Basic Training Stories

Haha. So he bounced from a broken hand?
At least from our company. He may have hung around and finished with another group after he healed. But his stuff was all packed and gone by the time we got back later that night.
I just figured out the "smoked" thing. We called it "cycled". I have vivid memories of the DIs selecting 2 or 3 recruits, having them put on every item from their seabag, so like 5 t-shirts, three utility shirts, three trousers, watch cap. gloves, etc.…then "making it rain". Put them/us in this small lounge area, 10 x 10 maybe, then cycle us with the door shut until condensation dripped from the walls....

My pops was in the Navy in the 70's.

They get to basic and line up for immunizations. Ask if anyone is allergic to penicillin, one dude is too nervous to say anything and gets his shot. A few minutes pass as they are going down the line injecting everyone and this dude just passes the fuck out and falls forward like a felled tree, smashes his nose to a pulp as he lands on his face.

Another dude looked like carrot top and got mercilessly fucked with, he showed up with carrot top like hair and the barber just shaved half of it and then the DI's mocked the shit out of him. He would later try to cut his wrists open and my dad, on fireguard finds him with a bunch of blood and razor in the bathroom. Cuts were superficial, so medical staff bandaged him up, DI's pull all the others out of bed at like 3 am and start yelling "if you fuckers want to kill yourself, cut down the street not across! Don't waste our fucking time!" They then made carrot top mop up his blood in the bathroom.

A buddy of mine was in Basic (Army) in the late 90's.

He said they drank some shit called Victory Punch that basically kills your sex drive.

Anyone know if there's any truth to that?

He said they drank some shit called Victory Punch that basically kills your sex drive.

thats a rumour in every military around the world.

We had a rumour they put stuff called "brakes" in our breakfast that kills our sex drive lmao

We had a guy in my platoon at Parris Island tried to commit suicide with a disposable razor. The Drill Instructor said "Jesus Christ Farley, you're a total F-up. You can't even commit suicide right. The other DI said "Well at least you have cleanly shaven wrists". He only had a small cut so I guess he was just trying to get discharged. We never saw him again.

We stole another Company's Guidon during the 7 day FTX. They came over that night looking for it, whole company deep. A massive brawl ensued, we all left the 20 man tents and starting scrapping. People were getting buttstocked to the face, shit was wild.

Best part was I was on firewatch, and three of my dudes snuck into the Girls tent to smash (after 4 days in the field w/ no shower, mind you, no Bueno). I had to warn them about the ensuing melee and they all dove out the back of the tent, half dressed, immediately into a large donnybrook.

Shit was wild, and only stopped b/c somebody ran into the 1st Sgts tent and he woke up and starting going crazy.

Last edited:
We had a guy in my platoon at Parris Island tried to commit suicide with a disposable razor. The Drill Instructor said "Jesus Christ Farley, you're a total F-up. You can't even commit suicide right. The other DI said "Well at least you have cleanly shaven wrists". He only had a small cut so I guess he was just trying to get discharged. We never saw him again.
We had a guy try to commit suicide by drinking a bottle of all purpose cleaner. Have no idea if it worked. We never saw him again though.

Only force powerful enough to honestly do this is marriage.

<Kpop775>

Lol at cleanly shaven wrists

During my basic we were B-Co and we had the highest amount of AWOLs out of the battalion, I think 22 AWOLs. It had gotten so bad the Col. came down and addressed the platoon on what’s the issue. We didn’t tell him the DSs were total ball busters.

So I recalled one day a Pvt showed up in our platoon midway through training. He was a recycle or something. The DSs were so pernoid that he was a CID Agent task with investigating the DSs on the AWOL thing, that they gave him a wooden gun made out of a tree’s branch.
They made him carry that wooden gun where ever he goes.

Whenever he had guard’s duties and he had to patrol the latrine the DSs made him shout, “CID freeze, Let me see some nuts!” and he had to draw his wooden pistol while saying it. If there were people in the latrine when he did that, they would play along and flashed him their balls. He had to do that shit almost every night until we graduated.

Good times

we had a cat sneak in a cell phone, and then when caught talking on it at night in the stalls, people dimed him out

He then got caught BREAKING INTO the company commander's office while on CQ duty trying to steal the phone back. One of the few guys flatout sent home while i joined during the early Surge

i went to Ft Jackson, w/ CoEd bootcamp (same w/ Ft Leonard Wood). The very first day our Platoon was getting yelled at, some girl was afraid to ask to use the bathroom so she just peed her pants where she stood. In front of everyone.

Even more odd, she then got embarrassed about it and then ran out of the squad bay, negating the whole 'afraid to ask' in the first place

We also had sunday scraps (settling beef, basically) in the Killzone during supposed floor mopping time. Gotta get it in when others are going to Church to get out of work.

We did the same thing in Combatives Level 1, DS's actually let people settle scores, but it wasn't closed fist striking so the Killzone battles were the better option.

We had a guy try to commit suicide by drinking a bottle of all purpose cleaner. Have no idea if it worked. We never saw him again though.

I had a guy in my unit try that same tactic while in Basic. This was C Co. 2/60th at Fort Jackson, September 14 1998. I only remember the date because it was my birthday. Anyway, I was his battle buddy and we went to the hospital. At the hospital, some lieutenant tells him he's going to pump his stomach which involves spraying some kind of numbing spray into his mouth and inserting a plastic tube which is connected to a simple plunger/pump device. The guy balks at first, which causes the annoyed LT to bark, "Either this is going down your throat or up your ass!" He opens wide and takes the tube.

They begin by pushing in water then drawing out the contents. I'm in the room and watching all this happen; screw HIPAA. The process is repeated a few times. Lastly, they pump some kind of liquid charcoal into his stomach and extract it. At that point, the guy starts regurgitating it, and he starts drooling this black scuzz all down his mouth and face. It was great. I got out of duty that evening, and ate at the hospital chow. Helluva way to celebrate turning 18.

We never saw that guy again.

We had a McGuyver fake sick in BCT, somehow get away from leadership on the way to sickcall, and then procured a bunch of dip and a sewing kit.

Dude then made homemade pouches w/ the sowing kit and paper towels, that way people that smoked/dip and were fiending could dip at night and not get any black specks in their teeth (the inevitable tell tale sign).

Now if only he could have gotten people to hide their spitters better, he might've got away with it...

We had a McGuyver fake sick in BCT, somehow get away from leadership on the way to sickcall, and then procured a bunch of dip and a sewing kit.

Dude then made homemade pouches w/ the sowing kit and paper towels, that way people that smoked/dip and were fiending could dip at night and not get any black specks in their teeth (the inevitable tell tale sign).

Now if only he could have gotten people to hide their spitters better, he might've got away with it...
How did people pay him?

UK here: I was doing an adqual (additional qualification) course and for some reason our team had to sleep in the same accommodation as recruits at a naval base- albeit my guys all had to live separated from each other.

My friend earlier in the day played a prank on me where he stole my locker key, had it copied downtown and gained access when I was out for lunch. He glued everything inside my locker in place, as well as covering all my gear and clothes in fire extuinguisher foam lol.

He met me later downtown and we were on a long all day drinking session and told me about it. So I decided I needed to get him back. At around 3am I wandered into his room full of sleeping recruits, drunk and wearing nothing but a balaclava and carrying my knife (in my drunken state I'd decided to shred all his bedding and clothes before he got back from the nightclub).

Anyways, put it this way the recruits he was sharing a room with at the time nicely decided to move out of that room so me and my buddies could bunk in the same area for the rest of the course lol.

How did people pay him?
Either doing his firewatches/details or on family day once we all could get out

Also, i went to Relaxing Jackson, where i shit you not they have 2 or 3 'pizza parties' per cycle that you have to pay for to be included, which meant the DS's took us all to an ATM twice during bootcamp.

Either doing his firewatches/details or on family day once we all could get out

Also, i went to Relaxing Jackson, where i shit you not they have 2 or 3 'pizza parties' per cycle that you have to pay for to be included, which meant the DS's took us all to an ATM twice during bootcamp.
And then that leads to males paying females for sex probably.

Back