Based on interview footage, I don't think Nick Diaz thinks he can beat Silva.

We don't see these type of fighters anymore - the Nick Diaz, Bj Penn, Sakurabas of MMA -- willing to thrown down with anyone anytime ...to really test themselves -- to say who cares about the money ...I just want to really push myself and see if I'm the best.

I thought everyone knew that him and Nate only do it for the money now. Hell, there was a whole interview with Nick talking about how he doesn't even want to fight anymore.

not everyone

Isn't he always like that. Against GSP he said something like "fine I'll take my asswhooping"

He respects Silva (not like Shaaaaaael)....However, he has been asking for this fight for a long time... and with the training partners he's bringing in...It looks like he is seriously training...to win this bout...that he felt he should have had years ago.

“They said in what world does it make sense,” in referring to Dana White’s reaction when Diaz’s camp tried to push the idea of a Silva vs. Nick Diaz fight at one point. “Me or Stephan Bonnar, it would have been a big laughing matter or a joke, but that’s what’s happening now. I think if I was Anderson Silva and I’m on my way out of this and I’m 37, I’m looking to do a few more fights like that. I want to fulfill my legacy and I’m not going to be able to do it with Stephan Bonnar.“

Last edited:
Nah man, it's just mass respect. Diaz will be ready to go come fight night.

I Like this fight, I think Nick has a real shot here.

I agree payday for Nick

If nick was smart focus on Silver who got beat up by Weidman

Silva chin is not like it used to be

TS Nick is very aware this is a money making opportunity for the fans.

Also, did you see his last fight?

That I can remember, Nick seldom says he's going to win a fight or talks trash in the pre-fight interviews.

Nick and Nate respect the old school pride guys like Silva, and Gomi.

Besides, Nick knows he's lucky that Silva signed off on this fight, and didn't laugh it off. He's thankful for that $$$ he's about to make.

What? This fight is expected to sell a lot of PPVs, Dana said Silva could get a title shot off of this win and Silva gets to fight a 170'er instead of a 185'er for his return fight.

Silva would be dumb not to sign.

nick knows the role he's supposed to be playing. he also knows he has a chance. and he'll be going in there to shock (shake up) a small part of the world.

He seemed similar before fighting BJ. They trained together before and BJ was someone he looked up to. But when it came fight time, he was the same Nick Diaz. Waiting for the weigh in stare downs to see if Nick will get in Anderson's face.

He's just doing it for the money, imo.

This is what I think also. I think the GSP fight was just for money too, he didn't look motivated at all and clearly didn't give much of a fuck when he lost.

There's a reason he said he'd only come back for GSP and Silva, and it isn't to challenge himself, the guy has said multiple times he hates fighting lol.

Nick was clearly trolling in the last interview. Did everyone miss that? He said this was the best fight for the fans and "it's normal". Even a Sherdog white belt should recognize that as a solid Anderson Silva parody.

Are you going to use this as a definitive sign that he's going to get KOd because he lacks confidence?

Weak.

I am not a Nick Diaz fan, but I doubt he'd take the fight if he didn't think he could win. I think he likes to fight, he just doesn't like training/schedules.

He is too flat footed to pull this off though. Silva by TKO, 2nd round.

I'll have to wait until I see the Countdown to UFC 183 before I make the final verdict about this fight.
Sometimes Nick Diaz doesn't speak well during the mini-press promo's.
He always sounds more enthusiastic when the UFC camera's follow him around.

Nick Diaz respects Anderson Silva, he's a big fan of Silva -- Diaz has that Warrior Spirit!

He wants to always test himself and push himself to be the best ....that means fighting the best.....I'm sure deep down Nick doesn't want to fight Anderson -- but this is a dream fight against one of the greatest alive.

Nick wouldn't be able to live with himself if he turned down such a match-up.

We don't see these type of fighters anymore - the Nick Diaz, Bj Penn, Sakurabas of MMA -- willing to thrown down with anyone anytime ...to really test themselves -- to say who cares about the money ...I just want to really push myself and see if I'm the best.

*** I'm telling you Now, Nick's not going to smack talk Anderson -- Nick respects those that respect the game, and Anderson and Diaz are cut from the same cloth -- Both are bread from the Traditional Martial Arts both have a great understanding of when its time to respect your opponent and when not to. ***

This is going to be a fun fight for the fans, and hopefully both grow from this fight.

Nick has said several times that the only reason he fights is because the money

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back