Bas Rutten says that Jon Jones is a dirty fighter

Im pretty sure everyone knows jon jones is a dirty fighter, but if u aint cheating u aint trying right? I mean if u get free eye pokes and can put ur opponent at a disadvantage with no penalty, ud have to be stupid not to

jones complained about a potential illegal move even though it didnt happen. vitor didnt kick him in the head he just attempted to. just like jones holds his fingers in their face knowing it could easily eye poke.

I agree with Bas' reasoning. Jones is not some wild, crazy fighter. He is methodical and knows exactly what he is doing.

If Jones wants to give guys something to think about by eye-poking and waving his fingers in their face, then they should force him to reconsider that strategy during his allotted five minutes of recovery time from a crushing groin shot, IMHO.

Bas knows.

That beard is awesome btw.

dirty, sure. his opponents are trying to knock his head off and sever him from his consciousness, or break a limb. if all it takes to stop that is holding his fingers out- do it.

its on the UFC/Comission to change the rules and fix the problem. Its a fight, and hes not breaking rules. Im conflicted because I think he should be allowed to use the tactic, but at the same time I dont want to see injured eyes.

dirty, sure. his opponents are trying to knock his head off and sever him from his consciousness, or break a limb. if all it takes to stop that is holding his fingers out- do it.

its on the UFC/Comission to change the rules and fix the problem. Its a fight, and hes not breaking rules.

If his fingers enter the eye sockets of his opponents, he is breaking the rules. This is not up for debate.

I said this in another thread in the wasteland, but it fits here.

Jones isn't a dirty fighter in terms of rule breaking, however, he does perform a lot of "Dick Moves" in a fight.

It isn't illegal to hold your fingers out in front of your opponents eyes, but it's a dick thing to do. It's not illegal to drop Lyoto Machida on his face when you've choked him unconcious, but it's a dick thing to do. It's not illegal to bitch about Vitor trying to kick your head when you're getting up from crawling out of your corner, but it's a dick thing to do.

Same as holding onto submissions when the opponent has tapped, kicking the front of the knee (but that could be me not liking that because I've hyperextended my knee and I get funny about that sort of stuff), that arm crank thing he did to Glover.

So, while he does fight to the letter of the rules, he doesn't fight to the spirit of the rules, it's a sporting contest, it's not a street fight.

If his fingers enter the eye sockets of his opponents, he is breaking the rules. This is not up for debate.

I agree that if he is putting his own fingers directly into eyes that needs to be a warning/point deduction, but simply holding them at eye level forcing your opponent to stay at bay is different. people have a problem with both.

And by hurting you mean he is probably the most popular champion in the UFC right now.

U really need to get out more.....Maybe on Sherdog which is filled with immature school boys and wannabe MMA fighters....But the public - Hell NO...Go to any Sportsbar & bring up Jon Jones - Either people have NEVER heard of him OR they start bitching about his Dirty Tactics, eyepokes, 12/6 elbows etc etc...Bas' is correct, Jones has earned the title "Dirty Fighter"....Most popular? That's a fukin joke!!

jones complained about a potential illegal move even though it didnt happen. vitor didnt kick him in the head he just attempted to. just like jones holds his fingers in their face knowing it could easily eye poke.

Damn good point!:icon_chee

I agree with Bas' reasoning. Jones is not some wild, crazy fighter. He is methodical and knows exactly what he is doing.

If Jones wants to give guys something to think about by eye-poking and waving his fingers in their face, then they should force him to reconsider that strategy during his allotted five minutes of recovery time from a crushing groin shot, IMHO.

There is a much easier solution. MMA fighters need to start taking after soccer players. Start faking it. It's hard for the ref to see if the finger actually goes into the eye or not.
And points will be taken if it happens enough times. A shitty way to win, but hey, if you can't win any other way...

PoliteSophisticatedHousefly.gif

PoliteSophisticatedHousefly.gif

someone post landed on the moon. Jones was so happy at the glover post fight press conference... Smiling ear to ear probably because he's back to fighting undersized opponents and sticking his fingers in their faces. So hard to like this guy. very dirty fihgter.

I always thought his kicks to the knees to hyper extend the knee, especially with opponents with past knee surgeries was a low blow...but then again it is a fight and the fighter will do what the refs allow...

Back