Bas Rutten Criticizes Ronda Rousey UFC 207: Ronda Should Be Fighting Bums In The Smokers, Not UFC

Fuuuuucccckkkkk you, only reason nunes got to whoop her ass is because ronda rousey exisisted. Respect her for what she is.

That sounds like 15 minutes of Bas trying to apply for a job with Ronda.

Come train with me. I could use the job, the money and the fame. Look what I did for Kimbo.

That said, great fighter and commentator.

Hey, it would be pretty cool if Bas went to train Ronda. I'm all for it.

I didn't listen to the podcast (no data), but if he came out and said that it's ridiculous.

I just listened to it an the ts is making this sound way different from the way Bas explained it.

1. Bas never used the word Bum
2. He never said that Ronda shouldn't be fighting in the UFC

What he said was that she should go train with somebody like Bang Ludwig and maybe try to get into a couple of smokers were the other fighters could sign a waiver, so she can get some striking experience.

Dude is biased and a hack commentator.

The 180 that he did on Overeem after Reem left Golden Glory before signing with the UFC back in 2011 was the height of absurdity.

One second, Alistair was unstoppable and was a shoe in to win the UFC title. The next he was a chinny bum.

He also talked about Kimbo being the next big thing then turned on him as soon as he lost.

It's weird that so many people consider Ronda a bum now. She did lose twice but has defended her belt several times successfully in the past.

yeah, against d level fighters who had no striking...

Same thing happened with Aldo after that McGregor loss. But at least he made a beast comeback against Frankie.

I think same thing happened but the point was stupid with Aldo. With Ronda, i understand it more because she lacked the basics @207, it was really weird to witness such a weak performance...

Never listen to Bas as an analyst if you're a betting man, unless you want to bet on the opposite of what he says.

What a fucking stupid comment. Is Overeems lack of punch resistance the fault of his coaches too?

You're the stupid one. You're confusing "chin" with how Ronda reacts to being punched.

Pull your head out of your ass.

I just listened to it an the ts is making this sound way different from the way Bas explained it.

What he said was that she should go train with somebody like Bang Ludwig and maybe try to get into a couple of smokers were the other fighters could sign a waiver, so she can get some striking experience.
Thought so. Click bait thread again.

Another joe rogan who sucks their cocks when they win and when they lose they are bums who were ''exposed''. Pathetic behaviour

Bas was a big old hypocrite regarding Kimbo too. When he was training him he was on his way to glorious heights. As soon as Kimbo dumped him, Bas said he was a lazy bum who wouldn't follow his coaching advice.

Bas Rutten wasnt at the first UFC in the Netherlands because he wanted to get paid more. Old selfish man that cant stfu about himself.

Yep. But Sherdoggers can't take even a minute to click on a video so TS got them Clickbait.

Wow I didn't know that. Care to share the full story brah?

Overeem left Golden Glory because he was signing with the UFC and because the UFC refused to deal with Golden Glory's methods. (Golden Glory was ran very shady and the owner had heavy ties to criminals, Bas is/was great friends with the owner) Dana mentioned Golden Glory way back, they demanded that all fighter payments be paid to them and then they would give the fighter their % (sounded like the fighter's were borderline being extorted). It's also the reason that Marloes Coenen was cut from Strikeforce after UFC bought it out and Jon Olav Einemo was cut from the UFC too. Almost all the relevant fighters at Golden Glory left it in the months/year after Reem left.

I liked Bas a lot and still will listen to him sometimes but his reputation definitely took a nosedive for me after that. He went from slurping on that Reem juice to basically calling him a can and calling into question his character when if anything the whole thing speaks to a lack in Bas' character.

Back