Baseball's treatment of Pete Rose is shameful...

Jack Handy jr

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
They're going to wait till after he dies to reinstate him and then vote him into the hall.

While the possibility of many stars from the steroid era are actually getting consideration for Cooperstown. imho any one that's tested positive for PED's esp in Baseball should not be eligible for the Hall.

The amount of work non PED users put them selves through toiling away in the minors for some guy to finesse the test and get the call up is terrible.

Would you reinstated "Charlie Hustle?" and what's your thoughts on guys like Bonds, A rod, and Clemens getting into the Baseball Hall of Fame?

Last edited:
Fuck Rose. For him to be inducted into the hall he has to first be reinstated into baseball which means someone can hire him to coach and corrupt the game again. Wait until he dies then put him in. Even after getting caught the idiot lied about it forever even the we all knew the truth.

Fuck Rose. For him to be inducted into the hall he has to first be reinstated into baseball which means someone can hire him to coach and corrupt the game again. Wait until he dies then put him in. Even after getting caught the idiot lied about it forever even the we all knew the truth.

You're clearly not a Reds fan lol.

Seriously dude we've all lied. imo his lack of judgment shouldn't negate his numbers, passion, and overall way he played the game on the field. Steroid users are the real cheats that should NEVER get consideration for the hall. I've grappled against guys that I out weigh by several pounds who were on gear and the difference is considerable.

You add a guy that has elite baseball skill like an A rod or Bonds and they're on gear FFS!!!...that's just not fair.

and then you get the guys that take steroids to get a leg up on their minor league competition and they get the call. protein, creatine, whey then get your ass in the gym, dead, squat and bench.

you don't need gear.

Eh, Rose was 426–388 as a manager. It's not like he was throwing seasons and shit. You cant watch his managing and be like "oh he is throwing here." The guy should be in the HoF.

Fuck Barry, A-Rod, and Clemens.

I want my HOFers to be like Frank Thomas, Pudge, Jeff Bagwell, Ken Griffey Jr, Mike Piazza, etc. You know, the guys that came from the same exact era as Barry but never touched a PED in their whole life. They don't even know what a steroid is. I like my baseball clean and wholesome.

Seriously dude we've all lied. imo his lack of judgment shouldn't negate his numbers, passion, and overall way he played the game on the field. Steroid users are the real cheats that should NEVER get consideration for the hall. I've grappled against guys that I out weigh by several pounds who were on gear and the difference is considerable.

You add a guy that has elite baseball skill like an A rod or Bonds and they're on gear FFS!!!...that's just not fair.

and then you get the guys that take steroids to get a leg up on their minor league competition and they get the call. protein, creatine, whey then get your ass in the gym, dead, squat and bench.

you don't need gear.

Using your closer on a 4th straight day when you normally would have rested him but you have 200k on the game decision making. He is scum. He is lucky I even say be allowed after he dies.

Eh, Rose was 426–388 as a manager. It's not like he was throwing seasons and shit. You cant watch his managing and be like "oh he is throwing here." The guy should be in the HoF.

agree

from what I can gather he never bet against the Reds to lose. if he would have done that then that shades this thing differently...but betting on your guys to win?!?!?!?

They're going to wait till after he dies to reinstate him and then vote him into the hall.

While the possibility of many stars from the steroid era are actually getting consideration for Cooperstown. imho any one that's tested positive for PED's esp in Baseball should not be eligible for the Hall.

The amount of work non PED users put them selves through toiling away in the minors for some guy to finesse the test and get the call up is terrible.

Would you reinstated "Charlie Hustle?" and what's your thoughts on guys like Bonds, A rod, and Clemens getting into the Baseball Hall of Fame?

If you let Sosa and Bonds in, you gotta let McGuire and Canseco in.
If you let those guys in, you gotta let Rose in.
ffs, put an asterisk next to his name.

Pete Rose's bowl cut is hof worthy in and of itself. It should be inducted next to Rollie Fingers' mustache.

It's like the powers that be don't want to admit they were wrong though, and anyone new coming in doesn't want to grow some balls and buck the trend. Rose's betting also seems like peanuts next to what has been claimed of NBA refs and others in major sports.

you don't need gear.

I think if he comes completely clean, he'd be let back in.

On the numbers only vs all things considered debate, you're very much correct from what little I've read and known of. Essentially, if Ty Cobb who by almost all accounts was a complete and total asshole can get in, so can Pete Rose

agree

from what I can gather he never bet against the Reds to lose. if he would have done that then that shades this thing differently...but betting on your guys to win?!?!?!?
If you, as a manager, as not equally invested in each game, you're going against the duties you were hired to perform.
Just like it would be fucked up as a parent to give on of your children $200k for private tutoring while sending the other kid to flint public schools. "but but, how can you hate someone for spending money on their child?!?"

I think if he comes completely clean, he'd be let back in.

On the numbers only vs all things considered debate, you're very much correct from what little I've read and known of. Essentially, if Ty Cobb who by almost all accounts was a complete and total asshole can get in, so can Pete Rose
Except there is zero chance Ty Cobb would get in today.
He was inducted in 1939 as part of the "first 5", which is the year we let Nazis rent out Madison Square Garden for a convention. He also got more votes than every other player, including Babe Ruth.

So yeah, the powers that be in baseball and society at large didn't really give a fuck about him being a jerk or whatever.

Last edited:
Except there is zero chance Ty Cobb would get in today.
He was inducted in 1939 as part of the "first 5", which is the year we let Nazis rent out Madison Square Garden for a convention. He also got more votes than every other player, including Babe Ruth.

So yeah, the powers that be in baseball and society at large didn't really give a fuck about him being a jerk or whatever.

Again, I don't know the ins and outs of it. Just vague readings here and there.

It's a catch 22. I think he'll get inducted, they just don't want him to experience the pleasure of it while he's still alive. In saying that, I'm correct in my recollection that in baseball, you get a certain number of years to get on the ballot and be eligible before you're struck off no?

Back