Basic diet for weight loss

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Respekt

I recently tore my ACL and just started packing on the lbs like no one's business and would really like to lose the weight that I gained.

Before, I would simply do bodyweight strength/condititioning regime and it would keep my weight study but with my torn ACL I haven't been able to really push my intensity level too far so I'm trying to incorporate a diet for a few weeks.

I don't really want to get too complicated with the diet so I was simply wondering if this very basic/simple diet would be beneficial for me to be doing with bodyweight pull-ups/push-ups/squats every day or every other day.

Grilled Skinless Chicken Breast + boiled (or whatever method is the healthiest) veggies for literally every meal except for maybe breakfast (is there anything you guys can reccommend for breakfast?)

And if this is okay, how many of these meals should I eat per day?

I will also be taking multivitamins as the FAQs say they are very beneficial for any diet.

Edit: I forgot to mention I will also be consuming fruits/nuts as snacks to keep my metabolism going if the above meal isn't enough

any help/input is appreciated, thanks.

eat at least 5 fruit and veg a day
eat 5/6 small meals instead of 3 big ones
try and eat whole food, like whole pasta, rice etc
reduce your calorie intake by 500 or so.

won't eating pasta/rice include carbs in my diet? i thought carbs were one of the main reasons for fat gain

Grilled Skinless Chicken Breast + boiled (or whatever method is the healthiest) veggies for literally every meal except for maybe breakfast (is there anything you guys can reccommend for breakfast?)

And if this is okay, how many of these meals should I eat per day?

I will also be taking multivitamins as the FAQs say they are very beneficial for any diet.

Edit: I forgot to mention I will also be consuming fruits/nuts as snacks to keep my metabolism going if the above meal isn't enough

any help/input is appreciated, thanks.

That looks completely unsustainable. Are you really going to keep going after your 30th chicken breast of the week?

You said you wanted something simple, so why not do something simply like figure out what you were eating when you were gaining weight, and just eat less of it?

carbs are a staple in any athletes diet, you will not be able to train efficiently without them. you diet is unrealistic, you dont have anywhere near enough carbs to function properly.

If you aren't training very hard (and you have some very solid mental toughness( the chicken and veggies will work (eat omeletes for breakfast) and you can probably eat as many of the chicken/veggie meals as you want.

You will be full/sick of chicken before you can really overindulge in too many calories

You do NOT need pasta, rice etc. You can get plenty of carbs from fruit/veggies. (Especially if you're laid up and can't train anyway) Don't be afraid of some animal fat either. Eat chicken thighs, steak, bacon, whole eggs, etc. Keep your daily calories below maintenance levels and you will lose weight, keep your protein intake up and it will spare some muscle. The number of meals you eat is not important, you can spread it out to 6 or 8 meals if you wish or you can eat 2 big ones...the key is calories in vs calories out. The FAQ here is full of useful information and links.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back