Bas Rutten's Big DVDs of Combat

M

Mezz

So I'm planning on getting this set. Has anyone else used it? How is it? Along with the other things, I am more specifically interested in the striking (an area I would REALLY like to improve) that Bas teaches.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

I have it. It is great. There is quite a bit of ground on the series, though...

IMO he doesn't cover much in the area of defense against strikes, but this is something that you'll pick-up from training and from your coach. It is a good series with a lot of material.

The instruction is top-notch, with excellent detail, and slowmotion...... Of course, as everyone will tell you, "it can't substitute training in a gym..." But hey, if you are looking for something to watch, and maybe pick-up some tips; you can't go wrong.

IMO

^^^ both great instructionals to supplement your training.

I own the Rob Kaman and Bas Rutten DVD's. Both are good sets to use as supplements. It's true that the BAs Rutten set provides a lot of offensive stand up material and not alot of defense. Its more of an combo sub grappling/ strike DVD set but an excellent set at that. I refer to the often. Rob Kaman set offers a lot of in the ring fight material but useful an it has strategy as well.
If you never heard of Rodney King "Street Boxing", I'd recommend taking a look at it. I came across his DVD's by accident and absolutely find them a diamond in the rough. I learned a tremendous amount of details from his set in reference to footwork, blocking, defense, striking, combos, etc... This dude is the real deal (former Muay Thai fighter, current MMA coach) in England. He breaks everything down to small details and has a good teaching style. Definitely worth the money...

Jose

Back