years of periodic coverage not just in geek-centric movie websites but in every major tabloid and talk show, with fever pitch in all outlets in the months prior to release.

Playing Batman in a somewhat artistically-questionable tent-pole runs the risk of hurting his carefully cultivated acting comeback, so why risk it? The answer is “because of everything else he gets to make”. Ben Affleck just cemented his relationship with Warner Bros. by doing them the biggest favor he possibly could. And now they owe him big time. For Mr. Affleck, if the movie hits box office gold and paves the way for Justice League, Warner Bros. is basically in his debt for life.

If this works, and for the moment let’s presume it does, Ben Affleck has earned almost complete artistic freedom for any movie he ever wants to produce or direct for Warner Bros. for the rest of his natural life. Assuming Ben Affleck uses his clout to make more movies like Gone Baby Gone, this really is a win/win for all parties. Warner Bros. gets one of the biggest movie stars in the world to play their most important franchise character, while Ben Affleck gets to make whatever he damn well pleases in between stints as the Dark Knight.

Ben Affleck As Batman, And The Price Of Artistic Freedom

Update: August 23, 2013

Behind-the-Scenes on How Ben Affleck Got the Role of BATMAN

[​IMG]

Sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that the process began earlier this year, after director Zack Snyder had finished working on Man of Steel with producer Christopher Nolan. Snyder and the studio already had ideas for a follow-up, and Snyder reached out to Affleck to check the star's interest. It's unclear when exactly these talks began. Multiple sources say the studio approached other actors as well, including Josh Brolin. Ryan Gosling was also a possibility, but the actor dislikes the idea of sequels.

But Affleck was curious, and initial talks focusing on story and character began. Once Affleck was satisfied, WME's Patrick Whitesell and Ziffren Brittenham's Sam Fischer began negotiating his role in the Superman sequel. Sources say that Affleck has been signed for multiple movies, should sequels continue to proliferate. The talks were so secretive that many Warners execs and most WME agents remained unaware of their existence.

After he'd recovered from his string of bombs and turned in a bravura performance directing and starring in The Town, Fox offered him the chance to direct and star in a Daredevil reboot -- but Affleck turned it down. More recently, Nolan offered Affleck the chance to direct Man of Steel. Affleck declined, seemingly because of a desire not to return to the world of capes -- despite being an avowed comic book fan.

But it turns out Warner Bros. had other plans. And indeed, the film acts as a canny show of force by the studio, which, with one announcement, publicly threw its support behind one of its signature stars. Warners just showed Hollywood that it's still very much in the Ben Affleck business, a necessary move after his Argo took home the best picture Oscar, and after Kevin Tsujihara's ouster of Affleck champion Jeff Robinov left many of the studio’s go-to talents uneasy.

Affleck gets to be a tentpole actor again without the tentpole actor risk. Because it’s considered a sequel to Man of Steel and not a Batman movie, any potential underperformance issues won't ultimately land on his shoulders. The deal also potentially lines Affleck up to star in (and direct?) Warner Bros.' answer to The Avengers: The eventual Justice League movie.

How Ben Affleck Agreed to Play Batman and How Warner Bros. Takes Cares of Top Talent

8. Dragonlordxxxxx

Ben Affleck Working Out Two Hours a Day for BATMAN Role

[​IMG]

Ben Affleck has been cast to play Batman opposite Henry Cavill's Superman in the planned Man of Steel sequel -- and the Oscar-winning star, 41, has already begun intense training to fill the iconic superhero's suit. A source tells Us Weekly that the actor, director and father of three has been working hard to get buff -- training two hours a day to transform his physique.

Affleck follows in the footsteps of many famous men who've played Batman/Bruce Wayne on the big screen over the past quarter century: Christian Bale, Val Kilmer, George Clooney and Michael Keaton. Director Zack Snyder, who helmed this year's Man of Steel with Cavill and is returning for the July 2015 sequel as well as stars Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne and Diane Lane. The new film is being scripted by David S. Goyer from a story he co-created with Zack Snyder. The film is scheduled to hit theaters on July 17, 2015.

Ben Affleck Working Out Two Hours a Day for Batman Role in Man of Steel Sequel

Fans Start Petition to Remove Ben Affleck from Playing Batman

[​IMG]

Gandhi didn't actually say "be the change you wish to see in the world," and if he were still alive, you can bet he wouldn't place who plays Batman high on his priority list. But for a few thousand superhero fanboys and fangirls, Warner Bros.' decision to give the role to Ben Affleck is cause for red alert. This is the world that these people live in.

A new petition on Change.org demands just that -- that Affleck, who will play the role of Batman in the upcoming sequel to the Superman film Man of Steel, be stripped of his cape before he even gets to put it on. The White House's petition system (you know, the one that entertains ideas like making R. Kelly songs the national anthem) also fielded a request to make it illegal for Affleck to star as Batman, but that one was taken down as it was in violation of the White House petition system's terms of use.

Here's the justification provided: "His acting skill is not even close to being believable as Bruce Wayne and he won't do the role justice. He's not built, nor is he intimidating enough for the role of Batman. His portrayal of Daredevil was atrocious and he's not remotely close to an action star. Please find someone else."

Update: August 22, 2013

Ben Affleck is Officially Batman in SUPERMAN/BATMAN Movie

[​IMG]

Press Release: Ending weeks of speculation, Ben Affleck has been set to star as Batman, a.k.a. Bruce Wayne. Affleck and filmmaker Zack Snyder will create an entirely new incarnation of the character in Snyder’s as-yet-untitled project—bringing Batman and Superman together for the first time on the big screen and continuing the director’s vision of their universe, which he established in “Man of Steel.” The announcement was made today by Greg Silverman, President, Creative Development and Worldwide Production, and Sue Kroll, President, Worldwide Marketing and International Distribution, Warner Bros. Pictures. The studio has slated the film to open worldwide on July 17, 2015.

Last month’s surprise announcement of the new movie featuring both Superman and Batman created a wave of excitement and immediately fueled discussion and debate—among fans as well as in the media—about who would put on the cape and cowl of Bruce Wayne’s alter ego.

Snyder successfully re-imagined the origin of Clark Kent/Superman in the worldwide blockbuster “Man of Steel,” which has earned more than $650 million worldwide to date, and climbing. The director will now create an original vision of Batman and his world for the film that brings the two DC Comics icons together.

Affleck will star opposite Henry Cavill, who will reprise the role of Superman/Clark Kent. The film will also reunite “Man of Steel” stars Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne and Diane Lane.

In the announcement, Silverman stated, “We knew we needed an extraordinary actor to take on one of DC Comics’ most enduringly popular Super Heroes, and Ben Affleck certainly fits that bill, and then some. His outstanding career is a testament to his talent and we know he and Zack will bring new dimension to the duality of this character.”

Snyder also expressed his excitement about the casting of Affleck, noting, “Ben provides an interesting counter-balance to Henry’s Superman. He has the acting chops to create a layered portrayal of a man who is older and wiser than Clark Kent and bears the scars of a seasoned crime fighter, but retain the charm that the world sees in billionaire Bruce Wayne. I can’t wait to work with him.”

Kroll added, “We are so thrilled that Ben is continuing Warner Bros.’ remarkable legacy with the character of Batman. He is a tremendously gifted actor who will make this role his own in this already much-anticipated pairing of these two beloved heroes.”

The new Super Hero film is being scripted by David S. Goyer from a story he co-created with Zack Snyder. Charles Roven and Deborah Snyder are producing, with Benjamin Melniker, Michael E. Uslan and Wesley Coller serving as executive producers. Production is expected to begin in 2014.

Update: August 8, 2013

Rumor: Warner Bros. Eyeing Bryan Cranston to Play Lex Luthor

[​IMG]

Bryan Cranston is the danger. He is the one who knocks. And pretty soon, he might be knocking on Superman's door. El Mayimbe at Latino-Review.com tweeted some very obvious clues that the Breaking Bad star is the man Zack Snyder and Warner Bros. want to play Lex Luthor in the upcoming Man of Steel sequel — the same film that puts Kal-El on the Caped Crusader's radar.

The multiple Emmy-award winning actor who is about to wrap up his epic run as meth cook Walter "Heisenberg" White on Breaking Bad beginning this weekend. (Yes, in case you missed it, Cranston did voice multiple villains on Power Rangers. No telling if anything will come from Mayimbe's scoop, but one can certainly keep those fingers crossed.

“Give me a call,” Cranston says with a grin. And to hear Cranston tell it, he’s already given some thought as to getting into Luthor’s psyche. “I like Lex Luthor. I think he’s misunderstood. He’s a loveable, sweet man,” Cranston says. Should he sign up for yet another iconic hairless villain though — the film is set for release in the summer of 2015 and would likely shoot next year — at least one person might not be so thrilled: his wife. “She wasn’t so keen on the bald head,” Cranston admits. “The bald head ages a man. It’s just that she didn’t know me that way, and the last six years it’s all of a sudden like sleeping with a stranger — who was less exciting than her own husband. So I don’t blame her for being upset.”

Rumor: Bryan Cranston Being Eyed By WB to Play Lex Luthor in SUPERMAN/BATMAN

Update: August 8, 2013

Mark Strong Hints at Lex Luthor Role for SUPERMAN/BATMAN

[​IMG]

As eagle-eyed fans the world over will tell you, Man of Steel contained numerous references to LexCorp, the company run by iconic Superman villain Lex Luthor. Naturally, tongues started wagging and everyone immediately assumed that the bald baddie would play a major role in the inevitable sequel. And then the fantasy casting began. And now, Mark Strong (Green Lantern) has hinted that the role may be his.

Strong has always been a top choice for Lex Luthor by fans. However, this fan speculation officially has some ground to stand on since Digital Spy spoke with the Zero Dark Thirty actor about the possibility of taking on the role. His cryptic response? “All I can say is … watch this space.”

Now, this could mean any number of things. It could mean that Mark Strong is being seriously considered for the role of Luthor and has met with director Zack Snyder, and that a deal is currently being made. It could mean that Strong wants the role and is making sure that the appropriate parties know this. It could also mean that Strong likes to screw with everyone and is just saying nonsense.

Mark Strong Hints at Lex Luthor Role in Zack Snyder's SUPERMAN/BATMAN Movie

9. Dragonlordxxxxx

Update: August 5, 2013

WORLD'S FINEST and PUBLIC ENEMIES Possible Movie Titles

[​IMG]

Ever since screenwriter David S. Goyer revealed last month that they were considering either Superman vs. Batman or Batman vs. Superman as the possible title of the Man of Steel sequel, fanboys were up in arms over the decision not to use World's Finest instead. Published from 1941 to 1986, World's Finest is a DC comic book title that prominently features a team-up between Superman and Batman.

Today, Superman Homepage is reporting that their sources are saying that Zack Snyder is "currently more involved with movie title possibilities and how to represent the film, with the director looking at 'World's Finest' and 'Public Enemies' ideas for inspiration."

An insider from THR also says that any talk of casting is premature since the script isn't yet written. But that has not stopped studio insiders from whispering names or prevented agencies from drawing up lists of their best faces. Casting is likely to solidify in the coming weeks since Warner Bros. wants to shoot the movie in early 2014 for a 2015 release.

Update: August 3, 2013

Warner Bros. Seeking Older Batman for BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN

[​IMG]

When Warner Bros. announced they were greenlighting a Superman/Batman movie at Comic-Con, Harry Lennix read an excerpt from Frank Miller’s The Dark Knight Returns. Director Zack Snyder prefaced the moment by making it clear that they weren’t going to be adapting the comic for this next film—it was just something that was going to "help tell this story." However, Batman vs. Superman (rumored title) might share one crucial element with Miller’s graphic novel, because the folks over at Batman on Film are hearing that Warner Bros. is looking to cast an actor in his mid-40s to play a version of Batman who is "a grizzled veteran who has been on the job for several years."

If true, this wouldn’t be an incredibly surprising turn of events. Christopher Nolan has been adamant that his Dark Knight Trilogy is a standalone set of films so WB can’t exactly bank on using Christian Bale’s Batman or many elements from that series, and rebooting Batman as a younger character would force fans to sit through the origin story yet again. Goyer and Snyder are currently collaborating on the story, after which Goyer will pen the screenplay. Batman vs. Superman is set to open in Summer 2015.

Rumor: Warner Bros. Seeking Older Batman for BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN

Comments: I've been saying this for years (see my Justice League cast back in 2010) but Jon Hamm would be my No. 1 choice to play an older Batman. In light of this recent news/rumor, I think Hamm would be perfect for the role.

Update: July 31, 2013

Zack Snyder Meeting Frank Miller to Discuss SUPERMAN/BATMAN

[​IMG]

Fans were through the roof with excitement when it was revealed a couple weeks ago at San Diego Comic-Con that the Man Of Steel sequel will in fact be a Batman/Superman film (rumored to be titled Batman Vs. Superman). Included in the announcement was a quote from Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns (which director Zack Snyder said will "inform" the movie's storyline) read by actor Harry Lennix. It turns out that the acclaimed comic book writer and artist wasn't aware of the announcement beforehand, and was surprised to hear it.

Independent reports that Miller will be meeting with Snyder soon to discuss the project, and a source of the author tells the site, "Frank had no idea the announcement in San Diego was going to happen so it did come as a surprise. He’s going to be meeting up with Zack in the next few days to go over the plans for the Superman film so things should be clearer after that."

Set to begin filming early next year (reportedly in Toronto) for a Summer 2015 release, Warner Bros.' untitled Batman/Superman movie currently stars Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne and Diane Lane. The new Batman has yet to be cast. Zack Snyder is directing from a script by David S. Goyer.

Zack Snyder to Meet with Frank Miller to Discuss SUPERMAN/BATMAN Movie

Update: July 22, 2013

Batman/Superman Movie Possible Title is BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN?

[​IMG]

Comicbook.com did a little research, figuring that Warner Bros. would likely have registered the domain name that they would want to use for the title for their upcoming Superman/Batman movie. It turns out that Warner Bros. owns both SupermanVsBatman.com and BatmanVsSuperman.com, which could be used to protect comic book titles as well as movie titles. However, they found out that Warner Bros. had only registered BatmanVsSupermanMovie.com but not SupermanVsBatmanMovie.com.

Screenwriter David S. Goyer told the audience at the Superman 75th Anniversary Panel: "We’re actually not sure whether the title is Superman vs. Batman or Batman vs. Superman but yes, it’s–that rematch, that combination, the two guys onscreen and that’s happening." It’s very telling that out of all the most likely combinations with movie in the name, BatmanVsSupermanMovie.com is the only one Warner Bros. seems to own, which matches with one of the two titles that David S. Goyer narrowed it down to.

Warner Bros.' Batman/Superman Movie Possible Title is BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN?

Update: July 20, 2013

David Goyer on Possible Titles for SUPERMAN/BATMAN Movie

[​IMG]

Screenwriter David S. Goyer and Henry Cavill didn't let slip any huge details about the recently announced Superman/Batman movie at Comic-Con, but Goyer did reveal that they have yet to decide on a title for the Man of Steel sequel. "We don't know what we're going to call it yet — 'Superman vs. Batman,' 'Batman vs. Superman,' — but those two guys on screen, that's happening." World's Finest seems to be a popular choice among many fans, but that may not be the best title to help sell this movie to regular moviegoers.

When Goyer was asked whether or not he was surprised about the backlash surrounding Superman breaking General Zod's neck at the end of Man of Steel, he replied: "To a certain extent, Superman, cinematically, hadn't been reinvented since the Donner films. We will be dealing it with the coming film. He's not fully formed in [Man of Steel]. He will have to deal with the repercussions in the next film."

David Goyer Says MAN OF STEEL 2 Possible Title Will Be BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN

10. Dragonlordxxxxx

Warner Bros. Officially Announces SUPERMAN/BATMAN Movie

[​IMG]

Official Press Release: On the heels of the worldwide success of “Man of Steel,” director Zack Snyderis bringing together the two greatest Super Heroes of all time—Batman and Superman—for the first time on the big screen. The announcement was made today by Greg Silverman, President, Creative Development and Worldwide Production, and Sue Kroll, President, Worldwide Marketing and International Distribution,Warner Bros. Pictures.

The current hit, “Man of Steel,” has taken in more than $630 million at the worldwide box office to date, and climbing. Along with its star, Henry Cavill, the upcoming film brings back Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne and Diane Lane. The new Batman has yet to be cast.

Snyder is co-writing the story with David S. Goyer, who will then pen the screenplay. Production is expected to begin in 2014, with an anticipated release date in Summer 2015.

Silverman stated, “Zack Snyder is an incredibly talented filmmaker, but beyond that, he’s a fan first and he utterly gets this genre. We could not think of anyone better suited to the task of bringing these iconic Super Heroes to the screen in his own way.” Kroll added, “We are thrilled to be back in business with Zack and his team on this next movie. The success of ‘Man of Steel’ is a wonderful testament to the love and support that both fans and new audiences, worldwide, have for these characters. We are very excited to see what Zack has in store for all of us.”

Zack Snyder Announces SUPERMAN/BATMAN Movie at Comic-Con

[​IMG]

At the end of Warner Bros.’ massive San Diego Comic-Con panel, Zack Snyder was introduced onstage in a surprise appearance, which unfortunately was spoiled a bit earlier today. Snyder took the lectern from moderator Chris Hardwick, “because some shit’s gonna happen up here,” he said. He thanked the audience for supporting Man of Steel, and then said he knows there’s a lot of speculation about the sequel. Snyder continued:

“It’s official that we are gonna make another Superman movie… The truth is you don’t want me to tell you what the movie’s about, but I can say that maybe there’s a single element that will be in the film that I could help you out with…”

Snyder then introduced Man of Steel actor Harry Lennix to the stage to read something, saying, “We’re not adapting this thing, but it is the thing that will help tell this story.” He proceeded to read a passage from the Frank Miller comic The Dark Knight Returns. Lennix read:

“I want you to remember, Clark, in all the years to come, in all your most private moments. I want you to remember my hand at your throat. I want you to remember the one man who beat you.”

And with that famous speech from Frank Miller's iconic The Dark Knight Returns, the Superman logo came up on the screen, and then a big black Batman logo appeared behind the S. The crowd went absolutely nuts. No further details were announced but WB has revealed that Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne and Diane Lane will return along with the Man of Steel himself, Henry Cavill.

Comic-Con: Warner Bros., Zack Snyder Officially Announce Superman/Batman Movie

Update: July 1, 2013

Christian Bale Reiterates He Won't Play BATMAN Anymore

[​IMG]

Speaking with EW for his upcoming work in Scott Cooper’s Out of the Furnace, Christian Bale reflects both on his experience during the trilogy of Dark Knight films and just what level of involvement, if any, he has in the Justice League team-up.

“We were incredibly fortunate to get to make three [Batman films]. That’s enough. Let’s not get greedy. Chris [Nolan] always said he wanted to make it one film at a time. And we ended up sitting there looking at each other, saying ‘We’re about to make the third.’ We never really knew if we were going to get to be there, but if that was how it was going to be, this was where it should end as well.”

“I have no information, no knowledge about anything. I’ve literally not had a conversation with a living soul. I understand that they may be making a Justice League movie, that’s it. It’s a torch that should be handed from one actor to another. So I enjoy looking forward to what somebody else will come up with.”

Christian Bale Not Involved with JUSTICE LEAGUE, Looks Forward to New Batman

Update: March 29, 2011

Warner Bros. to Reboot BATMAN after DARK KNIGHT RISES

[​IMG]

Christopher Nolan has publicly stated that The Dark Knight Rises will be his final Batman film, and Warner Bros. is already looking ahead to the future of the franchise. As it was reported last night, the studio is currently planning a Justice League movie for 2013 and Warner Bros. president Jeff Robinov tells Hero Complex that scripts are being written for Flash and Wonder Woman (the Wonder Woman project would exist separately from the upcoming NBC show). But most intriguing is what the studio plans to do with its marquee superhero, Batman:

“We have the third Batman, but then we’ll have to reinvent Batman…” says Robinov. “Chris Nolan and [producing partner and wife] Emma Thomas will be producing it, so it will be a conversation with them about what the next phase is.”

One question worth asking is if Warner Bros. plans to tie Justice League to their new Batman. Will the actor who plays Batman in JL also play Batman in the new franchise? Or will Justice League exist in its own universe?

WB to Reboot BATMAN After DARK KNIGHT RISES; Chris Nolan to Remain as Producer

11. Dragonlordxxxxx

Update: September 25, 2013

Rumor: Wonder Woman Might Appear in BATMAN VS SUPERMAN?

[​IMG]

A few weeks ago, Latino Review reported that Warner Bros. was looking for an actress in their late 20s, open to all ethnicities and someone who is both tall and possesses physicality to play Bruce Wayne's love interest in the Man of Steel sequel. Today, Bleeding Cool has posted some details from a Warner Bros. casting call that's apparently doing the rounds with the agencies right now. They don't give too much away, but they do say that there's chatter going on in certain circles that this is in fact for the role of Princess Diana of Themyscira, better known as Wonder Woman!

According to Bleeding Cool, she’ll be somewhere between 25 to 35 – or at least leave the impression of a woman in that age range, whatever that might be. The casting call is very specific about that the actress must be physically strong. The discussion in some agencies is that they’re sending up candidates for the role of Wonder Woman. They don’t know that it’s her, it’s just become their expectation, or at least a rumor that’s colored their conception.

This could very well be WB's way of moving things along with that Justice League flick without having to give Diana her own solo movie first. Then again, introducing both Batman AND Wonder Woman into the Man of Steel sequel might be a bit much.

Rumor: Could We Actually See WONDER WOMAN In The BATMAN/SUPERMAN Movie?

12. blink_man182

blink_man182 Black Belt

I saw just keep it to bats and supes for this one. Don't want to spread the attention away as it is. I already feel like Batman won't be getting a ton of time anyway because it is a Superman sequel. We'll see

13. Xion385

Xion385 Black Belt

With the way the audience is reacting to this, Batman might even overshadow Superman in his own movie.

14. Beast God

Beast God Banned Banned

so excited for this movie!

15. Anung Un Rama

Anung Un Rama Idol of Millions Platinum Member

No "might" about it. Folks are going to this movie to see Batman 1st, Superman 2nd or 3rd depending on who they cast as Lex.

16. Anung Un Rama

Re: Wonder Woman. I was googling ideas for WW. IMO, the best candidates are already taken within Marvel: Colbie Smulders and Jaimie Alexander.

I think Morena Baccarin is an okay choice.
    I think an awesome outside the box choice would be Rosario Dawson.

I just hope they don't cast Gemma Atherton, Lynn Collins, or Lilly Evangeline.

17. Anung Un Rama

There is nothing heroic about Murphy, the dude has the looks and demeanor of a serial killer.

The role he was born for:

[​IMG]

18. Dragonlordxxxxx

Well, you guys already know I want Kelly Overton as Wonder Woman, with Taylor Cole and Bridget Regan as the secondary choices.

19. Anung Un Rama

She's a great choice, a little masculine, but hot nonetheless.

20. JBSchroeds

JBSchroeds The Lizard Knight

That's a choice I don't think I've ever heard before. She's definitely got the figure for it. As far as outside-the-box choices go I think it's a good one.

My pick for the more traditional WW continues to be:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.