Based on Sherdoggers Expertise and Opinion Jon Jones HW run will result in...?

What trajectory will Jon’s HW run take...?

• Total voters
I think he can win the belt but then pop hot for picograms, which should lead to retirement

Stop riling Jon up!

4mlTOLz.gif

I'm only 43.62% sure he's seriously moving up. I think this is just him taking time off and doing what he did the last time he took time off - lifting shit.

I can't shake the impression that his move up to HW is to save face for his eventual loss. His performances got progressively worse in his last three fights and I think that did something to him mentally, leaving him with the options of staying at LHW and losing to fairly unremarkable fighters or moving up and having a bunch of reasons to explain why he finally took a legitimate L.

I think he takes a loss and retires but who knows.

Way too many choices, and I’m not playing that.

I think Stipe beats him easily using his well rounded gameplan. Jones could barely handle the LHW they’ve put up against him. Stipe is bigger, better, and stronger, as well as having a superior gameplan/fight IQ than anybody he’s beaten so far.

And don’t mmath me with eyepoke DC. That’s fucking lame.

I think Ngannou knocks him out, because that’s what he does. And a heavier older Jones, not used to that kind of fight won’t be able to avoid it.

In short.. I think Jones fans are dreaming. Bring all the peds your hero requires. This is a different game. And you’re about to find out about the levels to this shit.

Or some variations of this

Went with wins title and multiple defenses and then retires...as this probably why he went up to HW in the first place to retire there
Yeah the site allows you to change the post, but wouldn’t let me edit the poll...? There were actually a few more options I wanted to add and I mistakenly posted the thread. Unfortunately l haven’t even had a chance to check out the post because my partner had a Vet appointment. Additionally it’s out in the sticks without a cell signal there, but she’s a good veterinarian so it’s worth the inconvenience.

Don't piss TS off, he tranes UFC:

232905.jpg
I’m just an old retired Veteran who’s angry at the world because I’m Analog, I’m also past my prime and too broken or injured to train UFC anymore... additionally everything was better when I was younger (80’s-early 2000’s), Boomers work harder, faster, and with more purpose than the younger generation, they suck at everything except computers, fake outrage, and justifying their laziness.... yep that pretty much covers most of it, the older generation pissed and moaned about the same exact stuff when I was younger, it’s just a rinse and repeat cycle for eternity....lol
<{jackyeah}>

You posted the same thread (with poll) 3 times but the mods merged and/or deleted the others
I honestly have no idea why it would have posted 3 times, possibly because I tried to go back and edit the poll?
<{vega}>

I’m just an old retired Veteran who’s angry at the world because I’m Analog, I’m also past my prime and too broken or injured to train UFC anymore... additionally everything was better when I was younger (80’s-early 2000’s), Boomers work harder, faster, and with more purpose than the younger generation, they suck at everything except computers, fake outrage, and justifying their laziness.... yep that pretty much covers most of it, the older generation pissed and moaned about the same exact stuff when I was younger, it’s just a rinse and repeat cycle for eternity....lol
<{jackyeah}>

Respect for being in shape, being a Sherbro and keeping it REAL!

Jones winning the belt and making multiple defenses is leading this poll?
<{cruzshake}>
Jones is going to get murked.

He's never fought at HW and has had close fights lately. Yet is a great fighter and supposedly beat up all the HW's in his camp (AA, Browne, Mir [aside from kitchen], Jordan, Schaub). So unless you're in his camp there won't be good guesses here.

Okay, I'll bite. Why the hell did he vacate the LHW title if he's not serious about moving up?

Just to jog your memory, here's what happened: Jones wins a highly controversial decision over Dominick Reyes, then Jones and Francis Ngannou started talking on Twitter about a fight on their own. When they actually tried to put the fight together, Jon revealed he wanted a huge salary increase, which the UFC denied. UFC shot down these aspirations so then Jones called out Jan for a fight, but the UFC wouldn't offer it to him, they were only offering him Reyes, and so he vacated his title and sat out. Clear duck.

But now Reyes has been defeated. Jones is not going to get that massive salary increase he asked for to fight at heavyweight, so he's not going to fight at heavyweight. Now that Reyes is out of the picture, he will fight the Jan vs Adesanya winner (especially if the winner turns out to be Adesanya). If Adesanya wins then people won't even mention that he's ducking heavyweight because they'll be so excited for that fight.

Jon beats Stipe, Ngannou and Beast, solidifies his spot as GOAT, and retires by 35.

Just to jog your memory, here's what happened: Jones wins a highly controversial decision over Dominick Reyes, then Jones and Francis Ngannou started talking on Twitter about a fight on their own. When they actually tried to put the fight together, Jon revealed he wanted a huge salary increase, which the UFC denied. UFC shot down these aspirations so then Jones called out Jan for a fight, but the UFC wouldn't offer it to him, they were only offering him Reyes, and so he vacated his title and sat out. Clear duck.

But now Reyes has been defeated. Jones is not going to get that massive salary increase he asked for to fight at heavyweight, so he's not going to fight at heavyweight. Now that Reyes is out of the picture, he will fight the Jan vs Adesanya winner (especially if the winner turns out to be Adesanya). If Adesanya wins then people won't even mention that he's ducking heavyweight because they'll be so excited for that fight.
This sounds like Jon hater's wet dream

Back