Bas Rutten says that Jon Jones is a dirty fighter

Can we get an infograph with MMA fighters with most Eye pokes, headbutts, groin kicks, 12/6 bows, cage/rope holding etc?

Excellent idea. Why not have those stats too. The NFL and other "major" sports have all the stats not just the goods ones. Your the one with the idea,now go off and get it done.

I wonder what the Jon Jones fangirls on here are gonna come up with as exuses now that Dana White, Joe Rogan, Bas Rutten, Miesha Tate and the refs (and probably more or more to come) are starting to talk about Jones abuse of the eye pokes. I fought it was just "haters" on sherdog commenting on it, well oh well.

But i mean the Jon Jones fangirls on here must know more about MMA than Bas Rutten, my bad.

You got Bas children on your chin there sport!

bending the rules is not going anywhere. If it makes you that butthurt then buy EA UFC and KO him over and over with a fighter of your choice. Or vote with your wallet and don't buy his PPVs. I watch all other champ fights but I skip his because, well I don't much care for him, so why the hell should he get my money.

Judging by his overall mediocre PPV buys compared to other long-reigning champs, i'm not alone either. I mean this guy should be up there with Brock Lesnar in that he's dominant, exciting, blah blah etc. Sad, what a guy's mouth and attitude can do.

If it happens every once in a while...ok. But it seems like Jones is always doing it. It's time to start taking a point or even considering an immediate DQ if it's seen as intentional. And there is a good case for them being intentional at this point. I'd LOVE to see a ref DQ him for the very first eye poke. It would teach him a big lesson. One which he needs.

Of course jones is aticking his hand in jis opponents faces on purpose, he isnt some spaz who cant control hos hand movements. I want to see the rule where it sakys you cant touch an opponents face...

jones.png

What is all this meaningless complaining going to do? Want a change, than attempt to change the rules about extended hands/fingers, because as of now its legal and why most refs dont say anything about it. They only step in on actual pokes to the eye (Gus, Glover) no other fighter has been poked by Jones but rather had to deal with his extended hand/fingers. Other than that refs that say "Close your hand" are just taking things into their own hands, no actual rule against it. So what exactly are those compiling about it really doing? Nothing.

put more blame on the refs for enabling the eye pokes and you wont have this problem anymore.

This is the bigger problem. Each ref does something different when it comes to fence grabs, low blows, short grabbing, eye poking, etc...

There need to be strict guidelines that all refs should follow.

U can make it look like every fighter is poking eyes in a freeze frame.

You could say that, (about the rashad photo at least) till you pan over to the Gus photo... not much more blatant than that. Besides, Rampage even complained about it and looked at the ref during the fight. Then Jones did it again.

holy fuck

someone tweet this to dana

The actual pokes to Glover and Gus, are illegal. Everything else is extending fingers or touching a guys face, not illegal. Now till you guys take your complaining to the right people to make extended hands/fingers illegal, refs cant do anything about it. Just pointless crying.

Last edited:
With the recent exposure and open criticism by Dana I wonder how judges will react.

I know Big John reffed his fights before but I think he wouldn't mind/be scared to deduct points for pokes. Lets see next fight

1.You get the jones haters
2.you get the jones lovers
3.You get the people who don't like jones because of his attitude.
4.You get the people who don't care about his attitude and only care about fighting ability aka just bleed types.
5.You get the people who do the opposite weather they like jones or not just to do the opposite of most people.
6.You get the people who only like him because he is the champ. They will quit liking him when he gets beat. Fair weather fans
7.You get the in betweeners- they don't care either way and just want to see good fights.

The actual pokes to Glover and Gus, are illegal. Everything else is extending fingers or touching a guys faces, not illegal. Now till you guys take your complaining to the right people to make extended hands/fingers illegal, refs cant do anything about it. Just pointless crying.

Not really crying, just agreeing with Bas that yeah, he's dirty... nothing to be done about it though, refs don't give a shit so why should jones?

Back