basic boxing instructional dvd?

GoatRider

Purple Belt
Reaction score
i would like some suggestions please.

i have trained in wing chun for a couple of years and still do, but want to learn how to box "american" style to become more well rounded. you can't really hit a mook yan jong (wooden man), and i want to really hit something with a closed fist.

i don't have time to go to a gym or money to pay some putty-nosed old bastard to teach me how, so i'm looking for some instructional dvds. i'm going to get a heavy bag/speed bag stand and put it in my apartment to work on. i know i'm not going to become a professional boxer by watching some dvds, i just want a basic grasp of american boxing technique. any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. thanks.

p.s. any beginner tips would be welcome as well

yeah, that was the first place i went after i googled it.

i can find them, i just want peoples' personal opinions on them, whether they are quality or not. have you seen any of the title dvds?

they are realy good, but it kinda annoys me that they are only like a half hour each, they could easily fit more onto one but oh well...i will tell you that the first two are very good, i don't really think that the speed are power one is worth much, if you're going the get a heavy bag then the "how to hit the heavy bag" on is really good, they show some great workouts on there...do your thang chicken wang!

you'd want to try vitor belfort's instructional. you can download it for free too at limewire.

Back