Bas Rutten saying what Sherdoggers already know about Conor/Khabib

Wasn't it going to end when he faced a top 10 opponent for the first time in Poirier?
Wasn't it going to really end when he faced an elite wrestler in Chad Mendes?
Wasn't it going to definitely end when he faced Jose Aldo?
Wasn't it going to absofuckinglutely end when he faced the LW champion?

Keep moving that goalpost buddeh.

<36>

I like how you conveniently left out Diaz, and Floyd. The fact Conor ran from any top contenders, and was forced into retirement after he was brutalized in a sport he was supposed to take over. That one ended real fast didn't it???
<DCrying>

Sebastian a Sherdogger confirmed

I like how you conveniently left out Diaz, and Floyd. The fact Conor ran from any top contenders, and was forced into retirement after he was brutalized in a sport he was supposed to take over. That one ended real fast didn't it???
<DCrying>

Did those fights end the "Conor facade" on Sherdog?

No, it made him 100 million and bigger than ever. Look at where we at now. You're bitching about Conor in a Conor thread, one of thousands on Sherdog. Keep dreaming about the "facade" dying and keep holding salt and bitterness deep in your bum soul.

giphy.gif

Conor via sub round 1
prediction video:

Bas is right, but the "chance" that a punch lands is pretty decent imo. Khabib leaves himself open a bit when he moves forward and Conor is very good at punching while moving backwards.

And I'd bet the farm that if Nate had had to cut to 155 to fight Conor, and took those same shots, he would not have had the fluid cushion to eat those shots.
Lol ifs and buts Colin fans resort to. I'd bet the farm that if there was no ref in both fights, Nate would have literally killed Conor.

See how that works?

The best thing about this fight is the Conor facade will finally end.
The facade went strong after nate made him quit and resort to running away and sporadic fighting the 2nd time around (to avoid getting stopped again).

The Facade was in full force last year when the mayweather farce was in full force - so much so that his fans screamed "he'll become boxing"

And floyd carries and stops him -- they shut up for awhile and now they're back.

His facade will always be there no matter way - may cool off for a bit.

And for the record I dislike conor but I am favouring him.

Not when you take into account the other fighters abilities.
They are both equal. Both very one dimensional but exceptional at their respective skill set.
A punchers chance is when a guy is pretty much outmatched everywhere but has a solid punch on him. That’s my take anyway I could be mistaken. This is a 50/50 fight and if Conor wins it damn well Won’t be from a lucky punch. He would win because he’s a much better striker than khabib.

They are both equal. Both very one dimensional but exceptional at their respective skill set.
A punchers chance is when a guy is pretty much outmatched everywhere but has a solid punch on him. That’s my take anyway I could be mistaken. This is a 50/50 fight and if Conor wins it damn well Won’t be from a lucky punch. He would win because he’s a much better striker than khabib.

I don't believe this fight is actually 50/50. Conor has a better chance than most to get a KO but I still heavily favor Khabib. I expect Khabib to get a takedown and I do not expect Conor to get up, and if he does get up I expect him to get taken down again quickly. On top of that I expect Conor to get tired after one round of that.

He says Conor has a punchers chance but also says a lot of good things about him and gives him props for taking this fight as most people didn't think he would take it. Have to agree with the Bas.

Didn't Bas say this exact thing about Alvarez?

Didn't Bas say this exact thing about Alvarez?

Sort of. He said if there is a KO it would be early by Conor. He also said Eddie would try to grind which he needs to or he will get picked apart. Both were true.

Out of curiosity, how is this Striker vs Grappler match up different from any other example where the Grappler wins?

No way in hell. Not even a remote chance of this happening IMO.

Conor wouldn't take it if he didn't think he could do it if it comes to that. I'm going on the basis that his grappling is underrated.

Conor wouldn't take it if he didn't think he could do it if it comes to that. I'm going on the basis that his grappling is underrated.

Much better grapplers than Conor get mauled by Khabib.

pretty sure he said the same about Alvarez

Wasn't it going to end when he faced a top 10 opponent for the first time in Poirier?
Wasn't it going to really end when he faced an elite wrestler in Chad Mendes?
Wasn't it going to definitely end when he faced Jose Aldo?
Wasn't it going to absofuckinglutely end when he faced the LW champion?

Keep moving that goalpost buddeh.

<36>

Porier super young, but yeh he won. Ok.

Mendes OFF THE COUCH... and still got rag dolled by him. With a camp easily gets the L.

Aldo... yeh whoop de do. One lucky punch. Congrats? If Aldo did the same you’d be crying for a rematch.

Face the facts. He lost to Diaz twice. Conor starves himself to fight MUCH smaller opponents. He beat ONE guy in his weight class.

Wow what a champ! What an elite fighter!

Remember when that roided up idiot in Holland actually threatened to punch Bas's wife in a bar simply for walking past him? Not a great move.

<36><36><36>

Bas went over and politely asked what the problem was. The dude flew off the handle (again) and picked up a barstool, lifting it over his head ready to throw it at Bas.

<24><24><24>

This was, naturally, suicidal. While his hands were up over his head, Bas gave him a quick 1-2 and knocked all his teeth out.

<Goldie11><Goldie11><Goldie11>

The dude collapsed onto the floor, and that was that. Years later Bas bumped into the guy while at the gas station. He was unrecognisable due to the loss of muscle mass. He actually thanked Bas for kicking the shit out of him and explained that the incident persuaded him to get off the roids.

Bas_Rutten.jpg

Imagine not caring, and enjoying both Conor and Khabib.

whatever-bye-felicia-24726189.png

Back