Results are only viewable after voting.

Andersons Foot

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
92b4a64312055fc4ade1e6254835d6bf.png

D4FQF-3WwAMX1lP.jpg

vs

MV5BOGZmYzVkMmItM2NiOS00MDI3LWI4ZWQtMTg0YWZkODRkMmViXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODY0NzcxNw@@._V1_.jpg

D4FQF--WAAAP-Zd.jpg

I think both are great. Tell me which one I like more.

Ugh.

Both are overrated, but Batman '89 is better on account of being fresh and having an excuse for having such a shallow plot since it had half of the budget of its sequel.

Also, compulsory Batman film rankings
1. The Dark Knight
2. Mask of the Phantasm
3. Under the Red Hood
4. Year One
5. The Dark Knight Rises
6. Batman Begins
7. Batman '89
8. Subzero
9. Return of the Joker
10. Batman Forever
11. Batman Returns
12. The Killing Joke
13. The Dark Knight Returns
14. Batman & Robin

Last edited:
I love Batman. It's a great film.

Batman Returns is a mediocre Tim Burton movie with Batman in it.

I liked Batman Returns but the orginal is so much superior and it was my childhood. Jack Nicholson killed it as the Joker man, no one has done it better.

200.gif

Last edited:
Loved the feel of Batman Returns.

It's a solid Christmas movie, IMHO

Hard to pick a winner.

Batman 89 is far superior. Supernatural cat woman with 9 lives and rocket launching penguins is just not my cup of tea.

Batman Returns is like the only Batman film I ever liked

Batman was phenomenal. Returns was still very good.

Jack Nicholson's performance causes Batman to edge Returns out slightly.

Loved the feel of Batman Returns.

It's a solid Christmas movie, IMHO

Hard to pick a winner.
Watching this movie is actually a christmas tradition of mine. No one else enjoys it, but fuck'em.

tumblr_my5714cNcp1rrkahjo9_250.gif

It's my favorite Elfman score as well.

Not a big fan of the Tim Burton look. The first one had the pressure to succeed since it was the first big time superhero movie in a while, I think.

CNN's Kaitlyn Collins often has that weird look on her mouth like the victims of Joker's permanent smile gas attack.

Honestly surprised by this thread. I’ve always thought Batman Returns is the best Batman film that came out of those four from ‘89-late 90s. Hell, it’s my favorite Batman film of all the films that have been made over time.

I liked the dark atmosphere. Catwoman was hot, Danny Devito was disgusting to look at. And Shrek was so sleezy. Also, giant rubber duck mobile xx

The clear winner....

giphy.gif
I remember Blockbuster put this on their "favorites" list, which clearly stated that satisfaction was "guaranteed." I rented it. It was of course awful. I returned to Blockbuster and insisted on a refund since the film was a piece of garbage. They initially said I could not seek a refund because although the movie was garbage there was nothing wrong with the tape, so I was not entitled to a refund. I held my ground until I got my refund in full. lol

Last edited:
Ugh.

Both are overrated, but Batman '89 is better on account of being fresh and having an excuse for having such a shallow plot since it had half of the budget of its sequel.

Also, compulsory Batman film rankings
1. The Dark Knight
2. Mask of the Phantasm
3. Under the Red Hood
4. Year One
5. The Dark Knight Rises
6. Batman Begins
7. Batman '89
8. Subzero
9. Return of the Joker
10. Batman Forever
11. Batman Returns
12. The Killing Joke
13. The Dark Knight Returns
14. Batman & Robin

How is batman 89 overrated? It was literally the first film of its kind. A darker comic book movie with an almost artsy feel and an epic soundtrack. You couldn't even compare it to anything else when it first released.

You must be of the younger variety.

Batman 89 is more of a Batman show

Batman Returns is a Tim Burton movie that just happen to have Batman

Back